www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey CRT Bros’

I’m a newbie getting ready for my virgin trip to CR. We’ll be in Jaco first part of our trip 17th – 19th, then SJ for a night to close things out.

I’m a newbie to CR, but not to the hobby. I’ve been a monger in the Bay Area frequenting AMP’s for a couple years now. Being black, most of the Asian ladies are fearful as I walk in the door. Their fear may stem from a variety of reasons like general stereotypes, the mythical size, bad previous sexperiences and fear for their reputations (by co-workers) for giving service to a black man.

My experience with the Asian ladies has been 90% positive (concerning race). They seem very reserved on the first visit. I treat them with respect (and tenderness) and on the following visits I’m treated like a king.

My buddy, whom I’m traveling with, has been to CR a few times. He is white, but tells me not to worry. He says that trim falls off the trees in CR. He is really outgoing and is pretty good with the ladies. I’m more reserved and layed back. Not sure what to expect down there.

But I’ll like to hear from some of you bro’s (white, black or latino) on what you have witnessed or experienced dealing with the tica’s

Also would like to say that my experience on this board so far has been positive. All questions were answered quickly, with great info. :D

Thanks in advance gentlemen
B-Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:02 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Your buddy is right. The most important color to the chicas is green.....No worries, have a blast.

Psychman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:11 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hey Bro,

Like Psychman said, all that matters is if you have $$$. You may find initially that some of the chicas may think you're a native, just open your mouth and they'll soon know you're not.

Once they know you're from the states it's all business from there.

They could give a rats ass less if you were white, black, asian, old, young, fat, skinny, etc, etc...

Just relax and enjoy the best experience of your life....

bookumdanno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:26 am 

Bookumdanno wrote:
.....all that matters is if you have $$$.
They could give a rats ass less if you were white, black, asian, old, young, fat, skinny, etc, etc...

BS, here's an example. Back in August, while standing by the exchange counter in the HDR, my wingman and I were standing along the wall, watching all the eye candy walk by. In walks one of the most beautiful women that I have ever laid my eyes on, ever, anywhere, in my entire life. She was absolutely captivating. She was truly one of the most stunning women that I'd ever seen.

It took about 30 seconds to muster up the courage to approach her. After a little small talk, I asked her how much. She replied $400. I was heartbroken, but I politely excused myself. Within 2 minutes, a tall, classy looking black man approached her, and (after about 30 seconds of chat) he walked away with her towards the elevators.

I'll echo what my CRT brothers have already stated. The only color that matters is the GREEN $$$$$. Just go and enjoy yourself!

Mikey B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:35 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Welcome aboard Blacksnake:

Your biggest problema is such a short trip and only a one night stay in the land of OZ (SJ).

The color of money is certainly the most important issue but a true answer to your question is the color of the person can be an issue with some "working girls." An important fact to remember, so you do not feel insulted if turned down by a girl, is in Central and South America "Culture and Class" plays a much more discriminatory role than race. There are many Ticos that will have nothing to do with Colombian women and visa versa just as there are many Nicas that won't touch a Mexican male. BTW, the Central and South Americas have a richer heritage of African influence than the the U.S. does.

You mentioned size, which could be anything, but some "working girls" are intimidated by a large male (6'-4" and 250 lvs) could be physically scary if that person was banging on her. If you are a younger man, decent looks, good hygene and dress......you will do fine and may score a non pro.

Just thank your lucky stars you are not my old man. That loser is ugly, old, bloated, vile and has a pecker that is only 2" long. Talk about being discriminated against. He would kill to be you.

Enjoy your trip amigo..............CTY

Last edited by Circus the younger on Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:20 am 

Circus the younger wrote:
... Your biggest problema is such a short trip and only a one night stay in the land of OZ (SJ)...

I completely agree with CTY. When it comes to mongering, Jaco isn't even in the same ballbark, not even the same league, as San Jose. Plus, it's hotter than hell in Jaco.

B-snake, I wouldn't worry about race. If you happen to come across one that has a problem with it, excuse yourself and turn around, you'll see about 40 others that won't.

-Orange

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:36 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Welcome BlackSnake,

I had the same feeling my first trip to SJ. It didn't take long to realize that "US Green" is the name of the game. Sure you might find one or two that will make it an issue. But one or two out of 5 zillion kittens, who cares. Enjoy your trip. Do a lot of reading on this board!

Pura Vida

Last edited by Herbf on Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:48 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Blacksnake, welcome to the board.

Once you get to the land of milk (leche) and honey you won't want to leave. You should have no problem. Treat the ladies with respect, stay in control, smile and enjoy.

I agree with my fellow mongers, Green is the thing. Remember, no cien.

Pura vida, kenj8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:59 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Just tell them you're a soccer player. About half of our national team is black. My guess is that the girls have no problem, though you may find some outliers. Cash is king.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:23 pm 

Your color really shouldn't be any problem at all but here's another possibility. Instead of Jaco, consider going to the Caribbean coast for the beach portion of your trip. The beaches are much nicer than at Jaco and the local population shares your shade so race will absolutely not be a problem. The big negative for this option is that the nightlife is not nearly as good as Jaco which itself pales in comparison to SJ, but it can be found. Just something to consider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:53 am 
You'll have no problem. With your laid back style, you'll talk with them politely and then they'll warm up to you. Talk politely and don't rush into get her to the room and if black was an issue to begin, it will fade away as you talk to her.

In Jaco, there are quite a few black girls from DR and I know one from Cuba as well.

SJ has more Chicas than Jaco, but Jaco, in my opinion, is a much better place to relax. In Jaco, you get to relax during the day and chase chicas during the night. To me, it is the perfect mix.

Check out some of my posts - I defend Jaco every chance I get and so does a few others on here.

Welcome to the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:18 am 

Their money is Green?? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:01 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
In general you will have no problems with your race. One of my good buddies, who is a CRT'er is African American. He has quite the personality and the ladies just love him. However, I do know a handful of ladies who object to African American men. One Dominican that I know of in particular. CYT's post is a good one. Relax and enjoy, you are a big fish in a small pond mi amigo.

dapanz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:03 pm 

The only race they hate is the cheap Phucker race and I am a member of that race. :D