www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JetBlue, the new Spirit
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:57 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

JetBlue used to be such a good airline. It used to be if their fare went down after buying a ticket, they would issue a credit (to be used towards future expenses) for the difference if you called and asked for it. Now, if it is more than 14 after purchasing the ticket, they charge $70 for giving you that credit. They just continue to push me towards other airlines!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:24 pm 

GoodDayJohn wrote:
JetBlue used to be such a good airline. It used to be if their fare went down after buying a ticket, they would issue a credit (to be used towards future expenses) for the difference if you called and asked for it. Now, if it is more than 14 after purchasing the ticket, they charge $70 for giving you that credit. They just continue to push me towards other airlines!

At least with Spirit, you know up front that every service is charged for. I just booked FLL to MDE for $160 RT, and FLL to SJO for $128 RT in December, because of a one-day promotion they ran.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:23 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

But John remember its nonstop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:24 pm 

JB has a loooooooong way to go before they are anywhere near as bad as Spirit. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:57 pm 

Orange wrote:
JB has a loooooooong way to go before they are anywhere near as bad as Spirit. :lol:

How many times have you flown on each in the past two years? Actually, it was about a year ago when JetBlue started imitating Spirit. My experience has been that Spirit's flight crews are now better than JetBlue's.

The reasons for me to fly JetBlue are dwindling. If Spirit puts those new narrow seats on their long-haul flights, I will abandon Spirit. If I have to pay an extra $200 dollars for a better overall experience, so be it. As a country music song says "I ain't never seen no hearse pulling a U-Haul".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:45 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

GoodDayJohn wrote:
If I have to pay an extra $200 dollars for a better overall experience, so be it. As a country music song says "I ain't never seen no hearse pulling a U-Haul".

Ain't that the truth! I only have one life to live and I'm gonna live it well! :D

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:21 pm 

GoodDayJohn wrote:
Orange wrote:

How many times have you flown on each in the past two years? Actually, it was about a year ago when JetBlue started imitating Spirit. My experience has been that Spirit's flight crews are now better than JetBlue's.

The reasons for me to fly JetBlue are dwindling. If Spirit puts those new narrow seats on their long-haul flights, I will abandon Spirit. If I have to pay an extra $200 dollars for a better overall experience, so be it. As a country music song says "I ain't never seen no hearse pulling a U-Haul".

I think we need the Cien Club to chime in on this one. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:41 am 

Unbelievable! What a POS airline Spirit is...never flown them, but I've heard stories like this before. Hope the money their customers are saving, if any, makes up for this level of disservice :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

GoodDayJohn wrote:
Orange wrote:
"I ain't never seen no hearse pulling a U-Haul".

It took me a few seconds to figure that out (too early in the morning) but when I did I loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:28 am 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
GoodDayJohn wrote:
Orange wrote:

I think we need the Cien Club to chime in on this one. :mrgreen:

we only fly big boy carriers :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:58 am 

Bep7662 wrote:
Just flew rt tpa to sjo, Spirit, using points. Still ran me $70 for checked bag, $154 for Big Front seats. 3 of the 4 legs were delayed with gate changes and my bag went missing for 8 days, just got it delivered to my house today. Don't know how but my clothes inside my bag were soaking wet. Nothing was missing and I had no liquids inside. Big Front still puts you in boarding group 2 since I didn't pay extra for a carry on, and my small carry on had to be put above row 8, since we can not put small bags under our seats. I asked the attendants since I paid $65 for BF how was I going to get my bag so I could get off the flight first. They said they would make an announcement when we landed for me and another passenger that was in the same dilemma, that we could grab our bags 1st before de-planing. Halfway into the flight I saw the attendants constantly going into the bags above row 1, where we were sitting, and grabbing food. All the attendants used our overhead for their personal bags!! After we caught them they finally moved their bags to row 8 and brought ours above us. WTF. When we got to immigration in FL it was a disaster. More than 20 people did not get their checked bags. Talk about some pissed off people that bought duty free alcohol and had no checked bag to put their booze into for their connecting flight. Security got drunk for free that night. Spirit claimed that the flight was over weight and several bags were left at sjo. They were asking for volunteers when we checked our bags but they figured they don't lose money leaving bags behind instead of our fat asses, paying for hotels and a free rt ticket. On one good thing about Spirit tho that I must admit is having their credit card. Your own line at the ticket counter and when we got to security on our way out, show your card in the far right lane and they stamp your boarding pass with Fast Track. Your own lane thru security.

PARAGRAPHS !!!

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.