www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruta 32 Drive-In Hotel
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:24 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I had heard many good things about this place, especially from Pops, and had the chance to try it out yesterday.

Friday 12:30 PM the place was more than 80 % full !! go figure. Lots of locals needing a siesta.
You drive around until you find a garage door open and drive in. Then you press the button to close it and voila !
Never see a clerk , all transactions are handled through a private window. $40, I think for 8 hours, plus a comprehensive Room service menu , beers were a mil and half ($ 3.00), sandwiches about $4.50 ,. Of course you can bring your own.

Big king bed, big bathroom with good hot water and pressure, jacuzzi, tv, and music. I heard they have some dirty flix on the tv, but didn't experience that. The room was bright and airy.

One of my favs was coming from guadalupe and i am staying past pavas. this was a good compromise location.
I suppose there is no hot water at her house because she enjoyed the steaming hot jacuzzi, and the room service.
A great way to spend 4 hours on a friday afternoon in CR.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:05 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If you have transportation it is a great place to go. I guess you could take a taxi, but having a car is the way to go for a visit.

Here is a link to some pics I posted on another thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46476&hilit=hotel+de+paso&start=15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:32 pm 

I have never taken a taxi there but I heard some taxis will try to charge extra to just bring you there and pick you up. I heard somebody say $10 a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I took a cab a couple of months ago and there was no upcharge from the cabby. I will say though, it's just not the same as having your own car. There's just something about driving into the garage and making out with your chica in the car like you are back in highschool before walking up the stairs to your room... nice place with reasonably priced food and drinks. having your own car makes the experience just that much better IMHO :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:05 pm 

And you do not need to worry about security judging you as you take the inflatable dolls into the room either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:28 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The place is a gold mine. The rooms turn over two or three times every day at $40 a session. There are over 80 rooms in the place. At times at night you have to wait for somebody to leave and for them to get the room cleaned back up. Get the phone number for taxi services from your hotel then have the girl you are with call them and have them send a taxi when you get through. There shouldn't be extra charges done this way. Just remember the room number of the unit you are in.