www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:57 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ilv4play wrote:
Look at La Amistad and the All Inclusive with CRT discount is about 94.00 per night for a king room which is only 10.00 more than the non inclusive rate of 84.00 so even if you only have a couple of drinks at the bar you can make up the 10.00 really easy and you have the benefit of eating there when you want and not paying for it. The food is actually very good and you might find yourself eating there more often than you think.

The CRT discount doesn't apply to the all inclusive rate, but it is still (currently) the best deal in SJ (for more than an overnight).

If the Castillo adds all inclusive that will be awesome as that venue eclipses the others.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I was going to take advantage of the 35% discount at SL but someone beat me to the last of the rooms for the dates that I wanted.

Instead of SL I booked a room at Casa 69.

If worst comes to worst I could always hit the MPs or get a short time hotel when the mood strikes.

Does anyone know if this place will allow me to entertain guests or if there is any extra fees involved?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Dr Chaos wrote:
I was going to take advantage of the 35% discount at SL but someone beat me to the last of the rooms for the dates that I wanted.

If worst comes to worst I could always hit the MPs or get a short time hotel when the mood strikes.

Does anyone know if this place will allow me to entertain guests or if there is any extra fees involved?

Thanks in advance.

Think its okay but taxis have a problem finding it and there is a few dogs running around the property

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Check this thread on Casa 69. Thought the name rang a bell.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48686&p=556105&hilit=Casa+69#p556105

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:59 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

If LA is booked then try Castillio. Owned by LA. Stayed there last week. Rooms and furnishings are all new. With the 35% discount it ended up around $65 a night with tax and got a free ride to the airport. Would have no problems leaving luggage there.

Stayed at ML and Taoramino 10-15 times and never had a problem with the cat burglers. But others say they did and they couldn't even keep guest computers from walking out of the lobby. Don't think the owner has changed but the management and most of the staff has with the name change from ML to Taoramino. Only problem I had there was with the door not locking on Room 301 in June. It lit up and clicked like it locked but if I pushed on it the door would swing open. Complained three times that morning and they never fixed it and gave me a new room after lunchtime. I would probably leave luggage there but only if it had nothing valuable within. I will add that the maids would not even take the money I left for a tip under their card. Had to hand it to them when I left.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:09 am 

LocoGringo wrote:
Check this thread on Casa 69. Thought the name rang a bell.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48686&p=556105&hilit=Casa+69#p556105

So it's worse than I thought, they are letting people from Florida into that hotel.

Seriously though this reminds me of the Simpsons where Marge tried to sell the house where someone had been murdered. No wonder I am getting such a good deal on the rate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 am 

Hank wrote:
Dr Chaos wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Think its okay but taxis have a problem finding it and there is a few dogs running around the property

To quote Baha men, "who let the dogs out?"

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback!