www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Should be about $110 from sagicor. Link from a previous poster is https://www.sagicor.cr. That is for minimum coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:25 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Should be about $110 from sagicor. Link from a previous poster is https://www.sagicor.cr. That is for minimum coverage.

$110.00 is what it quoted me. I am trying to get some clarification as to my lodging though as I have a house in Costa Rica and since I have a place to stay I know they will not pay my monthly mortgage payment. Everyone I talk to cannot seem to figure out what to do with that part of the coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:14 am 

So here is an update with anyone that has family or a part time novia living in Costa Rica. I just received this via email Per Departemento Servicio al Turistico:

"In that case you require a letter in which she confirms that in case of Covid-19, she is going to give a place to stay in her house wile you get better. She must also add her ID and a document from the rent."

So anyone that has someone living in Costa Rica that would allow you to stay with them should you get COVID, you can purchase just the other insurance required, or if you can show you have coverage thru your own healthcare, you will be waived from having the $2000.00 in lodging coverage and meet the medical coverage you will not need to buy any coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:54 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:
So here is an update with anyone that has family or a part time novia living in Costa Rica. I just received this via email Per Departemento Servicio al Turistico:

"In that case you require a letter in which she confirms that in case of Covid-19, she is going to give a place to stay in her house wile you get better. She must also add her ID and a document from the rent."

So anyone that has someone living in Costa Rica that would allow you to stay with them should you get COVID, you can purchase just the other insurance required, or if you can show you have coverage thru your own healthcare, you will be waived from having the $2000.00 in lodging coverage and meet the medical coverage you will not need to buy any coverage.

Make sure you wear your mask :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:12 pm 

Boynton wrote:

Yes I will make sure. I will hold the kool-aid but I won't drink it..... I am totally against them, but I do wear them when I have to. I do not fight about it, nor make a scene, as I know I will lose the fight, but as soon as I can take the friggin thing off its gone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
So getting down there will be challenge itself but I am more worried about getting back if I contract COVID when I am down there. Will airlines let me fly back sick (proly not)? Would my medical insurance medical-vac me out of there on a special plane so I can at least make it back into the states in time to work from home? My employer a small town has been very proactive and generous with the sick time if I should get COVID however how would they respond if I got it out of country and could not make it back in time for work? I am a relatively new employee with only limited vacation and sick. Good point is that I am just over 4 years for vesting in TMRS which will add to my state ERS so I could retire as early as 58 1/2. Is worth it to take the risk for a flight based monger trip now or wait and see how insurance & repatriation would work out? In the meantime flying to San Diego and going to TJ and/or going to MTY seems not as much a risk travel wise. MEX closes borders on occasion but not for too long and if my flight from MTY not accept me I could always get to the border and if sick but U.S. resident how could they deny my entry for humanitarian reasons?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:33 am 

Puro Party wrote:
So getting down there will be challenge itself but I am more worried about getting back if I contract COVID when I am down there. Will airlines let me fly back sick (proly not)? Would my medical insurance medical-vac me out of there on a special plane so I can at least make it back into the states in time to work from home? My employer a small town has been very proactive and generous with the sick time if I should get COVID however how would they respond if I got it out of country and could not make it back in time for work? I am a relatively new employee with only limited vacation and sick. Good point is that I am just over 4 years for vesting in TMRS which will add to my state ERS so I could retire as early as 58 1/2. Is worth it to take the risk for a flight based monger trip now or wait and see how insurance & repatriation would work out? In the meantime flying to San Diego and going to TJ and/or going to MTY seems not as much a risk travel wise. MEX closes borders on occasion but not for too long and if my flight from MTY not accept me I could always get to the border and if sick but U.S. resident how could they deny my entry for humanitarian reasons?

Perhaps another bottle of Jergens and box of Puffs is your prudent choice. Make sure you get the extra soft ones, wild man.
https://youtu.be/nD3FmNxACqM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:41 am 

Puro Party wrote:

Boy, are things that bad up there?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:32 am 

Puro Party wrote:

Only your insurance company can answer some of those questions on repatriation, etc. But remember you will have a communicable disease and I'm sure you will not be allowed to do any of those things, such as go into the terminal, travel outside of your quarantine hotel, or certainly not released from hospital if you're contagious. And airlines will certainly not let you fly if you are sick if you ever got that far as to try to check in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:41 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

If you test positive while there, CR will not let you get on a plane. That is what the $2000 insurance for a room for 14 days is there to cover. They will make you quarantine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Puro Party wrote:

sounds like you have a lot of reasons not to go and trying to convince yourself otherwise.

They are not going to allow you to fly and why they lodging insurance is required I am sure. Besides why would you fly commercially knowing you have it? that is just being selfish and not being considerate of others on the plane.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:26 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ilv4play wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Yes I will make sure. I will hold the kool-aid but I won't drink it..... I am totally against them, but I do wear them when I have to. I do not fight about it, nor make a scene, as I know I will lose the fight, but as soon as I can take the friggin thing off its gone.

I don't want to have any kind of spat, but I'm just curious why you're against masks. I understand they only protect others, not the wearer, and aren't as important as social distancing. I also understand that they don't block 100% of the potentially viral-bearing particulates that your respiration might kick out into the environment, and that different studies have reached different conclusions about exactly how effective they are.

But it's a unanimous conclusion of the studies done since COVID19 became a thing and it specifically could be studied, that masks significantly keep other people safer if you're in your pre-symptomatic stage when your viral-load is heaviest and you're most at risk of infecting others.

So I'm just baffled by what the kool-aid is and why wearing masks pisses people off. It seems like such a trivial inconvenience.

Again, I don't want to attack you or argue with you, but I'd like to understand you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:13 pm 

Bookie wrote:
Ilv4play wrote:
Boynton wrote:

I don't want to have any kind of spat, but I'm just curious why you're against masks. I understand they only protect others, not the wearer, and aren't as important as social distancing. I also understand that they don't block 100% of the potentially viral-bearing particulates that your respiration might kick out into the environment, and that different studies have reached different conclusions about exactly how effective they are.

But it's a unanimous conclusion of the studies done since COVID19 became a thing and it specifically could be studied, that masks significantly keep other people safer if you're in your pre-symptomatic stage when your viral-load is heaviest and you're most at risk of infecting others.

So I'm just baffled by what the kool-aid is and why wearing masks pisses people off. It seems like such a trivial inconvenience.

Again, I don't want to attack you or argue with you, but I'd like to understand you.

Perhaps you two could book a room and discuss it there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

bulldog10 wrote:
If you test positive while there, CR will not let you get on a plane. That is what the $2000 insurance for a room for 14 days is there to cover. They will make you quarantine.

Do you have to get a COVID-19 test to fly back to the USA? Unless you’re sick and/or at the hospital, why would you get a COVID test in CR?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:23 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

NYr wrote:

They are not going to allow you to fly and why they lodging insurance is required I am sure. Besides why would you fly commercially knowing you have it? that is just being selfish and not being considerate of others on the plane.

What hotel is going to let you stay there if you’re positive with COVID?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next