www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi all!

We’re couple of young guys heading to CR for sightseeing and of course, ladies. We appreciate this community for knowledge of course so thank you!

Just wondering how the scene is like for young (mid 20s) guys at SL and HDR with the ladies. Or even Monica’s as these are the three places we’re trying to go.

And we’re pretty diverse group with African American and Asian American in our group. Just wondering how the demographic is. Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:51 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

jpk0530 wrote:
Hi all!

We’re couple of young guys heading to CR for sightseeing and of course, ladies. We appreciate this community for knowledge of course so thank you!

Just wondering how the scene is like for young (mid 20s) guys at SL and HDR with the ladies. Or even Monica’s as these are the three places we’re trying to go.

And we’re pretty diverse group with African American and Asian American in our group. Just wondering how the demographic is. Thank you!

Young or old, the chicas like money. Period. Maybe Jason Momoa would get a discount (apparently he's all the rage based on comments I hear), but mostly they like money.*

Demographics of the chicas? They're mostly Costa Rican (Costarricenses), with a mix of Nicaraguans and Colombians and some Venezuelans. The police do pull immigration raids on the HDR looking for girls with expired visas (oh, yes, Costa Rica has immigration laws - and enforces them!).

Ethnically? Most Costarricenses are descendants of people from northern Spain (there were very few Meso-Americans in the area compared to say, Mexico so there really aren't big numbers of mestizo or even remaining indigenous peoples) but Ticos and Ticas tend to be short, with olive skinned, black hair and brown eyes but more 'European' looking Ticos and Ticas are not uncommon.

Limonese (people from Limon Province) tend to be more mixed race as that is where the densest population of Afro-Caribbeans is found, along with the Bri-Bri indigenous peoples.

So let's talk Afro-Caribbeans. Costa Rica has a very low population of Afro-Caribbeans (about 1%) but with the end of segregación racial in the 1950s** a number of Costa Ricans are biracial. Afro-Caribbeans include the English-speaking "Moskito Coast" Afro-Nicaraguans and the Limon Jamaican-descended Afro-Costarricenses.

So, you see some Afro-Caribbean chicas in the SL and the HDR, but not a lot. Monica's? I mean, that's a very small sample!

As to Asian-Costarricenses, there's a 'significant' Chinese minority (it's probably less than 1%). Barrio Chino is a 'created' Chinatown that the municipaity of San Jose created to celebrate Costa Rican / Chinese friendship when the PRC was courting Costa Rica hard (building the new National Stadium, etc.). There is a big issue with fraudulent marriages between Chinese men and Ticas (immigration fraud)

As to real "Asian" chicas in the SL or the HDR? I've heard stories. I've never seen one. Monica's? About as much chance as winning the lottery.

*Over the years, in candid moments, various chicas have told me that they think young guys think they will get something for nothing because they are young, etc.

**Until the early 1950s it was illegal for Afro-Caribbeans to live anywhere but in Limon Province. Costa Rica never really had a 'civil rights' movement because there are so few Afro-Caribbeans. Ticos tend to not give a shit about being 'politically correct' either.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:53 am 

And the chicas tend to be in their 20s.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:04 pm 

only thing i ever heard from the girls was that a young good looking guy expected to get phucked for free
and that happens no question but like MM3 said they like money
just depends on the situation and timing
if she sizes you up as a bf/fun she might want to stay w you for days without mention of money
could also end up barebacking you and stealing your seed so be careful

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:10 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

A cute Tica who is half Chinese comes into the SL now and then. I believe she goes by the name Maria Jose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:23 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey! I'm slightly older than you guys and went solo to CR last Sept. for a little over a week for the same reasons. First-mongering experience. FWIW, I'm from NYC, keep up with the trends, and possess a bit of game with the ladies.

None of you are going to care what background the girls are. A hot girl is a hot girl. My recommendation is to book a suite or two at the HDR if possible. SL is a chiller vibe and had a smaller girls selection. Both places look like they're between a Motel 6 and Holiday Inn Express. Invite a few girls up and ask if the have friends that just want to hang out and pay for their elevator cover charge. Stock up with some Fireball and Coronas from the liquor stores and have some green stuff. The mini bar fridge can get expensive and doesn't last long. Lock your shit in the room safe! Seriously. Set up a bluetooth speaker or two and have a suite party that doesn't go out of control. You'll have an easier time negotiating rates and stretching your dollar while everyone is having fun together. It'll be a change of pace for the girls from the usual wham, bam, and peace out. As mentioned, it's typically all business for the girls at the bar.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:31 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Monica's is worth the visit but don't go in a large group together bc then someone will be left with taking one for the team. The owner there is cool peoples.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:01 pm 

MM3 wrote:
jpk0530 wrote:
Hi all!

Young or old, the chicas like money. Period. Maybe Jason Momoa would get a discount (apparently he's all the rage based on comments I hear), but mostly they like money.*

Demographics of the chicas? They're mostly Costa Rican (Costarricenses), with a mix of Nicaraguans and Colombians and some Venezuelans. The police do pull immigration raids on the HDR looking for girls with expired visas (oh, yes, Costa Rica has immigration laws - and enforces them!).

Ethnically? Most Costarricenses are descendants of people from northern Spain (there were very few Meso-Americans in the area compared to say, Mexico so there really aren't big numbers of mestizo or even remaining indigenous peoples) but Ticos and Ticas tend to be short, with olive skinned, black hair and brown eyes but more 'European' looking Ticos and Ticas are not uncommon.

Limonese (people from Limon Province) tend to be more mixed race as that is where the densest population of Afro-Caribbeans is found, along with the Bri-Bri indigenous peoples.

So let's talk Afro-Caribbeans. Costa Rica has a very low population of Afro-Caribbeans (about 1%) but with the end of segregación racial in the 1950s** a number of Costa Ricans are biracial. Afro-Caribbeans include the English-speaking "Moskito Coast" Afro-Nicaraguans and the Limon Jamaican-descended Afro-Costarricenses.

So, you see some Afro-Caribbean chicas in the SL and the HDR, but not a lot. Monica's? I mean, that's a very small sample!

As to Asian-Costarricenses, there's a 'significant' Chinese minority (it's probably less than 1%). Barrio Chino is a 'created' Chinatown that the municipaity of San Jose created to celebrate Costa Rican / Chinese friendship when the PRC was courting Costa Rica hard (building the new National Stadium, etc.). There is a big issue with fraudulent marriages between Chinese men and Ticas (immigration fraud)

As to real "Asian" chicas in the SL or the HDR? I've heard stories. I've never seen one. Monica's? About as much chance as winning the lottery.

*Over the years, in candid moments, various chicas have told me that they think young guys think they will get something for nothing because they are young, etc.

**Until the early 1950s it was illegal for Afro-Caribbeans to live anywhere but in Limon Province. Costa Rica never really had a 'civil rights' movement because there are so few Afro-Caribbeans. Ticos tend to not give a shit about being 'politically correct' either.

Great, informational post MM3. A lot of interesting historical and cultural stuff I never knew. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

OneTrackMind wrote:
Invite a few girls up and ask if the have friends that just want to hang out and pay for their elevator cover charge. Stock up with some Fireball and Coronas from the liquor stores and have some green stuff. The mini bar fridge can get expensive and doesn't last long. Lock your shit in the room safe! Seriously. Set up a bluetooth speaker or two and have a suite party that doesn't go out of control. You'll have an easier time negotiating rates and stretching your dollar while everyone is having fun together. It'll be a change of pace for the girls from the usual wham, bam, and peace out.

Good idea. I never thought to do that in SJO during my visits there. I’ve done something like that in Santo Domingo, DR and Manila. I will surely give this a thought in February.