www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:56 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Gentlemen,

I just received some very tough news. A CRT VIP since December of 2005 passed away last night of a heart attack. Mario retired from the US Army was a wonderful friend who felt like family here at Sportsmens Lodge. He was friendly, warm, helpful, generous and incredible with staff. I am in shock. He will be missed more than I can express.

Bill

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I am truly Heartbroken... not only did I know Muffy from CRT over the years we have played golf together in NJ and in Florida the last few years & he is TRULY one of the original good guys. If he had $1.00 he would give you half.. No Nicer more gentle man than I knew.

Condolences to his family and friends I for one will miss him dearly...

LIFE IS SIMPLY TOO PHUCKING SHORT BOYS Live each day as it is your last TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NOBODY!

RIP MUFFY you will surely be missed.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

RIP Brother

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:51 am 

Yep, we've lost another true gentleman. Mario... may you rest in peace hermano. Tonight, when I get home, I will be sure to raise a glass of Centenario XX Años in your honor. I will miss your friendship, your endearing smile and the big bear hug every time we met. My condolences go out to the entire Alfonso family.

A sad day indeed..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:57 am 

RIP Muffy..

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:40 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I will miss you Mario.....RIP.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:52 am 

I am gonna miss him. From one Mario to another, salut my friend.......

the DR

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm 

There are the "original good guys", there are the "good guys" and then there are the "REALLY GREAT GUYS" which is a very small group here in Costa Rica. And of that group Mario was the "head of the class"!!! He was a "one of a kind"!! I do not think I have ever known a nicer, more generous, tell it like it is yet respectful, and a "great friend to everyone who knew him" guy than Mario. Not only will he be severely missed by many of us guys who knew him and counted him as a friend (many of us for many years), but he will be missed by many, many of the chicas to whom he was much more than just a customer!!!!

I must add that to me, the recent lose of several friends, many younger than me, is kind of scary. But at the same time makes me wonder why they were not given more years as I have been given-in my opinion they greatly deserved more time !!!

RIP mi amigo!!!! You will be missed!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:57 pm 

This is truly a sad day for me. The last time I saw him was in March. We would meet at the back bar at the SL almost every morning and have great conversations, just like long-time friends. That is just the way he was, always cheerful and optimistic, and willing to help in any way possible. He told me he thought he had his heart condition under control. We never know when our time is up. I think he lived his life to the fullest. I hope he accomplished all the goals he had set for himself. For me, there will always be a empty seat at the SL because he is no longer there. RIP my friend.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:15 pm 

I met Muffy on my first trip to CR in 2006. Wonderful gentleman and a great guy to talk with. RIP my friend. :(

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:21 pm 

I am at a loss for words... my wife is in tears. Muffy was a good friend to both of us. We were supposed to hook-up at the Jersey Shore last month when we were in the States... sad to say, we were unable to follow through on that promise. Muff was planning to make a trip to Medellin this coming December, and we were going to help him "get oriented." He was excited about it, but it turned out to be one that he will never make.

I still remember meeting Muff at the SL on his first trip during Superbowl weekend 2006. He was at breakfast and surrounded by three beauties. That picture will always be in my mind when I thing of him. Rest in peace, dear friend. You are in our prayers.

Thanks, for putting the word out quickly, Bill...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:36 pm 

Mario was a true class individual who would bend over backwards for a friend. Met him in 2008 and got to spend some quality time with him then and over many other trips he made, bad back and all. I will miss you mi amigo.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Although I did not know him well. The little bit I did know was a truly nice and great guy. Always smiling and nice to everyone. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

RIP MARIO

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:48 pm 

One of the nicest persons I have ever met.

RIP Mario................

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 pm 

Always went out of his way....can hear him now....." Hey Chili" who you got tonight ? Looks like he touched many people in our community ....wish the best for his family