www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: beatle bar
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:53 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Location: u believe i am a newbie & i got a bridge to sell ya
so i stopped in 1 afternoon before i left town ~ was a gringo inside working like a nico who apologized profusely & promised when they opened back up they would NEVER charge me a cover ~ just about 2 weeks ago ~ wonder if we can get an eye witness to provide an update as to when the grand re-opening will be ~ always enjoy having options......

Post subject: Re: beatle bar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Went by the Beatle Bar on Sunday and I can confirm there was a lot of work being done on the inside. Didn't look anywhere close to being ready to open. From the mess I saw, I'd estimate a minimum of 2-3 weeks to get the remodel finished but then again, I'm no construction guy... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:20 am 

That could be 2-3 months in Tico time. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:53 am 

PacoLoco wrote:
That could be 2-3 months in Tico time. :D

Puravidatransport wrote:
Went by the Beatle Bar on Sunday and I can confirm there was a lot of work being done on the inside. Didn't look anywhere close to being ready to open. From the mess I saw, I'd estimate a minimum of 2-3 weeks to get the remodel finished but then again, I'm no construction guy... :lol:

Beatle Bar opened yesterday to a full house

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm 

Drove by today and looked like it still needed some more work but glad to hear it is open...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:50 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

It opened last Thursday and had good crowds on day 1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Que chiva mae

Cigar smoking doesn’t reduce us, it elevates us; It makes us more content to be alone, or it helps us to enjoy our companions. It encourages us to dwell on the simple moments and celebrate the sublime.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:28 am 

Mcgee wrote:
It opened last Thursday and had good crowds on day 1.

Good - just as competition (from the Cocal) closed up the previous incarnation of the Beatle bar, having a viable competitor will keep the Cocal on track.

In season, at least, there should be business for both - and for customers, more options is never a bad thing. The "old" Beatle bar was a rippoff - charging, what, a $14 cover :?: :!: :?:

I wish them the best.

I've been accused of Jaco bashing, but that's way too harsh - and way too simple. While its not a place I'd recommend for mongering vs San Jose, its a beach and a unique town within easy distance of SJ - it also has the infrastructure for P4P that most other places in Costa Rica do not - at least at night.

(And on this board, if you give an opinion, even if backed up by facts and cogent writing, if it conflicts with the opinion of another member, you are accused of negativity - but I guess that's just the way of the world as far as message boards go)

I go to Jaco every Jan with a group to fish - some of the same guys for over 15 years

There are far better beaches (although none closer to San Jose, which in large part explaines a good deal about Jaco's popularity)

The new road is excellent, and allows the trip in about an hour and a half, although some have reported 45 min's (regardless, its much shorter and far safer than the previous route)

Jaco is hot, and humid - and they have had issues with water quality

I think the hotels are expensive (my opinion - in this regard, I don't care what yours is :lol: )

I think food tends to be on the high side - which is ironic - a few years ago there was a place - right on the main drag - called Pacific Time - one of the best places I have ever eaten anywhere - in my life - sadly, its closed.

P4P in Jaco reminds me a lot of the Delrey - you have plenty of girls - especially at the Cocal, and it would seem, the newly opened Beatle Bar - all holding out for $100plus - you also have a combination of new guys missing a clue, and guys chartering boats at Los Suenos for big bucks that don't seem to care if they pay $200 for something that should cost $60. (not EVERYONE, of course - but enough to color the equasion :roll: )

Also, there are no MP's as of this writing - so while you can look around some of the Hotel's pools for daytime action, its hit and miss - again another reason they hold out for - and often get - the dreaded cien :lol:

I avoid the HDR in San Jose and tend to do the same at the Cocal in Jaco - in fairness, some of the group I travel with, who have never expended their horizons much past the Delrey and Key Largo in SJ, love the place .

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:53 pm 

"I think food tends to be on the high side - which is ironic - a few years ago there was a place - right on the main drag - called Pacific Time - one of the best places I have ever eaten anywhere - in my life - sadly, its closed."

Scuba-you sure that it wasn't named "Pacific Bistro", right next to Sunrise
Chef was from New Hampshire/ Vermont

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:17 pm 

Tend to agree with Scuba on most of what he says however, the incredible quality in Jaco far outweighs the negatives IMHO. And the reason they (mostly) stick to cien is they are (almost) all hot enough to get it just like the hottest girls in the Del Rey.

For example, I am in Del Rey one night and the hottest girl in there was a hard 9. Also only saw about 4-5 in over an hour hanging out I'd have liked. A few nights later (Saturday in Jaco vs. Thursday in Del Rey) that same girl I thought was top dog in Del Rey that night was at Cocal and she wasn't even in my top 10. Also saw around 15-20 I'd have liked.

My advice for what it is worth...If you are the kind of guy that likes a girl after (or before) breakfast, one after lunch then another later, definitely go to San Jose. If you like to do other stuff like zip lines, ATVs, horseback riding, swimming, surfing, fishing, hanging out on the beach, a crocodile tour or any of the multitude of other activities Jaco offers during the day that San Jose doesn't and want one (high quality) girl that evening then Jaco is for you.