www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Puerto Viejo restaurants
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:03 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Any good restaurants recommenended for daytime meal? Seafood or local cusine would be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:26 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

One of my favorite places in Puerto Viejo is called Cafe Mis Elena. After you cross over the little bridge coming into town, take an immediate right and go bck into the neighborhood 2 blks. You'll see a pilapa style structure on your right. Very good Caribbean cuisine and seafood. If you like ginger ale, Elena makes home made ginger ale. A great little breakfast place is at the dive shop along the beach called Soda Luisa. The restaurant at Cabinas Casa Verde has good food. Kaya's Place has a very good chef with fresh offerings everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:42 am 

Go the end of the main street and look for the bar upstairs on the right hand side. Edwin, the owner is a very cool and connected guy. His family arrived in PV approx 101 years ago from Jamaica in a canoe. Edwin is The Congressional Rep from PV to the CR legislature. He has a restaurant downstairs that should be open by now.

Cafe Rico across from Monte Verde is great for breakfast. The rasta's e'otra gringos are usually more than happy to share their "ganga" if you are in need of a little attitude adjustment.

I love PV! Even if it is kind of a pain to get to.

Rocco

Post subject: Puerto Viejo Restaurants
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:29 pm 

This might be a little late but I'll post it anyway.

Allow me to put in a shameless plug for El Tesorro (and it has nothing to do with the fact that Charlie the manager is a good friend of mine).

The food at El Tesorro is absolutely phenominal and I can't say enough good things about the menu. Every item was hand selected by Charlie and it is all delicious!!

On a side note, if you are strictly on a budget you want to look elsewhere. El Tesorro is not the cheapest place in town so avoid it if you are trying to watch your colones. It's not the most expensive either and I think the prices are well worth the quality of the food. Another plus factor for many people who eat/stay there is that there is free internet for the patrons and Charlie is an American (fluent in Spanish) who can help you find your way around if you need assistance.