www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

ColombiaLover wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:
maybe she just wasn't that into you
maybe you didn't pay her what she could make in jaco
maybe she just wanted to watch the match w her amigas/amigos, it was after all the biggest thing to happen in CR since idk, their independence?
not always about us and it is a business transaction after all
sounds to me like you were getting pretty sweet on her and she hurt your feelings
no need to get all angry about it

I'm with you on #1 - #4 (re: #1 - could have been a good faker, like so many are)
#5 - yes, a bit sweet on her...more enjoyed her company, since she didn't hold herself like most of the working girls I've met (but I won't get into details).

#6 - who said I was angry? Disappointed, yes. Ticked off that my Sunday was wasted. But not really angry. Could have kept this story to myself, but didn't. Others have shared their stories, so I figured I should too...moreso in hopes that the body of horror stories will build and maybe one guy, some time, will read that all that is posted and realize, before they get burned, that you need to keep it to business - every many and puta for him/her self.

the original post sounded like you were angry to me if you aren't then my bad. she's a girl in a poor country selling her ass for money so the chances are you will be better educated but not always.
maybe she actually intended to show and was just having fun while making more than you were paying her? not exactly a sin against humanity but unacceptable for you.
not recommending you have more than a business relationship w her but if you like her and want to see more of her this can actually be a good thing.
its up to you to establish what you can accept and what you can't player.
oh and btw thanks for sharing i wasn't meaning to put you on the defensive and don't think i did.
also as others have said if you think this is getting burned...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

ColombiaLover, don't beat your self up over this. Just consider it a rite of passage into full mongerdom. We have all done something similar and some of us more than once. I remember with my last chica, I kept reminding myself "You can't fix stupid." But I've seen me try. :roll: :oops: :)

If you want to feel better about your situation, search for CRT member Rolltide and read about some of his chica bullshit. Hell, Bangbang57 and I both at times think of homesteading another chica and then remember that we really prefer time-sharing to homesteading. It's just cheaper and less hassle.

As to lying, it's not only the chicas that lie. It seems that in Costa Rica lying is viewed as an art form. I've seen them actually admire each other's lies, as in..."That's a good one. I'm going to have to remember that one." We gringos bow up when we are lied to as in..."What do they think I am Stupid?!?" In CR, they seem to see it as "At least she/he liked me well enough to make up a story."

Keep your chin up mi amigo.....and as VegasBob used to prescribe...."Take 2 chicas and call me in the morning." :lol:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:10 pm 

How old is this potential favorita? In some cases it is better to choose an older favorita, say in her 30's and a 6 or 7 for this type of relationship. They no longer can compete in the puta marketplace as well as they used to and may be more open to the relationship you were seeking.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Live and learn and then.........NEXT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:23 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Zunbake3 wrote:
How old is this potential favorita? In some cases it is better to choose an older favorita, say in her 30's and a 6 or 7 for this type of relationship. They no longer can compete in the puta marketplace as well as they used to and may be more open to the relationship you were seeking.

She is 22. Moved out of the house at 15. One baby given away for adoption. Second baby at home, although from the things she tells me, I surmise she's birth-mom, but her parents are really the ones taking care of the baby while she has a good time and makes money.

I imagine you are right about the older chicas. I think you are using the word "relationship" in a generic way, yes? I have no desire for any real relationship (i.e., move in, get married), just to be clear (and I don't think you meant it that way, but just to be sure). It was nice to think that you could have someone to "wife up" with for a few days with whom you had good chemistry, who you found attractive, and who didn't outwardly act or dress like most putas I've seen in SJO. But it's a reminder that putas come in all different kinds of wrappers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm 

Shit, let me try this again. Just got timed out.

RoadMN - yeah, the experiences you have do tend to harden you. That's a good thing.

LAdiablo - No worries. I wasn't trying to sound angry, so sorry if it came across that way. If I'm angry at anyone, it's me for being a dumbass.

I probably could see her again if I wanted. After all, just like you guys, I have money and she wants/needs it. But I doubt it would be the same. The GFE was great. I can't imagine, after seeing that my "perception" of her was wrong, that I would be able to enjoy the GFE in the same way. If I ever see her again and feel the urge, I'll just take her for an hour or so and do the deed. Maybe pound it a little extra hard. But no spending hours with her, buying her drinks (and for a little thing, she sure can drink a lot). Just money for service.

And you are right, this is not really being burned. Maybe I just touched my finger on a hot stove. All I really lost was time. But on a short trip, losing a whole day is a lot to lose. But, again, it was my fault for believing the lies (probably because I hadn't caught her in one before) and waiting for her to call and come over. Why they'd rather lie than be honest, I still don't quite understand (although others have tried to explain it from a cultural perspective). What am I going to do to her if she's honest and tells me...I don't really like you that much...or I can get more money elsewhere....or I can't stand to spend another day with you....or I'd rather sleep after collecting money from you for two days. Nothing. Rather, I would have at least respected her for telling me. But that's too logical right?

Lennydo - thanks for reminding me about the Rolltide posts. I remember reading them a while back. I need to re-read. In fact, I've been reading a lot of posts in other sections of the board (particularly this one), just to remind myself of the experiences of others. I obviously failed a grade and need to get some tutoring to get back on track! I need to go back and refresh on those Rolltide posts.

I wrote several of the reply posts while I was sitting in the airport waiting for a flight (not at the SJO airport - I left Monday). As I boarded the plane and sat down, I kind of reviewed the posts and replies in my mind and just had to start chuckling to myself. How ridiculous!

I have been doing this for about 10 years now, I guess. I've been going to SJO twice per year (3 times so far this year) for about 4 years. My trips are usually for about 4-5 days. I've almost always had good experiences before (and the few bad experiences were just bad performers and nothing more). Maybe it's because I always stuck to the gameplan and did ST sessions. I never took chicas out to dinner or paid for their drinks for hours. Unless it's a girl with good English who has some education, what's the point? I never did a TLN (until the favorite). I never looked at one for a possible "wife up." And it was OK. But as many times as I've been in SJO, I'm still not quite comfortable with the workings of the scene.....meaning the girls' mentality and behavior. And I'm not connected to any locals (ticos) either. I feel at home in SJO in one way, but off my game in another way. And because of that, I made a mistake of using the wrong head to make a decision on a trip. I started going to SJO because of the convenience factor. Cheap, direct and short flights from home. Ready-made action. Lower quality chicas and higher prices, but that's the trade-off.

You see that my handle is CL. That's for good reason. I love Colombia. That was the place I first began mongering years back - in Medellin and Cartagena. I still go to Colombia quite a bit, but for other reasons, so my mongering there has tailed off almost totally. I have a soft spot for Medellin - the weather, the city, and, of course, the hot, cheap and skilled chicas. I never had problems with any chicas in Colombia. Of course, there were little things like being a bit late, but that's about it. I think part of the reason was that I managed to get myself connected to locals, both gringo and, more importantly, Colombianos. The locals (Colombianos) I knew had my back if I needed it. If some girl caused me a problem and I wanted to send a message, the guys were more than willing to send a message for me. They knew how to control a barrio girl (the ticos don't seem to quite get that). Really never had to do it, but it was nice knowing it was available.

The problem with the girls in SJO is that they are not accountable. They screw over gringos left and right and what can we do about it? Some guys are good at kicking a chica out of their room if the performance is not as promised - good for them. Maybe we can make a report and warn guys about a bad chica on CRT (but how many really pay attention). But we, as gringos, really have no way to punish poor performance or bad behavior. Not saying all chicas would learn lessons quickly, but with time they might....at least some of them. And we'd (or at least I'd) feel better knowing that they didn't get away scott free (I believe in teaching lessons...but that's another story). Guess the best we can do is to keep reminding ourselves that it is our money and we are buying a service and that we need to do the best we can, when we have them in our control (i.e., before the money is exchanged), to keep control and get what we pay for. I'll need to re-read this post next time I'm heading to SJO, I guess. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 pm 

"[quote][/quote]She is 22. Moved out of the house at 15. One baby given away for adoption. Second baby at home, although from the things she tells me, I surmise she's birth-mom, but her parents are really the ones taking care of the baby while she has a good time and makes money.

I imagine you are right about the older chicas. I think you are using the word "relationship" in a generic way, yes? I have no desire for any real relationship (i.e., move in, get married), just to be clear (and I don't think you meant it that way, but just to be sure). It was nice to think that you could have someone to "wife up" with for a few days with whom you had good chemistry, who you found attractive, and who didn't outwardly act or dress like most putas I've seen in SJO. But it's a reminder that putas come in all different kinds of wrappers."

Columbia Lover, I referenced it as a "favorita" relationship, not a "traditional" non p4p relationship. 22 years old is very young for me at 59 years for a favorita choice, how old are you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 pm 

Zunbake3 wrote:
"
Quote:
She is 22. Moved out of the house at 15. One baby given away for adoption. Second baby at home, although from the things she tells me, I surmise she's birth-mom, but her parents are really the ones taking care of the baby while she has a good time and makes money.

I imagine you are right about the older chicas. I think you are using the word "relationship" in a generic way, yes? I have no desire for any real relationship (i.e., move in, get married), just to be clear (and I don't think you meant it that way, but just to be sure). It was nice to think that you could have someone to "wife up" with for a few days with whom you had good chemistry, who you found attractive, and who didn't outwardly act or dress like most putas I've seen in SJO. But it's a reminder that putas come in all different kinds of wrappers."

Columbia Lover, I referenced it as a "favorita" relationship, not a "traditional" non p4p relationship. 22 years old is very young for me at 59 years for a favorita choice, how old are you?

22 is obviously too young for me too! But she, in SOME WAYS, is a bit more mature than the average 22 years old, from my experience with her. I am 48. 28 or 30 would be better, but I don't seem to meet those types.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:19 am 

ColombiaLover wrote:
What am I going to do to her if she's honest and tells me...I don't really like you that much...or I can get more money elsewhere....or I can't stand to spend another day with you....or I'd rather sleep after collecting money from you for two days. Nothing. Rather, I would have at least respected her for telling me. But that's too logical right?

LOL! Are you kidding me here? Has any woman ever said any of that to any man ever? That might be the most illogical thing I've ever read.

According to Captain Hindsight, you should have just taken the hint when she changed her plans for Saturday, treasured the good times you had together, and banged as many hot chicas as you could til your plane left on Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 pm 

ColombiaLover wrote:
RoadMN - yeah, the experiences you have do tend to harden you. That's a good thing.

there is a lot of good knowledge in this thread, from many respected mongers. I will re-read this thread a few times down the road.

The above quote I'd like to challenge. Mongering is a hobby, and though very real things do happen in the hobby, it is important to try to keep things in perspective. You are right in that a bad experience can harden you, but it is a *bad* thing. I remember an old internet posting that said "Never let a cunt turn you into a dick!".

This doesn't mean that you ignore the lessons learned. Just don't let them fundamentally change who you are. Our hobby has enough assholes in it already.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:10 pm 

Dr.Mario wrote:
Maybe???? Keep it simple guys. Come to CR, Enjoy the girls company, GO HOME!!!!!! Trying to involve emotions and mongering do not go together. PERIOD......... Over and over guys on here try to tell other mongers this fact, but guys don't want to listen. Remember what you are doing and things will be alright.

This is absolutely excellent advice, but for me, it just won't work. I will forever get myself wrapped up in chica bullshit, and have no one to blame but myself. But in between the bouts of bullshit are exceptional experiences that I would not trade away for anything in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Dr.Mario wrote:
Maybe???? Keep it simple guys. Come to CR, Enjoy the girls company, GO HOME!!!!!! Trying to involve emotions and mongering do not go together. PERIOD......... Over and over guys on here try to tell other mongers this fact, but guys don't want to listen. Remember what you are doing and things will be alright.

This is absolutely excellent advice, but for me, it just won't work. I will forever get myself wrapped up in chica bullshit, and have no one to blame but myself. But in between the bouts of bullshit are exceptional experiences that I would not trade away for anything in the world.

Yea, BD, as much as I'm going to try to change, I imagine I'll be just like you again next time. At least I can look back at it in hindsight and laugh...and also remember some great sessions that I definitely don't regret.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:36 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:

Hey Bashful,
I just realized that you are the new PacoLoco. :lol: :lol: :lol: For the longer-time members, you will know what I mean. He doesn't post anymore, but is also a guy who always seemed to find chica drama in CR.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:57 am 

Orange wrote:
Hey Bashful,I just realized that you are the new PacoLoco. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have read his postings of old. I will do my very best to take this as a compliment. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:48 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

ColombiaLover wrote:
But as many times as I've been in SJO, I'm still not quite comfortable with the workings of the scene.....meaning the girls' mentality and behavior. And I'm not connected to any locals (ticos) either. I feel at home in SJO in one way, but off my game in another way. And because of that, I made a mistake of using the wrong head to make a decision on a trip. I started going to SJO because of the convenience factor. Cheap, direct and short flights from home. Ready-made action. Lower quality chicas and higher prices, but that's the trade-off.

+1
You see that my handle is CL. That's for good reason. I love Colombia. That was the place I first began mongering years back - in Medellin and Cartagena. I still go to Colombia quite a bit, but for other reasons, so my mongering there has tailed off almost totally. I have a soft spot for Medellin - the weather, the city, and, of course, the hot, cheap and skilled chicas. I never had problems with any chicas in Colombia. Of course, there were little things like being a bit late, but that's about it. I think part of the reason was that I managed to get myself connected to locals, both gringo and, more importantly, Colombianos. The locals (Colombianos) I knew had my back if I needed it. If some girl caused me a problem and I wanted to send a message, the guys were more than willing to send a message for me. They knew how to control a barrio girl (the ticos don't seem to quite get that). Really never had to do it, but it was nice knowing it was available.

Want to visit by end of year, in Venezuela the girls were cheaper and happy to get work, BBJ and GFE automatic, and if you pay for an hour you get and hour, no matter how many powders. Didn't feel as targetedt for ripoffs as in CR.

The problem with the girls in SJO is that they are not accountable. They screw over gringos left and right and what can we do about it? Some guys are good at kicking a chica out of their room if the performance is not as promised - good for them. Maybe we can make a report and warn guys about a bad chica on CRT (but how many really pay attention). But we, as gringos, really have no way to punish poor performance or bad behavior. Not saying all chicas would learn lessons quickly, but with time they might....at least some of them. And we'd (or at least I'd) feel better knowing that they didn't get away scott free (I believe in teaching lessons...but that's another story). Guess the best we can do is to keep reminding ourselves that it is our money and we are buying a service and that we need to do the best we can, when we have them in our control (i.e., before the money is exchanged), to keep control and get what we pay for. I'll need to re-read this post next time I'm heading to SJO, I guess. :)

I don't understand why some say you shouldn't get mad. I agree long term it helps nothing but in the short term it's a normal response. Since when is it OK to mislead someone (lie) esp when it results in that person going to great expense and trouble like you did. In the normal business world if a person makes a contract for services and one party incurs expenses to do their part and the other doesn't, the failing party can be sued for damages, and they will collect. Just because they aeren't educated and live in a 3nd world country doesn't excuse the behavior. As long as we tolerate their lying and BS they will just keep doing it. Like you I let them know they have been busted. With my limited experience it seems the younger girls seems to be much worse than say, a 28 yr old who has the maturity and better business sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next