www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:50 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

charging 10 chica fee is crazy cause 99% of the time if ur staying there ur gonna go down to the bar and spend money on drinks and or girls. when jimmy owned zona i only stayed there and most of my time i wasnt in the room i was at the bar drinking and or buying girls drinks and also sessioning with the girls so there is no need for the 10 bucks cause you make it back and then some. bad business imo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:58 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I think the chica fee is only if you bring someone in from the outside.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:59 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

yeah i guessed that. i brought in a lot of chicks from outside. charging a guest a chica fee when youll make it back by them spending money at your bar buying drinks is pointless especilly when theres other options out there with no chica fee like lodge amistad old mona lisa and now castillo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

maybe its because they are now doing a promo of free drinks when you stay there
i have zero skin in the game but for every guy drinking up i see another two walking back to their room to freshen up their drink esp at a place like SL
if the bar is where most of you think these places "make their money" maybe actually spending money there would help
not saying there isn't margin but esp in the case of Z2 they are up against the wall and struggling to hold on
if you like the place pay the $10 and enjoy the girls or whatever it is you like about the place
incredible

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:35 pm 

Rac wrote:
Geezus :?:

Any of our favorite venues that have failed to stay afloat, have gone down for many reasons OTHER than the number of towels in the laundry.

GEEZUS SAYS - - - That SL and LA (among others) have very successful business models and very good service WITHOUT a chica fee.

Think :!:

no need for me to think about anything since you have it figured out already
LA and SL are different in that they have very shrewd owners w a different set of circumstances
if you think those guys don't ever come out of pocket to cover costs you are delusional
no one is saying the other owners don't bear some responsibility for their plight
but SJ is business hostile and a bunch of cheap ass locals and petty clients doesn't help matters
the ticos probably spend more and thats why the same guys are bitching about too many ticos
these businesses need them to survive

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

LAdiablo wrote:
is $10 really a chica fee?
she is going to use water, towels etc. cmon now

$10 for water and towels? Wtf are you talking about? I've never heard of a hotel charging extra for water and towels. Did spirit airlines take over zona 2?

This is obviously a chica fee. Brooklynkid is right, this is bad business.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Mattyice wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:
is $10 really a chica fee?
she is going to use water, towels etc. cmon now

$10 for water and towels? Wtf are you talking about? I've never heard of a hotel charging extra for water and towels. Did spirit airlines take over zona 2?

This is obviously a chica fee. Brooklynkid is right, this is bad business.

+1. I refuse to patronize hotels that impose it, and I'm guessing plenty of other mongers feel the same way.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 am 

lmfao you guys pay 5-800 for a ticket to get to CR
most would pay 2-300 for a decent poa in the US
and then clench your ass cheeks when it comes to supporting the businesses you frequent...
you know what you are absolutely right
its the fault of the businesses that actually give tight ass cunts like you the time of day
enjoy your wonderland of debauchery and claim your throne
you are the kings of zero :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 am 

So a simple question remains unanswered through all of this clutter.

How long has Zona 2 had a chica fee :?:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 am 

Zona2 cut its teeth as Zona Blue that was wildly popular because of the girls and the prices.
Zona2 has a mediocre set of girls and higher prices then all the other gringo MPs around.
There are at least 5 hotels around with cheaper and as comfortable rooms and free breakfast and no chica fees
You have to be stupid to support a place that cannot cut it any more just for old times sake

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:41 pm 

So many experts on running a pension/bar/hotel... yet so few actually doing it. Strange world I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

Last edited by hotdogg on Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:36 pm 

Isra123 wrote:
Zona2 cut its teeth as Zona Blue that was wildly popular because of the girls and the prices.
Zona2 has a mediocre set of girls and higher prices then all the other gringo MPs around.
There are at least 5 hotels around with cheaper and as comfortable rooms and free breakfast and no chica fees
You have to be stupid to support a place that cannot cut it any more just for old times sake

i totally agree w that part
if you don't like their business model then walk down the street or whatever
that was my first session in CR and it was a totally different animal
it was warm and had character that doesn't even exist a little bit in its current state

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:57 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

LA, SL and Z2 are totally different business models. Consider the chica fee at Z2 like a corkage fee at a restaurant. The restaurant provides wine, but allows you to bring in your own, and charges you a corkage fee to open it on their premises. Same with the chica fee at Z2. They have chicas on premise, but allow you to bring one from the outside for a slight fee.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:11 pm 

Hbosbru wrote:
LA, SL and Z2 are totally different business models. Consider the chica fee at Z2 like a corkage fee at a restaurant. The restaurant provides wine, but allows you to bring in your own, and charges you a corkage fee to open it on their premises. Same with the chica fee at Z2. They have chicas on premise, but allow you to bring one from the outside for a slight fee.

Except the restaurant closes at 9 PM and I want wine at 10.

Dangermann is a great guy and he's making decisions based on current realities, but Jimmy is a hard act to follow.

Jimmy would rent rooms if you needed a shag pad for an hour. I've used (but not slept in) almost every suite under that policy. He let CRT members use a suite for an in-house session if available.

That's a hard act to follow.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:49 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Holiday Inn must use holy water to launder their towels. Seriously, a ten spot does not seem unreasonable at Zona 2. And I am a cheap bastard.

LOL

All this time I thought they used mermaid tears. I'm never going there again... or a first time for that matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next