www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm surprised CR didn't deport him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:05 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

the only reason that makes any sense is that he's looking for a sponsor or collecting money to buy the ticket
anyone get hit up for the cubadave fund? :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:37 pm 

LAdiablo wrote:
the only reason that makes any sense is that he's looking for a sponsor or collecting money to buy the ticket

It may be worthwhile to contribute...also, they say something about a follow up, is it possible they are holding his passport and that's why he's still here. I would have headed to the airport and caught the next flight out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:10 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Is it so inconceivable someone may opt to strike back, instead of running away the moment that's possible like some sort of scared rabbit ?

He was held in jail for years under the bullshit provisions of a nonsense law made by stupid old cunts. How about stuffing a few 60 yo self-important women into a concrete cell for a few years to even it out ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:04 pm 

MirceaPopescu wrote:
How about stuffing a few 60 yo self-important women into a concrete cell for a few years to even it out ?
??????
That's against the law too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:21 pm 

Netgems wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:

It may be worthwhile to contribute...also, they say something about a follow up, is it possible they are holding his passport and that's why he's still here. I would have headed to the airport and caught the next flight out.

I'd spot him a 40 just to help him flee, never to return.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

From last I read...

"On Friday, Dave Strecker walked out of a prison in Costa Rica, a free man, acquitted by a trial court in San Jose. Judicial authorities have 15 days to appeal the court’s decision. Dave is expected to remain free, even if he must face a third trial. A resolution is expected by August 24th."

http://www.cubadave.com/dave-strecker-a ... -released/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 am 

A few of his defenders seem to miss the point, and perhaps don't know the whole history. The man was basicaly run out of the DR, and was on the verge of serious jail time there. Over the years, many, many have warned him about keeping a lower profile, and not posting pictures against chica's wishes, making money on the hobby, and bosting to all who would listen about his exploits, and posted it all on line.

Did he deserve two years in jail, no, clearlly. But the vanity and hubris of the man is epic.

Bad formula....make money off of sex tourism in a country not of your origion + brag about it online+piss off locals by violating their dignity (pictures online) +non listening to countless warnings of those who see your blind spots..

Not the first jailed or killed for such, examples in Peru, Colombia, and the PI come to mind.

oh, and best to stay far away from such folks, imho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm 

Hank Daman wrote:
the vanity and hubris of the man is epic.

Bad formula....make money off of sex tourism in a country not of your origin + brag about it online + piss off locals by violating their dignity (pictures online) + non listening to countless warnings of those who see your blind spots..

+1

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:04 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Cuba Dave sure seems to have his Haters on this forum.

As someone new to the game, I really have no firsthand knowledge of what he did. By the time I entered the Monger world, his site and all of its content was gone. So I can't fully judge.

But from all the negative I hear, he did two things. 1. Promote Mongering in CR, DR, and elsewhere. 2. Post pictures of whores without their consent on the internet.

I certainly think posting pictures of girls without their content is bad. But not worth two year in jail. Maybe worth the girls individually sueing him for damages.

But I don't think promoting Mongering is bad. In fact, I think the opposite. I think it should be promoted more. The more information the better. If some country, like Costa Rica, has some puritan laws to throw people in jail for promoting a legal activity, then screw them. The law is unjust.

I don't consider myself a Cuba Dave supporter as I have no first hand evidence of what he did. But from the stories I've heard, he seems like a first class dick. A big jerk. But not a criminal. And I see no reason for him to have been locked up other than CR politicians wanting to hide the fact that prostitution is legal in CR. And discourage its acceptance and practice.

If prostitution is legal, then there is no need to hide it in shame. And no need to throw people in jail from promoting it.

If it is a crime, aren't each of us here guilty of promoting it? And advising how to do it? Bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:50 pm 

Aug 24 has come and gone...hopefully this thing is over for CD. Having been found not guilty I hope he can just quietly get back home. Big price already paid for whatever law he was originally convicted of breaking. As for his other faults...perhaps the sentence he served for something he was not guilty of should cover all of that too...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:23 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

ositoDelNorte wrote:
If it is a crime, aren't each of us here guilty of promoting it? And advising how to do it? Bullshit.

yes, and this, amongst other reasons (elimination of the photo gallery, poor US economy etc) has contributed to the decline of CRT

Forum activity was already slowing prior to Cuba Dave's arrest, but since then it seems like guys stopped posting even more on here... i could be wrong, im sure the Admin has analytics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am 

The guy is a complete tool who brings damaging press and attention to our hobby. I met him once in Zona two and thought he was an egomaniac. He was trying to give me "advice" even though I am a veteran of CR and the hobby. I told him to go away and stop talking to me. I predict he will go right back to his old ways and not learn a damn thing from his experiences.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:52 pm 

^ similar experience
saw him sitting in SL and said "hey"
he gave me kind of smug sideways look and i said oh i've seen you pictures
it was like i turned on a robot and he said "i'm cubadave" and started in w the advice
maybe i could have learned something but i walked away w him in mid sentence
full on douche energy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I'm glad he's out. The whole thing was BS. No matter how big an asshole he is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next