www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 55  Next

Who do you want to win the Worls Series this year?
LA Dodgers 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
Los Angeles Dodgers 71%  71%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:50 am 
Irish Drifter wrote:
Phoenix Rising wrote:

Yes. You're in...welcome! :) I hope you can share some anecdotes from the old days with us... I have a poster of the 1955 World Champions on my wall. I remember my father reminiscing about the absolute EUPHORIA after they beat the Yankees for their first WS championship. I still have the Daily News "Who's A Bum" newspaper!!

Would be happy to. Living in Northern NJ when the Yankees :x and the Dodgers :D played in world series games the school administration piped the play by play into the classroom. In those days all games were in the afternoon. After so many disappointments '55 was complete euphoria for us Dodger fans.

I was fortunate enough to have been to games in Yankee Stadium, The Polo Grounds as well as Ebbets Field. I first saw Jackie Robinson play when he was with the Montreal Royals and the played the Jersey City Giants at Roosevelt Field in Jersey City. :lol:

"Those were the days my friend those were the days." :lol: :lol:
:D :) damn ID how old are you :D were you around in 1863 for the address :?: :D :lol: also hopefully Harlo allowance got raised so he can pay for pizza and cab fares :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:02 am 
:D :D :D bump,bump :D :D clap,clap,clap :D :D It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood for PR, a beautiful day in the neigborhood :D :D won't you be mine :evil: :evil: will you be mine :evil: :evil: bump, bump :shock: :shock: clap,clap :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 am 
Squidface wrote:
:D :D :D bump,bump :D :D clap,clap,clap :D :D It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood for PR, a beautiful day in the neigborhood :D :D won't you be mine :evil: :evil: will you be mine :evil: :evil: bump, bump :shock: :shock: clap,clap :roll: :roll:
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: clap clap :lol: :lol: hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

GetRhythm wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find TBS's coverage incredibly flat and uninvolving? And it doesn't help that Dick Stockton - IMHO the worst PBP guy of all-time - is anchoring things...

I know - I should just get off my lazy ass and turn on Vinny on the radio, but I actually don't get good AM reception anywhere near the TV. Would love to hear his dulcet tones calling the games though.

Absolutely agree and I think I've found the solution...

http://radiotime.com/station/s_31317/KABC.aspx

Listen to Vinny tonight on the computer....! :D :D :D :D

PS Thanks ID for the stories... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Lights-out Lidge does it. Start listening at 4:45 PM ET tomorrow for more pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 pm 

JazzboCR wrote:
Lights-out Lidge does it. Start listening at 4:45 PM ET tomorrow for more pain.

The error. :(

Sometimes thats all it takes. Lowe was already a bit fragile from the previous inning.

Good baseball game.. congrats to the Phils Hasta manyana....

phx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:09 pm 

Quote:
PR is wearing his smelly Nomar shirt, wearing fake dreadlocks waiting for the game :D :D :D
Hey who said that? :lol: Besides Manny had pretty curly braids tonight not dreads :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:15 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

tough game...phils' bats finally woke up. We really let a great opportunity go to waste in the first inning. No question about it the best pen in the NL. Their starting pitchers' quality drops significantly after Hamels...

...game 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:28 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Hey Jazz at least you didn't start with all that: "Pain trainz a coming! WhoooWhhooo!" trash :lol: :lol: It's all good brother, the Phils have to come to our house... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:45 pm 

Brother LAHeat--Thanks for crediting me with a little good taste. Besides, 1 close game does not a series make and we have to play at least 2 on your turf. It wasn't just the error that was the difference--2 or so inches on Manny's blast would have done. The predicted excellent pitching happened as well. Well played mostly. "Manana is good enough for me..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:22 am 
Florida wrote:
Squidface wrote:
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: clap clap :lol: :lol: hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D the cubbies suck clap clap clap :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:58 am 

C'mon FLAccid and others--the Cubs are so yesterday--can we discuss calmly, current events? Philly 1, Dodgers 0, with lots more to play. And Manny isn't going to be held down for a whole series--even I'm realist enough to recognize that. Best we can do for him and Furcal and...is to limit the damage. Just as LA has to somehow control the magnificent Philly Hitting Machine. Lowe was doing that until he got some pitches up in the zone and then it's hello and goodbye from Mr. Utley and Mr. Burrell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:27 am 

Earlystart83 wrote:
tough game...phils' bats finally woke up. We really let a great opportunity go to waste in the first inning. No question about it the best pen in the NL. Their starting pitchers' quality drops significantly after Hamels...

...game 2

Just.. "Manny being Manny" walking to 2nd after the bomb he hit to CF. Nothing like hustling and getting to 3rd on that hit so you can score on a ground ball or SAC fly! You guys have experienced the good...welcome to the bad :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:44 am 
:D :D Phillies Rising :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:56 am 

Squidface wrote:
:D :D Phillies Rising :D :D :D
Ho Ho HO :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 55  Next