The CRT offices are open from M - F, 10am - 6pm PST | Tech support is provided by email during office hours. Tech support emails are answered in the order they are received.
Before emailing, please read through this list of common issues and the best way to resolve them:
1. I am unable to log into the site using my VIP Username/Login
99.9% of the time this is caused by a forgotten or mistyped password. The quickest to resolve this issue is to click on the "Forgot Password" links underneath where you are trying to log in. If this does not work for you - send an email to The Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Password Reset" in the Subject line of your email. This email MUST come from the email address used to register your account - in order for us to verify your identity - in most cases random emails are ignored.* (*= scroll down to bottom of page)
2. When I attempt to log into the CRT Forum I get an error message that says:
"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."
If a password is entered incorrectly 3 times in the forum login, the above message will appear and you will be temporarily locked out, kind of... This is a safety measure put in place to protect your privacy and keep other users from attempting to "guess" your password and access your account. Often times this can happen from a few simple typos or, ehem, after a few drinks. (We've all been there) 🙂
WHEN THIS HAPPENS - a security question will suddenly appear underneath the login box. You must first click "I forgot my password" and follow the instructions you receive via email to reset your password. THEN, go back to the forum login, enter your NEW CRT Forum password AND answer the security question below to reset your failed login attempts.
Again, if this fails, send an email to The Admin at email@example.com - this email MUST originate from the email address associated with your account. The email MUST come from the email address associated with your account - in order for us to verify your identity in most cases random emails are ignored.*
3. How do I renew my membership?
Follow these steps to renew online:
- Go to costaricaticas.com home page
- Log in using your CRT Login info as you normally would
- Navigate to Member Area ---> Renew/Upgrade (http://costaricaticas.com/vip-renewals-upgrades/)
- Select your Renewal option or Upgrade Option
- Complete Renewal Form
YOU CAN ALSO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN-PERSON AT THE FRONT DESK OF SPORTSMENS LODGE IN SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA
4. Why don't I have access to the VIP Sections of the CRT Forum? I just signed up and paid for a membership!
- Usually this is because you haven't fully registered your CRT VIP account! After you register as a CRT VIP you must also register for the CRT FORUMS. Registration in the forum IS FREE but is a necessary step in completing your registration. WE DO RECOMMEND that you register in the CRT Forum with the SAME username and password that you used to register your VIP Membership. If, for whatever reason, this doesn't work for you...
- This can also happen when you HAVE registered in the forum but haven't ACTIVATED your CRT Forum account. Once you complete the forum registration (HERE) - you will receive and email to verify the address you have provided and activate your account. Once you have done this...
You guess it!! Email The Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have registered in the forum AND have activated your account but you STILL do not have access - it is because:
- You have registered on the weekend - forum activation has to be approved by a real person at the CRT office, which is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- For some reason there was a problem with your registration or we have not received the proper Alerts/Confirmation of your registration (this is very rare but happens) - email The Admin email@example.com if you suspect this might be the case
5. I JUST reset my password - WHY CAN'T I LOG IN!!!???
CRT online is basically TWO things under the same CRT umbrella. There is the CRT Front Page at costaricaticas.com and then there is the CRT Forums at costaricaticas.com/forums. I know it's a little confusing but you CAN actually have 2 SEPERATE CRT VIP passwords. 1 for the Front Page and 1 for the Forums. It's all how you set it up originally. We recommend setting your CRT VIP Username and Password to the SAME THING for both the CRT Front Page and CRT Forum. ALSO NOTE: CRT Passwords SHOULD be at least 4 characters long and include an Uppercase Letter, a lowercase letter and at least 1 number. In fact they HAVE to meet this criteria if you'd like your passwords to be the same.
But this seems real confusing? - We totally understand. If you'd rather not deal with it yourself (which you can do by logging into your CRT account on both the front page and then the forums to update your password to the same thing yourself) you can email PM The Admin in the CRT Forum or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, just ask for "Login Simplify".
6. I lost my CRT VIP Card and I have a trip coming up! Can I get a replacement?
There are two options for CRT VIP Members to receive replacement cards
- We can send you a paypal invoice for $12 and mail you a new VIP Card to the address of your choice.
- You can pick up a replacement VIP Card in person at our VIP Card pickup location in Costa Rica (Sportsmens Lodge) on your next trip – this option is just $10 which you can pay in cash at the front desk when you pick up your card. All you'd need to do is email me a week or so before your trip and I will arrange for your card to be waiting for you.
I'm afraid we no longer print photos on CRT VIP Cards as it caused, ahem, a few problems for more than a few of our members. 😉
*If we receive email correspondence from someone we cannot confirm is you we will usually not respond. We will never help someone find out information about you, attempt to change anything associated with your account or in any way invade your privacy.
*If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register your account - please email The Admin at email@example.com and explain the situation. Put "I CAN VERIFY I AM ME" in the subject line.