www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:13 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Hello All, I'm sure a few of you gents are married and was wondering what type of 'reasons' a newbie could use on his GF to convince her that my first ever SJ trip is not for mongering. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:40 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The obvious answer is that you're going fishing. Technically I don't think that's a lie!

A good bit of advice is that you take a day trip (Arenal, Paos, river rafting, rainforest, beach, etc.) and you bring your camera and a change or two of clothes. Take about 20 pictures, change your clothes and take about 20 more pictures. Then you can show your wife/GF how you spent your "entire" trip. On my first trip, my wife believed that I spent 6 days fishing in Quepos when I was only out there for 1 full day.

Last edited by Sandino on Mon May 09, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: lies
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:48 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

In the past, I have always told my gringa that I am going down to Texas or Miami (where ever I am flying through) for a business conference or to visit one of my old friends from college/military. I go to expedia or yahoo travel and put together a bogus itinerary, print it out (just prior to actually purchasing it) then leave the copy of the fake itinerary on the kitchen table for the nosy broad to find on her own. I have done this three times with three different gringas in the past and it has worked perfectly.

Once I am in Costa Rica, I buy those ICE calling cards for about 3000 colones for 13 minutes back to the U.S. I use them to call from my room or apartment. I either call her home phone or cell phone when I know she is at work and wont answer it, then just leave a message. I'm down there screwing young chicas and don't want to talk to her anyway. I would allways call my girlfirend when I was at the layover city (going down and comming back). That way when you do actually talk to her, you don't have to lie (you are actually in Dallas/Houston/Miami etc.

Another good trick has been to have post card stamps ready, buy a post card at the airport during your layover there and try to get it to her in the mail before your flight to CR takes off. That way she gets something post marked from the city you said you would be in...

I think you may have already screwed up by telling her that you were going to Costa Rica... Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:50 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Works for the "Michigan Boys" :lol: so I guess it could be exported to Canada. :D

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:13 pm 
Sandinista wrote:
The obvious answer is that you're going fishing. Technically I don't think that's a lie!

A good bit of advice is that you take a day trip (Arenal, Paos, river rafting, rainforest, beach, etc.) and you bring your camera and a change or two of clothes. Take about 20 pictures, change your clothes and take about 20 more pictures. Then you can show your wife/GF how you spent your "entire" trip. On my first trip, my wife believed that I spent 6 days fishing in Quepos when I was only out there for 1 full day.
thats funny :P what do you think your wife was doing when you were down in CR phucking up a storm :P pura vida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:30 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Florida,

Ah ha! So that was YOUR white ass jumping out the bedroom window when I got home from the airport. Now it all makes sense.

Something I forgot to mention, if you take a lot of photos in one day make sure the time and date function are turned off on your camara. One thing about the gringas is they're not stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:51 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I actually use the free phone in the ZB to check in at home.

Just proves I'm cheaper than I am smart.

Another option: Soccer games. World Cup pre-qualifiers, league games, etc. It really works for Brazil and Argentina, but can be adapted in CR, to some extent. I know they're rated number 36, but it's a big world!

Seems like I spend half my life drinking, gambling, and mongering. The other half... I waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:11 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Damn guys.. Now I know why I'm never getting married... I dont have to answer to anybody!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:39 am 

A great reason to travel is to actually study Spanish at one of the more than 400 Spanish language schools in Costa Rica. Schools can be found in every surfing locale, in Monteverde in the cloud forests and all over the Central Valley. Sign up for a four hour/day course; you can then return to your gringa spouting Spanish phrases, with copies of your school materials in hand. The four hour per day commitment won't really interfere with other social activities, and you won't be lying to your lady at home when you say, "Estudie' a castellano" :D

Another good reason to travel to C.R. is to do volunteer work. Your gringa will be so impressed with your altruism that she might actually blow you for a change. :lol:

And of course, fishing. However, don't tell her that you're going to fish for pink snapper. That's a dead giveaway! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:54 am 

We sensitive white males are really in a corner here...and the gringas have put us there with our permission. A Latin or Arab guy would just tell their woman "I am going out of town on business...see you in a week". In most cases the woman would not ask for details. Such was the case with most of our grandfathers also. What's happened here? Whats happened is that we are afraid of the financial impact of divorce in MOST cases. If the gringas weren't so sure of being able to hurt us financially, they wouldnt press us. It starts with setting precedent. If you were expected to call every day and report every detail on your first trip in this relationship, you will be expected to do so the balance of the relationship. So you have a choice...make up continuous elaborate lies and stories to cover up the truth...or just retain the right to your privacy and need to "go off with the boys" every once in a while without questions asked. Option 2 is always my preferred choice. Yes, I am twice divorced...but I am not changing that aspect of my life and privacy for any woman. In my opinion, most women worth anything truly want the man to be a MAN. Take the lead, lay the ground rules, and of course the most important thing is to do what it takes to make her feel loved, wanted and respected. They'll only give you shit if they feel taken for granted. If you treat them like a queen but retain your macho freedom...it is in my opinion the best balance between domestic tranquility and personal time and privacy.

If you HAVE to have a cover...in my mind the best ongoing one is to open a corporation here and do a little business. Then if you are a bad liar, you will at least be telling the truth about having biz to do in Costa Rica.

Post subject: escape
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:55 pm 

But T-man, my ball and chain lives in SJ, and I did buy a corporation-at least tried-and she knows too many of the chicas in the field. What can I do short of Dr. Mengele's plastic surgeon? Just kidding, I'd rather be with her than anyone else until she gets an atttitude, then I just tell her I have to meet with you about business crap. She probably doesn't believe me, but she lets it go. I just have to cover my ass in discreet locations and wash the perfume off prior to returning home. Discretion and dial soap are the better pert of valor.

Goetz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:18 pm 

Here's one: Duck hunting on a private game reserve near the Nicaraguan border :o .......Foxhunter unwittingly gave me this idea, thanx pal!!!