www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Had two meals at the Costa Del Sol, one the famous Chicken Parmesian and some pizza.
Both are nice. The pizza dough is hand made and very good. Portions of both meals are large. The pizzas come in two sizes and the small one was enough for a hungry me.

Interuptions: 13
There were 13 interuptions by street vendors wanting to sell us something or play music or in some way separate us from our money while dining.
That took away from the pleasure.

Next time maybe I will sit away from the front entrance.

Not open on Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:22 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Ace...

I was ther last night for the first time and had the chicken parm. It was as advertised...very good.

Had the street vendors on me also as I was sitting near the front. The were constantly on me and I had a pocketful of chocolates. I just gave them a small one each and they would look at me puzzeled and leave.
I had them on me as I like to give them out at the BM.

By the way...how did you like the service that Y offers.

Pura Vida

ShowerHead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:45 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Problems with vendors bothering you during dinner occurs at other places as well (Mariscar come to mind). I knows some CRT'ers sometimes consider these street vendors amusing or feel sorry for them. I just consider them a pain in the ass and don't think one should do anything to encourage them, even if its only dos colones or penny candy, not just for you but for the next gringo that walks in there. If you are at any business and find these guys bothering you and they repeatedly persist, try saying something to the waiter or management. Believe me they will take care of it (at least while you are there) as they don't want anyone driving away their customers. I have seen restaurant owners get practically violent with these guys, certainly a lot more forceful than I would have been and I don't have to deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:07 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Costa Del Sol is a little hole-in-the-wall pizza joint right on the main pedestrian walkway. I often stop by there (usually when I'm alone) for a quick, light, lunch. A slice of very good pizza and a refresca costs a little over $1.

I would not go there for dinner with a group of friends hoping to have an interesting conversation. There is just too much commotion and too many interruptions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:46 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

You get hassled less by sitting upstairs...but service is always better downstairs. Ya just have to learn the latin sign of shaking our index finger no-no sideways as they approach which usually keeps them from interrupting your conversation. Its still the best value on the street with the CRT discount and often a complimentary sambuca desert...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

We had a group of 13 for dinner at the DG Birthday bash(see photo in VIP section)...we took over the entire second floor, and nobody bothered us. Management was kind enough to provide a wonderful birthday cake and then they put a full bottle of sambuca(complimentary) on the table for us to enjoy. I can`t say enough good things about this restaurant. It is my favorite restaurant in San Jose.

DG

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

DG:
Sorry I missed the bash... CDS is still a great establishment and they always make us feel welcome...... now if they only had AC... it can get hot in there...... Thanks for the group photo it shows what a party I missed.. Especially the SAMBUCCA!...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:50 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Had a great time and a great meal at Don Gordos Bday party. Went back a few times after and had great food, large portions, and great service. I highly recommend this place!