www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need a good BS story.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ok I f----d up and need a "Good" BS story! Coming down for six days in the begging of November. I made the mistake of telling a tica friend ( non pro-strictly platonic) of mine that I am coming. I was thinking of taking her to the beach one day. Now she is planning stuff...the first day we can meet for coffee with my friend, go to beach for a day then she works 3 days-4pm-midnight, but I see she will want to meet up for some socializing lunch ect..Throughout. We really are good friends but as my arrival gets closer I realize that I want to have "fun" :twisted: and not cut into my hound dog time. You guys are the experts. Any tried and true BS to make her think I have to cancel my trip will be appreciated. Looking forward to your posts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

This country is small. Everywhere you go you will see someone you know or knows the person you are with at that time. It will be tough to just avoid her without giving her some kind of "good" excuse. I always say honesty is the best policy, but I know it does not work all the time to your benefit. I suggest you just tell her that you have some plans made with buddies you are meeting here and that you will need to play it by ear more in case your "newbie" buddies want to go somewhere different. Tell her this trip is more for them than you. So you don't have to be trappd in some platonic BS........ Just my humble opinion of course.....

Good Luck

the DR

<-------OG'n CR before it was cool... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I'm with the Doc, tell her the truth. You don't have to make up lies. She's not your wife or girlfriend. :P

Tell her that you have amigas that you want to spend time with and will not be available to spend as much time as you want with her.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:49 pm 

Yup-make that three for telling the truth. Figure how just how much time you want to spend with her and set the boundary. If she does not like it, oh well. It is your life; life it your way. Of course, you can be kind and tactful while being clear and firm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

My father came with me on this trip. He got a lot of the blame why i was late or not where i said i would be.. Good to have a scapegoat that doesn't speak spanish.haha.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

As chopper said blame a wingman if you have one. Or better yet say you ran into an old friend and you went out for a drink. Or you could just be honest. I will be using the wing line for the nest 2 months in Peru as my friends don't speak spanish.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Naaahh....the chicas in CR love the drama of a good lie. They viewing lying as an art form; they admire each other's lies. :roll: 8)

Even if she catches you, she will only scream at you for a short while. CR chicas are not like gringas - she will still have great sex with you the same day she finds out about your lie. :D :P

All you gotta do is follow Shaggy's message in his song "Wasn't Me"......If you're gonna be a player, you gotta know how to play. Never admit to a word that she say - just say "Baby no way!" Hell it worked for Herman Cain even when the entire US media and 4 different women said he was lying. :roll: :lol:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm 

haha Just triggered a frustrating memory that I can laugh about now. Once spent I don't know how many hours trying to explain to a chica that I would actually have to care to lie. No reason to lie if I don't care if you believe me. She didn't quite get the concept. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 pm 

Lennydo wrote:
Naaahh....the chicas in CR love the drama of a good lie. They viewing lying as an art form; they admire each other's lies. :roll: 8)

Even if she catches you, she will only scream at you for a short while. CR chicas are not like gringas - she will still have great sex with you the same day she finds out about your lie. :D :P

All you gotta do is follow Shaggy's message in his song "Wasn't Me"......If you're gonna be a player, you gotta know how to play. Never admit to a word that she say - just say "Baby no way!" Hell it worked for Herman Cain even when the entire US media and 4 different women said he was lying. :roll: :lol:

Funny post. I usually try to get as close to the truth as possible. The truth does cleanse the soul, but a "white lie" sometimes is good for damage control, and saves angst for both parties.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Here's another strategy: Plan things with her at the exact time you want to be doing something else. That way she will actually show up hours later when you are done with your dastardly deeds.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm 

8ball wrote:
Here's another strategy: Plan things with her at the exact time you want to be doing something else. That way she will actually show up hours later when you are done with your dastardly deeds.

Great advice, usually you can always count on them being on "tica time." They are not Germans or Austrians.