www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:41 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've posted here.

I need to get a bone graft and dental implant. The cost here is over $4,000. I'm thinking I can get it done just as well, and much cheaper, in CR.

I did search and review a lot of information on here, though the latest posts are fairly old.

Does anyone have updated info on Bone Grafts and Implants in SJ or Jaco?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I have had 2 done here. By the nephew of my regular dentista. Each, including the crown was around $1,800. Prices may vary. It takes two visits. One for the bone and implant in one visit, and the second six months, or so later for the crown.
They do it differently in the States and consume 9 months of your time.
The oral surgeon is in La Sabana and speaks perfect English.
I prefer the local professionals instead of the assembly line offices here that quote exactly half the US prices.
PM me if you're interested in more info

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Dr Anglada is the one to see.

http://www.costaricaimplants.com

I have done a fair amount of work with them from cleanings to whitenings, cavities, root canal etc. I have recommended friends that have had implants done as well with all great results. One had an issue with one of his implants, when he made a return trip to CR, they worked him in, and made a new cap and installed it. No charge and no issues. He had grafts as well done and for 3 implants plus grafts was less than your $4000.00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:35 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have had two bone grafts, and four implants using Dr. Obando at Nova Dental in Escazu. Do an extensive search before choosing any medical professional. I have been very happy with my experience. Make sure you give yourself at least a couple of days to recover prior to flying back to the states for the bone graft. If it is on your upper jaw, the pressure on your sinus cavity can really be bad when you fly. In my experience, they did an initial exam on Monday and then I came back a day or two later for the graft. You can schedule a trip down to Jaco after the graft and recover down by the beach. You probably won't feel like hanging with chicas for a day or two after the procedure.

The thing about using Dr. Obando - 1. He is a very good surgeon and he is accredited in implants. 2) His English is perfect. 3) 90% of his clientele is from Canada or US. 4) The facility is very modern and spotless. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Nova Dental.

Blackjackguy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The bone grafts can vary a lot depending on how much is being done...the pricey type is the sinus lift. I've had quotes from a couple of places but can't yet comment on quality, etc. Quotes on implants are 1200-1500 depending on size, type, etc. That may be on the high side for CR....place I got quotes from is pretty much high end.