www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:36 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Darren34 wrote:
CR seems pretty comparable to Tijuana. Can anyone who has been to both compare the two?

Far fewer headless corpses in the streets and shootouts between rival cartels.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:39 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

MM3 wrote:
Darren34 wrote:
CR seems pretty comparable to Tijuana. Can anyone who has been to both compare the two?

Yea I did remember accidentally kicking someone's loose head while walking a chica across the street to my room.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:13 pm 

sb_boise wrote:
MM3 wrote:
Darren34 wrote:

Yea I did remember accidentally kicking someone's loose head while walking a chica across the street to my room.

The machine gun tracers make such a pretty night time display tho!

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:08 pm 

You can hang around Gringo Gulch day and night and be relatively safe. If you hang around TJ in the daytime you are in danger. If you hang around TJ at night you will disappear and the USA will not be able to find you.

In TJ, cross the border on foot, your car will be stripped or stolen if you drive over. Go directly to the brothel, then upon completion, get back to San Diego fast, do not be there after sunset.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:45 pm 

I have never had a problem with ticos, they are non confrontational by nature even when drunk, in my experience. But some Mexican nationals and Mexican Americans act like they are your best friends and then get drunk and belligerent and become your worst enemies. It may be the machismo that is inherent in Mexican culture.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

There were several times when I was living in San Diego and doing my somewhat regular trip to TJ, that I would wonder why TJ has to be the place that's so fricken close and convenient.
Why couldn't it be C.R. or another place.. or at least a wormhole that I only know about, that goes straight to Sportsmen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:28 pm 

sb_boise wrote:
There were several times when I was living in San Diego and doing my somewhat regular trip to TJ, that I would wonder why TJ has to be the place that's so fricken close and convenient.
Why couldn't it be C.R. or another place.. or at least a wormhole that I only know about, that goes straight to Sportsmen.

I have had good times in TJ years ago without problems and have even stayed overnight a couple of times, once at the Hotel Nelson on Avenida Revolucion. But it is a matter of odds for trouble with the TJ police and the crime/scams there now.
I liked the sense of danger there, but in my later years that has less appeal and now CR is worth the hassle of the flight, just for (relative) safety and the nicer population.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:32 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Netgems wrote:
You can hang around Gringo Gulch day and night and be relatively safe. If you hang around TJ in the daytime you are in danger. If you hang around TJ at night you will disappear and the USA will not be able to find you. In TJ, cross the border on foot, your car will be stripped or stolen if you drive over. Go directly to the brothel, then upon completion, get back to San Diego fast, do not be there after sunset.

??? Have you ever been to TJ? I've been there dozens of times over the years and never had a problem. I've gone during the day, at night, stayed in hotels there, and returned in the wee hours of the morning. It's safe as long as you take taxis at night. Period. You can walk nearly anywhere in the city during the daytime. At night, you need to take taxis to the populated areas and once there, you are fine. Especially along Revelucion Ave (the touristy strip where hundreds of college K*ds populate on any given night). And in the Zona Norte, there is a 1-2 block radius that around the Hong Kong Club that is perfectly safe day or night becuase of the heavy police presence (mostly to keep those profitable businesses and their customers safe). The worst thing that has ever happened to me in TJ is that I was once forced to give a bribe to a policeman (during the height of the problem--this was widespread for a short period). Not sure why you'd want to spread false/alarming information to the board but whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:28 am 

Darren34 wrote:
Netgems wrote:
You can hang around Gringo Gulch day and night and be relatively safe. If you hang around TJ in the daytime you are in danger. If you hang around TJ at night you will disappear and the USA will not be able to find you. In TJ, cross the border on foot, your car will be stripped or stolen if you drive over. Go directly to the brothel, then upon completion, get back to San Diego fast, do not be there after sunset.

??? Have you ever been to TJ? I've been there dozens of times over the years and never had a problem. I've gone during the day, at night, stayed in hotels there, and returned in the wee hours of the morning. It's safe as long as you take taxis at night. Period. You can walk nearly anywhere in the city during the daytime. At night, you need to take taxis to the populated areas and once there, you are fine. Especially along Revelucion Ave (the touristy strip where hundreds of college K*ds populate on any given night). And in the Zona Norte, there is a 1-2 block radius that around the Hong Kong Club that is perfectly safe day or night becuase of the heavy police presence (mostly to keep those profitable businesses and their customers safe). The worst thing that has ever happened to me in TJ is that I was once forced to give a bribe to a policeman (during the height of the problem--this was widespread for a short period). Not sure why you'd want to spread false/alarming information to the board but whatever.

Yes I have been, many times, that is my opinion in a joking manner. I would not spend the night there, nor would I want to be there when its dark.

Good for you that you've had safe experiences, many have not. Because someone else has different opinions or experiences than you, it does not equate to "spreading false/alarming information"...

Not sure why you would want to get overly dramatic about this topic, but whatever... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:42 am 

Netgems wrote:
You can hang around Gringo Gulch day and night and be relatively safe. If you hang around TJ in the daytime you are in danger. If you hang around TJ at night you will disappear and the USA will not be able to find you.

In TJ, cross the border on foot, your car will be stripped or stolen if you drive over. Go directly to the brothel, then upon completion, get back to San Diego fast, do not be there after sunset.

this is all unknowlegeable blather from an uniformed poser

My wingy's and I have been to TJ many times for many years & have enjoyed our visits. We stay in hotels on Ave. Revolucion, dine in nice restaurants & drink in funky bars & get legit massages in this area. Once or twice a day & night we head to the zona & bop around to Adelitas, Hong Kong, Tropical, restaurants, sports books & have the time of our life. Sometimes we walk back to the hotel, other times we cab it. Oh, & we have sex with hot 18 yr olds from Mexico City, Guadalajara, & other Mexican locales.

to describe a visit to this place as a death wish is total & complete bullshit from someone who ought to keep his (too many) observations confined to his new hometown.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:15 am 

i back up what's being said about TJ
probably 3 years since i've been but i park and walk across, grab a cab
50 times minimum
stayed in high end hotels outside the zone and stayed in the HK cascadas, local hotels a 3 min cab ride away etc
never even had a problem unless keeping a puta for her TLN is a problem
the food is incredible and everywhere
the smell and the debauchery
walk from the alley through HK to adelitas and tropical and all the other total dive bars
if you're acting stupid and drunk walking alone at night someone gonna swat you and steal your wallet
thats pretty much anywhere
crazy thing is i hear the Mexicans in LA telling me the same shit...oh its dangerous no way wtf?
it moves faster and you have to figure it out but once you do its a shit ton of fun
and the girls are some of the hottest mix of latinas i've ever seen
anyone close is a fool not to check it out
but it is sleazy lol 8) :lol: :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:39 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I learned about TJ 15? years ago when I joined RedBook and found the International Forum. There was a link to Brockton O'Toole's TJ Guide (https://cityxguide.com/forums/topic/bro ... -jan-2007/) and I was amazed because I had been to TJ a few times in college and had no idea about the Zona Norte. I still think its a top 5 mongering destination.

Heading to TJ in 2 weeks in fact for a mini break (I miss HKC if I am away too long). Sure hope I don't get snuffed out before I get to sample a few chicas. Apparently, it's just like the movie I Am Legend after sundown!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm 

Netgems wrote:

maybe you should stick to your area of expertise, a bunch of enthralling posts on how to get separate check @ the SL :roll: lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:22 pm 

OK,

I'll stand corrected if it's safe now, I was basing my joking comment on my experiences going there in the early 90's, and the leader of our group who brought us there was always paranoid and installed fear in us.

He told us we were more at risk from the local police who can basically do what they want to you and are looking for a payoff, so we tiptoed lightly.

The place appeared pretty risky to me, and I've been all over L.A., Miami, New York, Denver and other high crime big cities and didn't feel as unsafe. It seemed all eyes were always on us, wherever we walked, so we had an uneasy feeling.

And of course, if you pull up the stats, you'll see it has a high violent crime and murder rate. When I lived in California in the early 90's we always went for the debauchery, but everyone was uneasy, and I don't get that feeling in San Jose, but it could now be much safer, I'm basing my possibly erroneous comment on my time there then.

Perhaps I exaggerated my joke, but I'm betting San Jose is way safer.

So a couple grumpy guys adroitly corrected my insolence, and one issued some admittedly comical retorts, admittedly with a degree of merit, so I'll admit when I'm possibly wrong, please send my apologies to the mayor...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 pm 

Netgems wrote:
OK,

I'll stand corrected if it's safe now, I was basing my joking comment on my experiences going there in the early 90's, and the leader of our group who brought us there was always paranoid and installed fear in us.

He told us we were more at risk from the local police who can basically do what they want to you and are looking for a payoff, so we tiptoed lightly.

The place appeared pretty risky to me, and I've been all over L.A., Miami, New York, Denver and other high crime big cities and didn't feel as unsafe. It seemed all eyes were always on us, wherever we walked, so we had an uneasy feeling.

And of course, if you pull up the stats, you'll see it has a high violent crime and murder rate. When I lived in California in the early 90's we always went for the debauchery, but everyone was uneasy, and I don't get that feeling in San Jose, but it could now be much safer, I'm basing my possibly erroneous comment on my time there then.

Perhaps I exaggerated my joke, but I'm betting San Jose is way safer.

So a couple grumpy guys adroitly corrected my insolence, and one issued some admittedly comical retorts, admittedly with a degree of merit, so I'll admit when I'm possibly wrong, please send my apologies to the mayor...

Sorry, the mayor of Tijuana has been shot, but you can view his head en la calle :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next