www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:21 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Thanks for the insight. It's not that she's self-conscious being seen in public with me. She's in public with me all of the time - Café Mundo, Key Largo, Esquinas, etc. But some of these places are a bit more "exclusive" than Mundo and Esquinas and I just don't want her to feel bad because of the way a fellow tico stares at her. Maybe I'm the only one that really is worried about it (not her). Just wasn't sure how the CR upper class were....say, compared to upper class Paisas.....who will not hide their utter distain for a girl they believe is in a place that is above her strata.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:26 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

If she's 18 and you're 70, someone will figure somethings amiss! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:37 pm 

Not too worried about anyone figuring something out. I'm 48. She's 22. As I'm sure you all have, I've met many gringos who are married (or in serious relationships) with ticas (ex-putas and not) who are substantially younger than them. I don't care what anyone at the restaurant might thing, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't glare and obviously gossip to whoever they are with. My experience in Medellin (at least in Poblado) is that the wealthy are pretty obvious in their utter disdain and are not afraid to display that disdain that a gringo would bring someone from below their strata into one of their restaurants for a meal. I am hoping it's not like that in CR. Maybe it's a Paisa thing. Or maybe it's a Latino thing. Trying to figure that out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Columbia Lover:

You are correct about Medellin. Even Boyd, the owner of the Plaza tries to avoid this situation with his chicas.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:32 pm 

Columbia Lover:

I have taken my favorita to Grano de Oro. She is 33 and I am 59. She is from a poor background but she seemed to handle it well and no one noticed us that time. At Le Chandelier we were basically the only ones there so it was a moot point. BTW, I grew up in a housing project in Brooklyn and went to High School with folks like Al Sharpton.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:56 am 

This is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

Zunbake3 wrote:
Columbia Lover:

I have taken my favorita to Grano de Oro. She is 33 and I am 59. She is from a poor background but she seemed to handle it well and no one noticed us that time. At Le Chandelier we were basically the only ones there so it was a moot point. BTW, I grew up in a housing project in Brooklyn and went to High School with folks like Al Sharpton.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:52 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I like the Baalbek Bar and Restaurant. It is in Heredia. The food is Lebanese and Italian. The views of San Jose are tremendous. Most importantly, no one will bother you.

http://www.baalbekbaryrestaurante.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 pm 

ColombiaLover wrote:
Thank you all for some great options!

Now let me ask you all a very frank question. I am planning to take my favorite. She is a respectable girl. She has a full-time job, but works on the side. She's not a HDR hard core, but she does work. She dresses nicely and behaves properly.

Nope, that is all that matters. She dresses appropriately and behaves well; neither of you has anything to worry about.

Also, manners are still taught in Latin households so you all will be fine.

Go out and enjoy yourself.

At the Mall I took my ex-favorite to a place called "Inka ...." It was a Peruvian restaurant and pretty good. The mall makes a good diversion too unless she will hit you up for a present.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:42 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Chicharronera Cacique Acseri Restaurant in Aserrí

I just wanted to let you guys know about a very good typical style Costa Rican Style Restaurant. The name is Chicharronera Cacique Acseri Restaurant, it is located in Aserri,about a half hour out of the Gulch.The food is great,portions are large,prices are good,and the AMBIANCE IS GREAT.This is a dinner and dancing experience combined,I never been to such a lively restaurant,while you are eating ,there is live music playing and all kind of funny looking people in costume dancing,interacting with the guests.It was nothing short of CARNIVAL in a RESTAURANT.The place is very big and always crowded.This is a must see place,not a tourist place,a typical place with typical people,doing typical things.Im sorry if I left anything out,but anybody who has been there please chime in.Guys take your Novias there,you will be rewarded. :P ,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:27 pm 

Asmpog wrote:
Chicharronera Cacique Acseri Restaurant in Aserrí

This is a dinner and dancing experience combined,I never been to such a lively restaurant,while you are eating ,there is live music playing and all kind of funny looking people in costume dancing,interacting with the guests.It was nothing short of CARNIVAL in a RESTAURANT.The place is very big and always crowded. :P ,

Sounds like the Ram Luna :)

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 am 

ColombiaLover wrote:
Guys - due to her "hard work" and dedication, I believe my favorite has earned dinner at a nice place. I know about Café Mundo and Equinas de Buenos Aires. But any other recommendations....something quiet and romantic either in town or in the hills overlooking the city? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

CL

If you are in the Jaco area, there is no better place or more romantic than Villa Caletas. http://www.hotelvillacaletas.com/. Located at about 1100 feet above the pacific, it has astonishing sunsets over the ocean. It also has an amphitheatre for sitting if you want to just enjoy happy hour and some bocas. Whiskey sours are $5 at 5 p.m. I have taken the wife there for dinner and it is great. Check them out if you are staying close to the Jaco area.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 am 

One Lucky Dogg wrote:
ColombiaLover wrote:
Guys - due to her "hard work" and dedication, I believe my favorite has earned dinner at a nice place. I know about Café Mundo and Equinas de Buenos Aires. But any other recommendations....something quiet and romantic either in town or in the hills overlooking the city? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

CL

I

I lived here 2 years 2007-2009, during that time I took many of my fave's to lunches and dinners, cheap places, medium priced places and a few expensive places. I was mid 50's at the time and most of them were mid 20's. I never once saw a nasty look or got a rude comment, and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, me speaking broken Spanish, they speaking broken English, both of us trying to learn each others language and culture. I say don't worry about that in the least, go have fun, reward her with a fancy meal that is easily available to us any time we want but possibly a big exciting event for her. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:01 am 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... Ww&cad=rja

This is an elegant little place you can get away to, even table clothed tables out on the front porch, food is fantastic, service is non stop attentive and not mind blowing expensive, surprisingly affordable for the elegance and ambiance they deliver, I've taken many of my fave's there, as long as they dress normal no one seems to care a beautiful senorita is with an older gringo, if anyone asks, tell them you are her long lost grandfather from the United States... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It says 'barbeque" but it's nothing like barbeque of the USA, it's steak, seafood and chicken, excellently prepared and a number of sauces on the side are available to choose from, some of them spicey and hot, you don't have to choose them if you don't care for spicey, so don't let the word barbeque scare you off. I recommend sitting out on the front porch in the evening, quiet, away from everyone else, very romantic...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 pm 

That looks like a nice place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:13 pm 

+1 on Villa Caletas, if you are going by private driver, stop there for a drink overlooking the ocean and you can also see some of the Jaco high rises as well.