www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waterfalls!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ok guys here is the deal trying to plan this trip and get to actually see some stuff as I'll be there 3 days and with my work schedule who knows when I'll get back.

So I want to go see some real waterfalls!! Where I can do some swimming? So I got a two part question

1) How do I go about doing this and what do you boys recommend

2) Ticas?? Can I take them with me? I'd so what would cost be? Can you like rent a Tica for a day? Sorry but never done more than get a bit head and then bounced... Nevee even banged a provider and had 5-10, always just asked for the BJ..

Advice hit me up please

Seth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Waterfalls!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:04 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

As I understand it La Paz is nearish to San Jose, which I assume is your arrival airport. Don't think swimming is an option there however. Most any hotel, including CRT sponsors, can get you set up with a tour

I suggest meeting some chicas for short time play before considering a full day excursion with one. Paid company for a day, with someone you barely met... more can and will go wrong than right imho.

I know a number of exchanges here tend to objectify women but... rent a Tica?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:06 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

hotdogg wrote:
As I understand it La Paz is nearish to San Jose, which I assume is your arrival airport. Don't think swimming is an option there however. Most any hotel, including CRT sponsors, can get you set up with a tour

I suggest meeting some chicas for short time play before considering a full day excursion with one. Paid company for a day, with someone you barely met... more can and will go wrong than right imho.

Rent haha yeah I guess? I am a bit too blunt?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

SethJames23 wrote:
hotdogg wrote:

I would highly suggest you get to know a chica before bringing her with you anywhere. For my trip, the original plan was to bring a few back to the house we were staying later during the trip but we quickly changed our minds when we learned the majority of these chicas are thieves/liars.

Bringing a chica with no rapport with you to go swimming will probably end up with her running off with all your stuff while you're swimming in the waterfall lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:00 pm 

dongsnow wrote:
SethJames23 wrote:
hotdogg wrote:

I would highly suggest you get to know a chica before bringing her with you anywhere. For my trip, the original plan was to bring a few back to the house we were staying later during the trip but we quickly changed our minds when we learned the majority of these chicas are thieves/liars.

Bringing a chica with no rapport with you to go swimming will probably end up with her running off with all your stuff while you're swimming in the waterfall lol.

Yes, it is always prudent to secure valuables, but to say that the majority of "these chicas are thieves / liars" based on a single visit to Jaco - where it is well-known that the mercenary sharks congregate is painting with a broad brush.

It's also stupid to go on an extended outing with someone you don't know. You have to at least get along with the person (both directions - you and her).

I would go to La Paz for the day with Luna, for example. It would be a hoot. She's just cool to talk to. I'd go the beach for weekend with my novia or my favorita (though I'm not sure I could afford to feed Alexa, that girl has a tapeworm). I know them, I like them and they either like me or can fake it for more than an hour.

But some random chica? No.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:06 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Just throwing out a suggestion: Last year I visited Jaco for a few days with a buddy. One day we deep sea fishing, one day zip lining, and one day we did the 4 hour ATV ride. It was good time with a guide. We stopped at a waterfall/swimming hole during the ride. The ATV's were a blast, but I would have preferred to have been with a "rent a chica" at that particular moment than with my buddy. You might check out the ATV rentals in Jaco and see if this is something that would work for you. If you meet a fun girl at Cocal that you hit it off with, who knows maybe the next day she might be up for it. Prepare to pay her for her time and her ATV Trip.

Blackjackguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:38 pm 

TLC says don't go chasing waterfalls.

https://youtu.be/8WEtxJ4-sh4

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:38 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

rent a chica for a day- you need to speak spanish or find one that speaks english, going 8-12 hours with someone and not being able to communicate is not fun even with a translator program. If you do not know her well she is going to expect you to stop and buy her a few things during the trip besides food and drink.

As far as waterfalls, it is a little bit out of town but the waterfalls at arenal are good. You have hot springs if you want hot water and very cold water at the bottom of the arenal waterfall.
Do some research on pricing for the hot springs, the arenal waterfall is inside a park with a small fee to enter, the walk down is a little slick an the walk back up can be a chore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:39 pm 

Yes, there are many chicas who love to go on these little trips. But they will charge you (probably $150/day) minimum plus whatvever she eats, drinks, activities, etc.

Like others have said, it can be really fun with a cool chica or a miserable time with an annoying/irritating/whining chica. Before you invite anybody on a trip, have at least a couple of sessions with them to make sure they are normal/sane. They all have drama in them but some are just too generous with it. Avoid them.

Btw- besides the $ for their time, and feeding them, don't be taking them shopping. Don't be a sapo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:03 pm 

Take a wet suit with you as the water is friggin cold in those waterfalls. If you want to take a chica you might want to consider going to Baldi Hot Springs in Arenal area as that water is much more fun to take a dip in. You are going to have to do some interviews your first night in to try and find a girl that you get along with. Also let her know that if she acts up or you don't get along, you are going to put them on a bus and send them home.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:04 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Damm Baldi looks great but 3 hours on a bus... No thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:22 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Damm more I look at Baldi $130 for the day is dope! I could use that still would have Thursday night and if we are back by midnight things would still be open

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:41 pm 

SethJames23 wrote:
Damm Baldi looks great but 3 hours on a bus... No thanks

Exactly, with just 3 days it's difficult to justify spending all that time in transit. Even considering the scenery and all.

Hit SJ explore the city and maybe do one of the closer day tours. Consider it a test drive. I know you mentioned not knowing if/when you can get back. If you have fun... you'll probably find a way to make it happen. And then you'll have contacts to consider for excursions.

Post subject: Waterfalls!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks HotDogg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I really liked wading around in the water of the tabicon hot volcanic springs on the buss tour I took there.

They are more natural than baldi. They have volcanic soil on the bottom and some basilisk lizards as big as iguanas were on the edge of one of the ponds. They have a big club house at the bottom with a cold and hot man-made pool. AN in pool bar. A good quality buffet. Shower rooms and bathrooms and a gift shop.

However bring those totally enclosed nylon beach shoes and wear them in the water to protect your feet. By some of the mini waterfalls there are rocks on the bottom.

I guess you would have to negotiate with each girl what they would charge for a hole day. It depends how much you are willing to spend also and how big your budget is for the trip.