www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Things that Matter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Thanks Boynton, appreciate the post. Stay safe down there. I'm sure your ladies appreciate the financial help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 am 

Jawanker wrote:
Thanks Boynton, appreciate the post. Stay safe down there. I'm sure your ladies appreciate the financial help.

Reality check: These ladies are women driven to new lows and sometimes desperation by forces they consider beyond their control. This virus and the economic fallout just adds fuel to that fire. While they remain people deserving of human decency the same as me, our relationship continues to be transactional: monger and whore. It is as it has always been. When new providers enter the game it will not be their first choice. Existing providers will face increased competition in a smaller market. Don't expect logic or gratitude. In fact, expect the opposite. Part of "staying safe" is to bear that in mind and keep your guard up. Enjoy the hobby but don't confuse the fantasy with reality. Renter beware.

Having said that, the current situation calls for a bit more humanity. I broke one of my own rules "Sin sexo no hay paraíso 8) " to give my feverish regular the money I would normally give her. I consider it a donation, not a pre-payment. I am well aware her "appreciation" is that of the needy. Helping her also gave me a measure of comfort. It was not and will never be a change in the relationship. Perhaps something to keep in mind for those that send money in these times.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:24 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

One thing to consider, nearly 500 years ago when the Euros started exploring the Americas they brought diseases that the natives had no immunity. These diseases wiped out a major chunk of the native population they have a built in fear of foreigners and disease and don't want to experience it again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am 

Flabuck wrote:
One thing to consider, nearly 500 years ago when the Euros started exploring the Americas they brought diseases that the natives had no immunity. These diseases wiped out a major chunk of the native population they have a built in fear of foreigners and disease and don't want to experience it again.

Those of the native population basically don't exist in Costa Rica (or are at best a very small minority)...at least in the minds of the people there. They all consider themselves as having Spanish origin...or mostly Spanish in any case. So I don't think that's the cause of fear.

But people are fearing foreigners in general in this pandemic...for good reason. It is travelers that have brought the virus. Looking at stats for central and South America...the first cases are almost all tourists from Italy or Spain, or contacts with infected tourists. And now it is Americans. The outbreak in the US is by far the biggest and worst in the world...so I don't think Americans will be travelling or welcome anywhere for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:01 pm 

Americans will be welcomed, they will be bringing in the greenbacks. Costa Rica can't survive with just tourist dollars from Europe.
Costa Rica has gotten a lot of support for infrastructure programs from the Chines. The long term question will be if they allow the Chinese to continue those types of projects.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:53 pm 

china will have the hardest time quite obviously w Europe, esp Italy and Spain tying for second
i don't think any sane human being blames this on the U.S.
key word being sane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:06 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Quote:
Pops: "If you can afford to come down when this is over by all means do. The country will desperately need your money."

I will be coming down after this is done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:54 am 

LAdiablo wrote:
china will have the hardest time quite obviously w Europe, esp Italy and Spain tying for second
i don't think any sane human being blames this on the U.S.
key word being sane

It's all about the propaganda war

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:01 pm 

The official numbers are higher in the US, but the Chinese government is vastly under reporting the numbers of both infections and deaths. The number of dead is likely well over 100k there. They say only 23 infections in Beijing. Big gigantic bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:00 pm 

Haywood Jablommi wrote:
the Chinese government is vastly under reporting the numbers of both infections and deaths.

Right now I'm concerned about the cases and deaths in the US, CR, DR and CO. I'll worry about China when it's time to go to war with them.

mh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:31 pm 

Haywood Jablommi wrote:
The official numbers are higher in the US, but the Chinese government is vastly under reporting the numbers of both infections and deaths. The number of dead is likely well over 100k there. They say only 23 infections in Beijing. Big gigantic bullshit.

There are lots of international observers there... reality is they got it under control. And they are not arguing that it started there. And China has been doing a lot to help other countries. Including donating supplies to the US.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:39 pm 

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEH ... id=US%3Aen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:16 pm 

Yep, both China and Russia are vastly underreporting. In Russia's case, they are using tests that are not as sensitive as in the US and missing many of the asymptomatic cases.
In China's case, they are just flat out lying which is the norm for them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:02 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

IMHO, The Chinese Communist Party will have much to answer for in due time. The removal of Western Journalist, the disappearance of outspoken doctors, the disinformation, the fact that their reported number of cases and deaths is simply not realistic..….it could be ten times worse or more than we know there. The leader of WHO should also resign immediately for carrying the Chi Com water.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:57 am 

ticotranquilo wrote:
IMHO, The Chinese Communist Party will have much to answer for in due time. The removal of Western Journalist, the disappearance of outspoken doctors, the disinformation, the fact that their reported number of cases and deaths is simply not realistic..….it could be ten times worse or more than we know there. The leader of WHO should also resign immediately for carrying the Chi Com water.

in case you missed it the leaders of WHO are paid hacks for these communists
try to find them even mentioning Taiwan because they won't
just change the subject
should give anyone paying attention pause

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next