www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:37 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The Admin wrote:
Costa Rica has extended its entry restrictions in response to the coronavirus pandemic until June 30.
Until at least that date, Costa Rica will deny entry to tourists and non-resident foreigners, the Health Ministry announced Friday. The restriction applies to the country’s ports of entry via land, air and sea.

In addition, citizens and residents entering Costa Rica will be assigned a mandatory 14-day quarantine by Immigration Police.

https://ticotimes.net/2020/05/29/costa- ... il-june-30

So if you arrive July 10 you will need to quarantine for 14 days??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The Costa Rican Health Ministry has been following a pattern of announcing half month extensions of the travel restrictions a little more than a half month before the extension would take effect. The June 16-30 extension was announced May 29th.

My expectation is that an extension of July 1-15, if it happens, would be announced somewhere around June 12-15. Possibly the 12th because that’s a working day, Friday.

The other important question that I don’t have information on is: When they lift the travel restrictions for tourists will they require 14 days quarantine as they do now for returning citizens? I expect this answer would come in the mid June announcement.

A 14 day required quarantine would effectively be the same as the current restrictions for most of us. I have a flight booked July 9. I’m expecting to know if I will need to rebook again in about ten days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Europe is starting to open for tourists, from a site in Germany

14:45 Here's the latest from around Europe:

The first day of June has seen lockdown restrictions eased in a number of European countries, with residents from Athens to Amsterdam flocking to museums and bars for the first time in months. Many countries are eager to kick off the tourist season on Pentecost Monday, a public holiday in several European countries.

In Italy, Rome’s Colosseum has reopened to visitors, along with the Vatican museums and the Sistine chapel. Visitors will have to maintain strict social distancing and crowd control limits the amount of guests.
"We are reopening a symbol. A symbol of Rome, a symbol of Italy," said Alfonsina Russo, director of the Colosseum’s archaeological park. Tourism accounts for 13% of the Italian economy. Italy was among the first countries to put a strict lockdown in place, and has over 230,000 confirmed cases while 33,415 people have died
The Netherlands celebrated a public holiday by heading back to bars and beaches. New rules allow bars and restaurants to serve up to 30 people inside, but social distancing must be observed and no reservations are compulsory.

Concerns were raised about the risk of overcrowding at beaches as thousands went to enjoy the sun. Museums also reopened. The Netherlands has over 46,000 confirmed cases and nearly 6,000 people have died.

In the United Kingdom, social distancing restrictions were eased and some elementary school classes returned to the classroom for the first time in over two months. Health experts have cast doubt on the government’s decision to speed up the easing of the restrictions as cases continue to rise every day and the R number stays close to 1.

Greece, shortly after confirming that they will welcome summer tourists from a number of European countries, have lifted lockdown measures for hotels, campsites, public swimming pools and golf courses. Elementary school Ch*ldren also returned to the classroom.

The Mediterranean country has fared relatively well during the pandemic with less than 3,000 cases and 175 dead. However, the economy has taken a beating owing to lockdown restrictions and authorities are hoping that the economy will get a boost from the lucrative summer tourists trade.

After declaring itself the first European country to be "coronavirus-free," Montenegro opened up the border to foreign tourists on Monday. The government published a list of 131 countries, mostly with relatively low numbers of coronavirus cases, whose citizens can visit the Balkan state. Montenegro’s government said on Twitter that tourists from Western Europe began arriving straight after midnight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:12 pm 

Are tourists from the Dis-United States allowed in Europe ?

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:36 pm 

52 new cases today. Highest daily increase to date
https://ticotimes.net/2020/06/03/costa- ... y-increase

Great time to stop testing foreign truckers arriving from Nicaragua
https://qcostarica.com/foreign-truckers ... e-country/

Also dengue fever cases are up 300% over last year
https://qcostarica.com/dengue-in-the-covid-19-epidemic/

At least we have world class healthcare (ignore the 5 day old baby who tested COVID positive when his mother and close relatives tested negative)
https://qcostarica.com/five-day-old-amo ... -now-1084/

Oh and public demonstrations scheduled toda and tomorrow in front of the US Embassy and at Avenida Escazu
US Embassy Alert

What me worry

Last edited by Boynton on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:39 pm 

Boynton wrote:
52 new cases today. Highest daily increase to date
https://ticotimes.net/2020/06/03/costa- ... y-increase

Great time to stop testing foreign truckers arriving from Nicaragua
https://qcostarica.com/foreign-truckers ... e-country/

Also dengue fever cases are up 300% over last year
https://qcostarica.com/dengue-in-the-covid-19-epidemic/

At least we have world class welfare (ignore the 5 day old baby who tested COVID positive when his mother and close relatives tested negative)
https://qcostarica.com/five-day-old-amo ... -now-1084/

Oh and public demonstrations scheduled tomorrow in front of the US Embassy and at Avenida Escazu
US Embassy Alert

What me worry

Guess we won’t be seeing a lot of cop costumes at the SL Halloween party this year.
Although Six Pack Sammi looked pretty good in hers a couple of years back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Guess we won’t be seeing a lot of cop costumes at the SL Halloween party this year.
Although Six Pack Sammi looked pretty good in hers a couple of years back.

Luckily,
I am developing a mask fetish :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

CR has only processed 27,882 tests with just 1157 positive results in about a three month period. Are they expanding testing therefore showing a higher number of positive results or is the Wuhan Virus actually spreading?
They processed 564 tests on Tuesday, seems like a low number on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:53 am 

Flabuck wrote:
They processed 564 tests on Tuesday, seems like a low number on a daily basis.

That was actually a dramatic increase in daily testing. The average number of tests over the last 7 days was 362. Also, the 564 number is the TOTAL number of tests done on Tuesday which would have included re-tests of COVID patients to check for recovery.

Only about one half of one percent of the population have been tested. The last figure I saw was of only 200 sentinel tests per WEEK.

Watching the local news (Channel 11), the focus is clearly on the northern section of the country near Nicaragua. That will continue and flow south, both by community spread and from porous borders. The worst dengue outbreaks are in the southern zone. I wonder if all the focus on SARS-CoV2 has meant less mosquito control.

All that being said, I think the opening up will continue not that there are any customers. There is a big difference between easing restrictions and economic recovery. With scores of infectious Nicas flooding south, why worry about a few cases slipping through via SJO. Still, how fast will tourists return? (Note: Italy opened up without quarantine, but if a Frenchman crosses the border to buy cheap cigarettes he has trouble getting back into France, facing fines and a 14 day quarantine.)

The death rate remains low, for now, only 10 abuelos. That leaves 2990 body bags out of the COVID stock purchased in March. It will be an interesting two to four weeks.

Stay calm, as they say in Brazil, its just a little flu. Besides, we have enough old people and fatso's. If they all die, we will just make more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:20 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Maybe ????

https://qcostarica.com/tourists-must-fi ... ncDmRhBtB8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:29 pm 

Thanks so much for the updates. Tentatively flying to joder in September.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:44 pm 

Jawanker wrote:

I always prefer follar to joder, but what can you expect from a mamando gallo. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Kojo96 wrote:

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.....and a plan!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:11 am 

Boynton wrote:
Jawanker wrote:

I always prefer follar to joder, but what can you expect from a mamando gallo. :lol:

Pinche cabron! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Tootall4all wrote:
Kojo96 wrote:

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.....and a plan!!!!!

Yes. Looking at this cautiously yet optimistically, this does appear to be good news. It perhaps forebodes the opening of the borders to international visitors and hopefully elimination of the 14-day quarantine. It's probably a prerequisite to opening, but we still don't know with any certainty when reopening will actually occur. Keeping the fingers crossed...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 43  Next