www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Restaurante Solera
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:23 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Restaurante Solera, which I believe is where they had the Thanksgiving dinner is a place where the food is good and it can be classified as Noveu, or fusion if you were in the states. I good mix of fish, and meats allows the chef to create some interesting entrees and appetizers.

A bit of a pain in the butt to find, its in a residential area in and old house up on the hill.. .Two rooms one off the bar area and a large dining area or atrium in the back where I like to eat personally.

Although its name is Spanish (and has many meanings, for example, the barrel used to make sherry), the food served at Solera cannot be placed into any one category. The owners who are the chefs have combined their talents and added the highlights of several culinary styles to their well thought-out menu.

Not as busy as I would expect due to the good quality of the food, but probably due to location in its difficulty in finding it. Was there a few months back and the meal was solid, inexpensive with a decent wine list with some exceptional values on it.

Again in researching for you guys, I forgot about this place and will go back there again soon.

ALl Major CC accepted, no reservations really required except for large parties.