www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:16 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Okay guys... I'm leaving on Tuesday for my first trip to CR and wanted to hear your best advice for a newbie.

Also, what's the first thing I should do after checking into my hotel? I will be staying at El Presidente and will be arriving at 12:30pm.

Do I bring cash, cashiers checks or an ATM card?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:33 pm 

pony up the $40 to join the CRT website and get the discount...you'll save that much just on your hotel bill...and, you'll be able to see all the website/vip sections and read/browse all of the good tips....I joined before coming down and saved a bundle and met some great fellow mongers and old timers....do the math...anyway, here is free tip...leave the traveler checks at home...cash, your bank card and credit card will do just fine...just don't carry more cash at a time that you can't afford to lose...keep the rest locked up in the room safe

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:39 pm 

Quote:
best advice for a newbie.

Dude, I'm not trying to be funny or a smartass... the best advise is become a VIP member and READ THE BOARD... read, read, and read some more... knowledge is power and the forum is a source of unlimited information... focuse on 'Newbie's Section' first, and go from there. Use the Search Function for specific topics you are interested in.

Quote:
Also, what's the first thing I should do after checking into my hotel? I will be staying at El Presidente and will be arriving at 12:30pm.

First thing you should do... hmm, plenty of choices here... ZB, Oasis, BM... Again, read board and see what seems more like your cup of tea... What may be a great spot for me may be a dump for you. Again, read and read some more.

Quote:
Do I bring cash, cashiers checks or an ATM card?

Cash and ATM card will work, but AGAIN(redundancy alert), read the board to learn where to exchange cash and where NOT to exchange cash, as well as what ATM's to use and what ATM's not to use...

And most important advise of all.... HAVE FUN!!

Ruffnutz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:59 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

read the newbies section

read the trip reports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:25 am 

What time do you get in? If it's afternoon, my advice is to take a walk around and get a lay of the land. Find a bank machine, pharmacy, the Del Rey(You're 100 yards from DR), take a cab up to ZB and just hang out- don't necessarily bust your first one unless you really find something that floats your boat as there will be plenty of babes early evening rolling into the DR early evening and into the night. You are allowed just to take a look and you can afford to be patient because the girls are everywhere. New Fantasy is actually a simple walk(during the day) from Presidente/DR. Check em out, get comfortable, take a good look at the women- shop. It's just fun to see what's available. Take your time and enjoy. You'll get a feel for the place by your second day. Try to watch for girls that seem too "transactional." Find a honey that makes you feel like she's into you and don't forget to negotiate some good terms and know she's going to do things they way you like. Another tip, fwiw, if you start wondering about her on the way to your room and she starts seeming a little less warm once in the room consider throwing her a tip and sending her back. My first was not much of a turnon in retrospect and I wish I'd have put the brakes on.. But hey, it was my first time.

I'm just a newbie but my memories are only a couple weeks old so I thought I'd share it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:00 am 
Try not to take $100.00 bills. Especially s/n starting with CB. They had a counterfeit problem down there and it is a pain in the ass. I carry $20.00 bills mostly. For one it gives you no excuse to pay cien (100.00) per hour. Also easier to change, etc.... Become a VIP and reap the discounts, remember at the Presidente only one chica per guest at a time so if your into 3 somes or moresomes (GetRythym & RuffNutz) you'll have to get creative.
Muhahaha

Read this thread:
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=953

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:28 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I will be arriving at about the same time in SJO. Planning on checking into hotel and going to ZB. Hang out for a while..want to get together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:36 pm 
SD,
I recommend you "get together" with the ZB kittens :D
Muhahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:51 pm 

TicaFan wrote:

Quote:
take a cab up to ZB

Quote:
New Fantasy is actually a simple walk(during the day) from Presidente/DR.

Can you tell me why you need a cab to ZB but can walk to NF from the Presidente?

As far as I know they are a block or two away from each other and ZB has a FREE shuttle.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:54 pm 

They are both on Ave 9.
ZB at Calle 3B, NF at Calle 7.