www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:08 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Made the mistake of reading about Cuban Dave and now I'm worried about returning from my trip. This will be my 5th trip to CR in 9 years, but I've been mongering in other places. Usually do it once a year.

The thing is, I do everything possible to keep my trip low profile. Don't tell too many people where I'm going. Don't take pictures/videos while I'm there. Don't post on social media/blog about it. Don't get drunk while there. If I visit CRT, I do so in an incognito window so it doesn't show up on my history.

Now I'm afraid I'm going to have trouble getting back.

Am I worrying over nothing? Or should I be worried? I know I'm not breaking any laws, but that doesn't mean they can't harass me, right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Why would they?

All Customs ever asks me is how the fishing was.

4 times through Atlanta this year.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:23 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

they are more worried about drugs than anything else these days, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Just answer tourism, don't over quality, no problems, and don't do anything illegal.

Have fun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 am 

I also try to book night flights, customs is short and a breeze... 8) If you bring back coffee they want to inspect it, otherwise, be sober, be polite, be cooperative, I never had problems with dozens and dozens of returns...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 pm 

It's funny but I think every monger has at some point thought that immigration/customs will know that he's a monger and stop and sweat him. Rookie mentality. LOL

And even if they do, just tell the truth, you're not doing anything illegal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:17 am 

I was coming back a few years ago back though Miami. I had a golf bag that was a small hard plastic that looked like a fishing rod case. When I got to customs he asked if I had caught anything. I looked at him and I said I hope not and told him they were golf clubs he laughed and sent me though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:59 pm 

I only had one minor incident, when I lived there 2 years and returned home every three months for my 3 day getaway, towards the end of my 2 years the agent in Miami looked at my passport activity then looked at me and asked if I worked down there, (I did) but I viewed it as none of his business and it was a British company not reporting income to the USA, I looked at him with a poker face and said "no", nothing else, no explanation. 8) 8) 8)

I could see he was frustrated and he stared at me for a few seconds which seemed like much much longer, I continued to not comment further nor offer any explanation, if need be, I had my savings account which I could say I was living off that and enjoying staying in Costa Rica... :D :D :D

he was visibly flustered but asked nothing further, stamped the passport with force and off I went... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:47 pm 

You should encounter none of the problems Cuba Dave did if you are flying below the radar...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:15 pm 

A few years back I was coming into the U.S. from C.R. I had checked a large duffel bag containing a robotic f*cking machine and all the various tools, mounts and dildos needed. After a normal, non-invasive chat with Immigration, I found my bags and began to take them off the carousel in order to shepherd them through Customs...and the big duffel bag tore apart, dropping 16 pounds of sex machine and 27 pounds of dildos on the Customs plaza floor. :oops: :!: The officials were so busy trying not to laugh, that I skated through Customs without questions. And somewhere, there is security video of a blind guy crawling around on the floor trying to corral a dozen dildos of different shapes and sizes. They were kind enough to give me some duct tape....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:25 pm 

^ thats phucking hilarious :lol:
i think it was the dwarf who had dildos pulled out of his bag (claimed they were for BB iirc)
to the op, the truth is most of the jerks are on the way in
even though its more thorough going back i never had anything happen in 8 years other than a bottle of rum being taken by guatamala customs cause they take you off the plane and then confiscate your stuff that you purchased before boarding in CR
but you are waaaaaaaaaaaaay overthinking it
act like you've been there before because you have
looking nervous and shaky for no reason is going to make them concerned if anything would

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

El Ciego wrote:
A few years back I was coming into the U.S. from C.R. I had checked a large duffel bag containing a robotic f*cking machine and all the various tools, mounts and dildos needed. After a normal, non-invasive chat with Immigration, I found my bags and began to take them off the carousel in order to shepherd them through Customs...and the big duffel bag tore apart, dropping 16 pounds of sex machine and 27 pounds of dildos on the Customs plaza floor. :oops: :!: The officials were so busy trying not to laugh, that I skated through Customs without questions. And somewhere, there is security video of a blind guy crawling around on the floor trying to corral a dozen dildos of different shapes and sizes. They were kind enough to give me some duct tape....

Great story. Worst thing that ever happened to me was an open zipper on a carry on bag. Out dropped a few condoms on the airplane floor. Got a chuckle from a few passengers.

Pura Vida

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 pm 

Please remember, when entering the USA, you are subject to “inspection ” and it is not a “search “ which you have 4th amendment protections against. That said, be cool, and remember that you are not the droids they looking for. Did you bring back drugs, guns, or pron involving under@ge participar? Nope? Relax..... I take pics, but they go onto a postage stamp sized scan disk, hard to find and not in my lap top if they ever decided to search. Ps: I have seen folks try to bring back Cuban cigars and get caught.... not smart.... and jeopardizes your global entry privileges

"I'm not one those pathetic lietuenant colonels working a silly civilian job, working out two hours a day trying to reclaim a body they lost 20 years ago and four hours a night completing War College by correspondence in a sad attempt at colonel. Tyler Durden told us [i]'Self improvement is masturbation[/i].' My mid-life crisis is going to involve a new sports car, or the zoftig redhead with daddy issues in accounting, or better yet, racking up frequent flyer miles going to Pattaya."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:01 am 

At the current time (August, 2017) you can bring back 100 Cuban cigars, legally, into the US.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 am 

I used to get hassled quite a bit. The 1st trip the Customs woman looked at me sitting in a wheelchair and put a big red W on a card and had me sit "over there" . They smashed my Cuban knock offs and frrom then on in Dallas they gave me hell. A customs guy named SANCHEZ wearing a White uniform shirt. Shook his finger at me and cussed me and said "i don't give a goddamn that you are in a wheelchair" They then frisked the poor airport wheelchair pusher and then called a new guy over and said"i want you to watch this as we process this guy". He kept trying to get me to argue with him. He screamed "you have relatives in CR! Don't you"!. I didn't and just kept my cool. He wanted me to argue with him so he could keep me off my flight. He said i was a smuggler and he was going to bust my ass! He demanded my Dr Lic. Looked at the computer and said i was a guy with my same last name in a town next to where i lived. I just kept my cool and yes or no as needed and offered no help other than tell him i was not a smuggler and that on my 1st trip i had declared my cigars and they were on the top of my luggage and offered no more unless asked. When they let me go he screamed get him out of here! I said i need my DR Lic. and he flipped it at me. This was in 2004 irrc. After that we switched to Houston. In Houston they took me in a room with 2 gorillas standing with arms folded and had a new guy search me and he even put his finger in my mouth and searched. A total of 4 customs guys and me in a little room. I assume that with any argument they would have given me the FINGER WAVE!
After several more trips an agent told me"this is ridiculous and you need to do something about it"He said i have been told to search you so i will. Just a cursory search. I wrote Home land sec. about it and they sent me a nice letter that i put in with my passport. The very last time i was searched i had declared 48 Valiums that i purchased. The agent said you can't bring them in and i was very polite and told him that is incorrect. They called the Supervisor and he walked off awhile and then an agent showed up and gave me my Valiums and have a good trip. Two agents pushed me to my gate in my wheelchair and i could tell they sure didn't like that at all.
Since then no problems at all after 23 trips.
Be advised that if you are in a wheelchair they will look at you.

ps: Do they still allow you to bring 50 of any type medication without a USA prescription? Doesn't matter with me because i live in CR but just wondering. Thanks