www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I realize this is probably a long-shot. I'm on a mission to shoot (with my camera) a Jaguar in the wild. I do have Corcovado/OSA as my most likely destination albeit, most of my contacts down there indicate that spotting one is very rare and chances of photographing one is close to slim and none. I was wondering if anyone knows of any guides/trackers that might suggest other locations besides The OSA. I've wondered about Tapanti or possibly one of the parks up north but I just don't know enough about them. I've been to OSA 4 times but I thought I'd check see if any board members had any other ideas. Thx.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:38 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I don't know anything about Jaguars, but i googled it. You probably have already seen this info, but ill post the link anyways. http://www.anywherecostarica.com/flora- ... mal/jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good luck, they' re only in the deepest jungle and are nocturnal, they can hear you but you can't hear them, that might end up being a problem for you. They kill differently from other big cats that bite your throat, their jaws are so powerful, they sneak up on you from behind and kill you by biting right through your skull, hopefully you will be dead by the time it starts to eat you.

There are some animal sanctuaries, I think one is in Poas, where you can get up close to some big cats, go there, take your pictures there and spend your time with the feline pussies in San Jose and Jac o, you will come home alive with possibly some scratch marks on your back but alive... :mrgreen: