www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Business Oportunity
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:25 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

For all you guys who are always wishing you could move here but you still need an income stream :D

From Graig's List :roll:

Quote:
Reply to: pers-570430025@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-11, 11:24AM CT

we are looking for an investor for a massage parlor 5 minutes from intl airport. initial investmebt 20K. excellent income. the best girls in town, in the best area, we have the place for rent, the girls and the clients.
Also a night club for sale in alajuela costa rica.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Funny, but I wonder how a gringo would go about opening a MP. It seems to be the number 3 fantasy business that guys want to open down here (Number 1 being a bar, and number 2 being a resturant). I always here about guys opening up bars and then crashing and burning, but not so much MPs.

Is the Pirate Club still around? Were they gringo owned? I NEVER understood why people wanted to open a bar, but a MP :D :D.... That has possibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Counte Dante wrote:
Funny, but I wonder how a gringo would go about opening a MP. It seems to be the number 3 fantasy business that guys want to open down here (Number 1 being a bar, and number 2 being a resturant). I always here about guys opening up bars and then crashing and burning, but not so much MPs.

Is the Pirate Club still around? Were they gringo owned? I NEVER understood why people wanted to open a bar, but a MP :D :D.... That has possibilities.

Lord Counte, the most significant suggestion, IMHO, is to remember that you cannot play with those who work at your business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm 

Professor wrote:

Lord Counte, the most significant suggestion, IMHO, is to remember that you cannot play with those who work at your business.

Actually you can play..you just have to be sure you pay.

I have spoken to more than a few girls who work in various MP's around San Jose and many have said that the don't work in one place or another because tha owner/boss/dueno wanted pu*sy for nothing...thus they left,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:25 pm 

I've been seeing this property for sale in the Tico Times:

http://www.ticotimes.net/realestate_sale.htm#1103

Smack dab in the middle of the gulch.
It looks like an MP in the rough to me! :lol:

Evidently it is gringo owned so the price is likely to have been overinflated. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Livincr wrote:
Professor wrote:

Actually you can play..you just have to be sure you pay.

I have spoken to more than a few girls who work in various MP's around San Jose and many have said that the don't work in one place or another because tha owner/boss/dueno wanted pu*sy for nothing...thus they left,

It is NEVER a good idea for a business owner to play with his people, including the independents. This is HR 101, Business Law 500, and Pychology 999 with the dissertation option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:20 pm 

20k huh? Must be settin their sights high. Wouldn't need 2k to set up most SJ MPs. Actually wouldn't be such a bad business to get into. Look at what's happening around town. Mami's has two satelitte places The owner of Marreusco's expanding to Calle 4, Eddie's investment, recent NF renovations. Hell there's gonna be 40 horny CRT guys on an off weekend at the SL this Sat. The secret is out. There is pu*sy in Costa Rica. Figure out a way to bus in some Nica talent and you are good to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 pm 

I've come across a couple of online "help wanted" ads for MP "staff". I don't know if this typical or if the managment is having difficulty finding help.

Running an MP may not be as easy as it might seem. Finding enough steady do-able chicas could be tough. Especially at the low buck Tico places that don't pay much.

Hmm. I think I have just invented my next job.

Massage Parlor Staff Recruiter!

:D :lol: :P :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:25 am 

Professor wrote:
It is NEVER a good idea for a business owner to play with his people, including the independents. This is HR 101, Business Law 500, and Pychology 999 with the dissertation option.

Prof,
"HR 101 and Business Law 500" are gringo constructs that apply in the US (with the possible exception of Dennis Hoff). Although the dicho "No caca donde comes" has latin origins, I don't know if it applies to a brothel. If I owned a MP, I would consider it my duty as a business owner to make certain that the produce was fresh, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Ciaociao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am 

Ciaociao32001 wrote:
Professor wrote:

Prof,
"HR 101 and Business Law 500" are gringo constructs that apply in the US (with the possible exception of Dennis Hoff). Although the dicho "No caca donde comes" has latin origins, I don't know if it applies to a brothel. If I owned a MP, I would consider it my duty as a business owner to make certain that the produce was fresh, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Ciaociao

So true. A little squeeze, a little sniff...the nose never lies!

Post subject: Get in on the Action!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:10 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21802

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:27 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I responded to the massage parlor ad and here is the email i got back when i asked if it was available:

Yes it is.
This is to do it in Alajuela.
Close to the Airport.
The investment if for the beggining of the project or to buy a franchise of an existing place in downtown Alajuela with permits and a leased place.

I would really appreciate some input from the savvy costa rica vets on whether this would be worth it. I have the money and of course it would hurt if i lost it but it wouldnt ruin me. I would not be living in CR as i own a business here (not yet anyway, maybe in a few years tho) so my main concerns are what kind of protections can i afford myself in the CR legal system. are business contracts solid? could i expect/demand accountings or other legal recourse?

I'm not looking to make a mint, i would be happy with a modest return and a great reason to write off my trips down there. The main concern is getting scammed or how to monitor the business from the US. I would make regular trips but could not be there full time. I have owned businesses in the states for years but i would be clueless on owning a business in a foriegn country. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:12 pm 

W617409 wrote:
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Are you nuts? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:37 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

PacoLoco wrote:
W617409 wrote:
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Are you nuts? :lol:

fair enough, thats what i wanted, honesty. I still am interested in investing in a business in CR if there is a chance for a decent return as well as a good excuse to keep coming down. any reputable sites anyone could recommend? other than craigslist of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:42 pm 

No offense intended, :wink: this "offer" just sounds like a terrible idea to me (if not an outright scam) and of course being on Craigslist doesn't give it much credibility. Even if it is legit there's way too many pitfalls and unseen problems that can and probably will occur, especially if you're not able to stay in country and on top of things.