www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I have a box of 10 really super cigars for the Montecristo lover. 2008 Sublimes, 54X6.46. An independent review
Considered as one of the most successful Cuban limited editions (among the recent ones), the Montecristo Sublime was released in 2008. The size, sublime, was first used by Cohiba in 2004 (for a limited edition as well). It is both fat (54 ring gauge, a monster by Cuban standards) and long (6 1/2 inches), which implies a smoking time of at least 1h30.
Appearance :
Massive, imposing, this cigar attracts attention. Chocolate, oily wrapper shows dark fermentation spots. I have found the same pre-light Cubanesque sour smell as on the No. 4 Reserva. At the foot, I was greeted by meaty peppery and tobacco flavors.
Construction :
The cigar is skillfully rolled with a very accurate triple cap. The draw was fine throughout the smoke. The Sublime burned very slowly and the burn line was rather straight, requiring only one correction. It sported a beautiful ash that held for over 2 inches.
Flavor :
I easily removed the cap and found a generous creamy pre-draw with a hint of spice on the tip of the tongue. For this ring gauge, it was rather easy to light the cigar with a butane lighter. The first pulls are deliciously spicy; the balance is respected. The cigar produces medium amounts of smoke, probably due to its length.
The Sublime remains quite powerful after the spice kick and deploys strong notes of leather, wood and black pepper. It is tannic like a young Saint-Emilion. One inch in, the smoke becomes medium-bodied and delicious flavors of roasted coffee and nuts appear. At the end of the first third, the cigar is surprisingly creamy. The main flavor is wood, with leather, nuts and coffee in the background.
As I progressed in the smoke, the cigar became richer and deeper. The power significantly increases in the second third and one must be careful not to smoke it too fast or it might get harsh. Profound earthy flavors make their way into the bouquet in the last third. I found the finish quite heavy thus only 4.5 stars
Overall Rating :
Fully enjoyable right now, the Sublime will get even better with additional 2-3 years in the humidor. This cigar deserves to be called "limited edition" and is definitely a success. It's probably even a candidate to this year's "best smokes" list...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:54 pm 

Damn you Bruce!! I was all prepared to smoke the Cohiba Behike when I see you next Saturday. Now you throw me a curve ball by offering the Monte Sublime :lol:

WiseAsh wrote:
I have a box of 10 really super cigars for the Montecristo lover. 2008 Sublimes, 54X6.46. An independent review
Considered as one of the most successful Cuban limited editions (among the recent ones), the Montecristo Sublime was released in 2008. The size, sublime, was first used by Cohiba in 2004 (for a limited edition as well). It is both fat (54 ring gauge, a monster by Cuban standards) and long (6 1/2 inches), which implies a smoking time of at least 1h30.
Appearance :
Massive, imposing, this cigar attracts attention. Chocolate, oily wrapper shows dark fermentation spots. I have found the same pre-light Cubanesque sour smell as on the No. 4 Reserva. At the foot, I was greeted by meaty peppery and tobacco flavors.
Construction :
The cigar is skillfully rolled with a very accurate triple cap. The draw was fine throughout the smoke. The Sublime burned very slowly and the burn line was rather straight, requiring only one correction. It sported a beautiful ash that held for over 2 inches.
Flavor :
I easily removed the cap and found a generous creamy pre-draw with a hint of spice on the tip of the tongue. For this ring gauge, it was rather easy to light the cigar with a butane lighter. The first pulls are deliciously spicy; the balance is respected. The cigar produces medium amounts of smoke, probably due to its length.
The Sublime remains quite powerful after the spice kick and deploys strong notes of leather, wood and black pepper. It is tannic like a young Saint-Emilion. One inch in, the smoke becomes medium-bodied and delicious flavors of roasted coffee and nuts appear. At the end of the first third, the cigar is surprisingly creamy. The main flavor is wood, with leather, nuts and coffee in the background.
As I progressed in the smoke, the cigar became richer and deeper. The power significantly increases in the second third and one must be careful not to smoke it too fast or it might get harsh. Profound earthy flavors make their way into the bouquet in the last third. I found the finish quite heavy thus only 4.5 stars
Overall Rating :
Fully enjoyable right now, the Sublime will get even better with additional 2-3 years in the humidor. This cigar deserves to be called "limited edition" and is definitely a success. It's probably even a candidate to this year's "best smokes" list...

Voted San Jose's #1 Maripepino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Is the deal done? Has the HLH been secured for CRT for all time? I hope so I'll be visiting in 10 days and maybe I'll finally introduce myself. But I bet BK might just remember who I am because I wanted to take his manager to one of the rooms, and boy was I disappointed when she told me she was the manager.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:07 pm 

Just got in a sexy black box of 25 Cohiba Magicos 5. A maduro robusto with a CA rating of 91. They look great a a good smoke with lots of flavor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Sam wrote:
Is the deal done? Has the HLH been secured for CRT for all time? I hope so I'll be visiting in 10 days and maybe I'll finally introduce myself. But I bet BK might just remember who I am because I wanted to take his manager to one of the rooms, and boy was I disappointed when she told me she was the manager.

You wanted to session with Isabella??? I admit she has a nice pair but Boyd has a nice stable who are available & will show you a great time!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

SC,
Yes, I wanted to session with Isabella, I prefer woman closer to my age as it actually enhances the illusion for me. I am a born monger and freely admit I have paid for every piece od as* that I have ever had. Going with mature chicas that I might actually have a chance with if I were willing to invest the time is all part of my game. Altough I do sometimes get myself a young spinner I much prefer the MILF.

Sam

I,ll be in town on the 14th!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 pm 

Special for today and Sunday. Cohiba Behike 56 (Behike was the Cigar of the Year in 2010 Cigar Aficionado). Reg $69, 2 days only $40. Your chance to try the very best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:41 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I think that Bill's special cigar humidor was named Monica. I think that being a perro at heart, he would really love the HLH. I would buy him a veggie burger, to replenish his strength after Karen (or whom ever he fancies, I guess she may not be there).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:07 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Nice review WiseAsh on the Montecristo 2008 Sublime Limited Edition it is indeed a great cigar. I am just starting to stock these as they are little spendy but oh so tasty!

Thanks

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:12 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

WiseAsh wrote:
Special for today and Sunday. Cohiba Behike 56 (Behike was the Cigar of the Year in 2010 Cigar Aficionado). Reg $69, 2 days only $40. Your chance to try the very best.

That is a decent price for a cigar lounge good onya for that. I love them some don't but I do!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am 

Boxes of 25 Cohiba Siglo VI, new Partagas Series E, Montecristo Open Eagle, $380. You can also mix a selection of 25. FREE SHIPPING! These are all great cigars. Payment by paypall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:36 pm 

Maduro lovers: I now have in stock Cohiba Magicos and Genios. Also just got in the Cohiba 1966 Special 2011 Edition. All 3 are tasty, rich, but not strong.
The 1966 Cohiba.
SIZE: 6 1/2 X 52
CUBAN VITOLA: CANONZANO ESPECIAL
CUBAN FACTORY CODE:
PRESENTATION:HAND ROLLED
WRAPPER:CUBA
FILLER:CUBA
BINDER:CUBA
PACKAGING: CB-UV-C/S-n-10-G/F-10
STRENGTH CATEGORY: MEDIUM-FULL BODIED
CIGAR AFICIONADO:SOON RELEASED
TASTING NOTES:This Edicion Limitada commemorates the 45th anniversary of Cohiba, the flagship brand of Habanos, with an unique format specially selected for this occasion. These 10 Habanos have been made totally by hand using a selection of tobacco leaves from the plantations of San Juan y Mart�nez and San Luis in the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba, aged for a minimum of two years. This Cohiba 1966 Edici�n Limitada 2011 has been produced in very small quantities. All the Habanos were made by expert rollers of Cuba in order to create this exquisite Habano for the most distinguished smokers. This vitola will be available in the market in just one presentation, a layer box of 10 units in an Boite Nature(BN).
Special for the next 2 days, Cohiba Siglo VI. 25 for $320. Shipping to your country $12.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14 pm 

How much for a single stick??

Man I'm living life like a great white shark swimming with minnows! It's all about panocha, great scotch, fine cigars, loud-ass rock music and speed, speed, speed - plus spending as much time as possible in paradise on earth, Costa Rica!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 pm 

$20. Coming soon ESPRESSO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:08 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

WiseAsh , thanks for a great time and your knowledge of cigars.
Great place to hang. See you in Janero, Senoir Bruce.
Lorenzo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next