www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HOTEL SAFE PROTECTION
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Reviewed a few posts and had been thinking of renewing my dues. After reading the problem with hotel safes I decided to go ahead so I could pass along this information. I haven't reviewed a lot of posts, so if this has already been covered so be it. Anyway, I investigated some time ago how to secure a hotel safe and found a product. I hesitate to list it because I do not have one and haven't tried it. Besides, I know there is a prohibition against promoting products. However, I think passing along information on how to hopefully protect yourself from having money or cards taken from a hotel safe out weighs any of these issues.

The only product I located is the Milockie Hotel Safe. Sorry but haven't figured out how this posting system works so can't post a link. There is a YouTube video that shows how it works and it can be found via Google.

Again, I can't vouch for this but do intend to pick one up myself. Somethings better than nothing.

Last edited by Giddyup on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Been coming to HDR for 10 years and never had a problem with their in room safes, I also bring a tsa lock for my bag for lessor value items, I heard other good hotels have never had safe problems like SL.

I don't bring a fortune and often use an atm a couple days into my stay, the overseas transaction costs are not much, I use the one at HDR lobby and never a problem there either. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:36 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Giddyup wrote:
Reviewed a few posts and had been thinking of renewing my dues. After reading the problem with hotel safes I decided to go ahead so I could pass along this information. I haven't reviewed a lot of posts, so if this has already been covered so be it. Anyway, I investigated some time ago how to secure a hotel safe and found a product. I hesitate to list it because I do not have one and haven't tried it. Besides, I know there is a prohibition against promoting products. However, I think passing along information on how to hopefully protect yourself from having money or cards taken from a hotel safe out ways any of these issues.

The only product I located is the Milockie Hotel Safe. Sorry but haven't figured out how this posting system works so can't post a link. There is a YouTube video that shows how it works and it can be found via Google.

Again, I can't vouch for this but do intend to pick one up myself. Somethings better than nothing.

I have a Milockie Hotel Safe Lock[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/ty7a8y6e.jpg[/IMG]

I'm satisfy with it. It isn't 100% fool proof. A determine thief with tools can break the lock but the majority of hotel safe theft are committed by hotel staffers like this guy
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WieR-6W1UE
who slip in your room unnoticed and quietly to take a few of the top so that you won't notice anything missing. Milockie Lock Safe makes it difficult for that type of theft.
Here's a video of Milockie http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPNjvJdaSLs
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Been coming to HDR for 10 years and never had a problem with their in room safes, I also bring a tsa lock for my bag for lessor value items, I heard other good hotels have never had safe problems like SL.

I don't bring a fortune and often use an atm a couple days into my stay, the overseas transaction costs are not much, I use the one at HDR lobby and never a problem there either. :|

While I don't personally agree with your choice of hotels :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I mean please - it has such a YUCK factor, especially for an experienced guy like you <on this I'm 100% serious> - between the "Wan drin' for me baby" stupid cunts, to the dumb newbi's, to the chicks starting with the $100 nonsense, to the hardest of hardcore who make it their headquarters, to the rooms which have not been redecorated since Jimmy Carter was in the White House.........Do I need to go on?). The place is just so fenster, to quote the late Neil Rogers.

While I am busting your balls a little, b/c guys with your experience tend not to stay at the HDR, I do agree with your other points.

Overall - and no, not every time - the girls brought to the room are to blame, b/c someone either leaves money out, or a safe open; or does something dumb - the girls are not experienced safe crackers :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Glad you mentioned this issue. I too looked at this safe strap but found on youtube a way to esily defeat it via razor blade. Likewise there are at least 5 other ways of getting into on of these safes, all on youtube. I don't have an answer to the problem as many times the safe isn't even bolted down or is held by 1/4in long screw. Someone could just put the whole thing in an suitcase and walk out.

You can bet the before a dishonest hotel employee(usually the case) ever goes into the room they will already know how to defeat it and be in/out in 3min or less. Thinking about putting passport w/100's that I have taken photos of, sealing it in an envelope and seeing if the hotel will keep it in their safe. What I do now is pay the hotel bill upon arrival and only have chica/gorc money to protect which I split up so if I do get robbed or someone goes into the room they won't get it all.

Think it really boils down to the honesty of the staff and every hotel get a dishonest employee from time to time-which means pure luck. As my trips are only 4 nites so I don't bring all that much but for longer trips don't know. I've used atm's before but they are subject to keeping your card w/o giving money just when a person need it the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I never saw the issue as girls taking money from your wallet that you may leave hanging on an unsecured hanger. That's the guy's own f..ing fault. You create that attractive nuisance, so you bear the cost and responsibility for it. The girls are going to do what they are going to do and all of us have to be responsible for our own security if we choose to play in their playground.

The issue I see is more the hotel staff or someone who gains access to your room with a quick in and out grab at your in-room safe. I think all that can be done is to slow them down enough that it costs them too much time and they move on. Like I said, the product I mention isn't perfect. In the reviews on Amazon a guy switched out the strap with a pacsafe camera strap because it has metal threading to prevent cutting. If nothing else, if someone destroys the strap you at least have one more losing argument to use with hotel management.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm 

Taken from the "Urban Dictionary"

fenster

a. German word for window.

b. Also used to describe someone/something who is obviously sleazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 pm 

Scuba1 wrote:
Netgems wrote:

(I mean please - it has such a YUCK factor, especially for an experienced guy like you <on this I'm 100% serious> - between the "Wan drin' for me baby" stupid cunts, to the dumb newbi's, to the chicks starting with the $100 nonsense, to the hardest of hardcore who make it their headquarters, to the rooms which have not been redecorated since Jimmy Carter was in the White House.........Do I need to go on?). The place is just so fenster, to quote the late Neil Rogers.

While I am busting your balls a little, b/c guys with your experience tend not to stay at the HDR, I do agree with your other points.

Scuba ... as you said, he's got the experience to "know better". And as he "prefers" to stay there, then maybe he is drawn to the exact same things that he "knows better" about. TEHO. Netgems knows exactly what he is doing. No pity, no critique.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 pm 

Scuba1 wrote:
Netgems wrote:

Overall - and no, not every time - the girls brought to the room are to blame, b/c someone either leaves money out, or a safe open; or does something dumb - the girls are not experienced safe crackers :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are many reasons not to stay at HDR, it can be loud at night, thugs abound and hassle in the doorways, the atmosphere is cold and impersonal :cry: as a large place vs the smaller boutique hotels, I understand this. However....The rooms, while not elegant, are clean and large, good bathrooms, wifi, tv, safe and a/c. Cleaning staff and maintenance staff are quick and excellent. If someone is from a rural or suburban background or just plain doesn't like being pawed and catcalled at by undesirable chicas, the Fellini "city of women" atmosphere can be tiring. :evil:

That being said....As an experienced monger and a city dweller, these things don't bother me, they fade into the background. I'm a math, finance and statistics person. The HDR offers the most chicas 24/7 than anywhere else, anytime. I'm here for one reason, find the best tang I can from the largest number of choices. I have over the years of trial and error (many more errors than I care to admit to) I have developed an excellent technique of wading thru the BS and finding excellent GFE providers. :wink:

In spite of the rumors to the contrary, they are there and they are findable, you have to be patient and you will be rewarded. I almost always blow off the ones approaching me and walk about analyzing the options and make my move on what I think I like. I've often "interviewed" numerous ones in one night before deciding on a good catch. In a crazy way, that's a lot of fun for me. :? :shock: I also hate running around at night so I like having the largest selection available and I'm lazy, I like to find my hottie and take the elevator up and not be running the streets at night, that's just my preference. :|

I'll typically head to Scores, Zona or Paseo Colon (Haven't been to Relax yet, maybe next trip) and score afternoon tang, then return for night stalking, on a rare occasion I'll go to SL or Key Largo in the eve, I find it's basically the same girls, many of them move about. I've heard guys discuss the SL girls vs the HDR girls, I see the same ones at both, so that's a fantasy. :lol: :P

The last several trips I babysit 83 year old "Grandpa" and he doesn't care to go out at night either, plus he loves it there, if nothing else but the "viewing" of all the hotties walking about. he's got more monger experience (mongering since the 50's !!!) than many of us together and always gets good service as well !!! :mrgreen:

Last trip I discovered 2 magnificent incredible hotties there, 10's in my book, maybe 8's in someone else's but I got incredible GFE from both, one I had 2 hour sessions with and the other an hour and 1/2 and didn't even ask ! I also have two old favorites, one I know for 10 years !!! The other 5 years, both I discovered at HDR, both gave me 3 hour sessions this trip!!!

I confess to paying them all "cien" but I unquestionably got more than my money's worth. I also picked an old fave at 630 am (Where else can you find poon at 6:30 am ???) Vanessa (see in the archive pics) the day I left before packing and for $50, received an award winning bbbj to relax me on my flight home... :D :D

Ever monger is different, I can understand why some prefer the nicer La Amistads, Dunn Inns, SL's Scores, etc, classier places, quieter, nice small selection of chicas, more fun personal atmospheres, but I'm a belly in the beast kinda guy, during my "yout" when I went to rock concerts, I was always one of the guys who fought his way up to the front...so I guess it's in my blood. I obviously am not the only one, I always meet fellow mongers, many who have never heard of CRT who also have been coming for years, good pros who also score GFE hotties and keep coming back. 8) 8) 8)

I always say unless the negative issues are too much for some people, a new monger should stay there first visit for the incredible visual in your face mind blowing experience, then review the others to see if they want the more pleasant atmosphere, low key, friendlier quieter neighborhoods or if they, like me, prefer to be on the front lines !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hahaha, Neil Rogers....I'll bet 95% of CRT members have no idea who you're talking about. I used to occasionally call in his show back in the late 80's I think it was, what a character, but he was hilarious. Doubt if he would like the HDR, he might be a customer for the trannies in Morazon... Remember "the bird" on his show with the annoying cackle? That brings back memories.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:30 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Scuba1 wrote:
Netgems wrote:

There are many reasons not to stay at HDR, it can be loud at night, thugs abound and hassle in the doorways, the atmosphere is cold and impersonal :cry: as a large place vs the smaller boutique hotels, I understand this. However....The rooms, while not elegant, are clean and large, good bathrooms, wifi, tv, safe and a/c. Cleaning staff and maintenance staff are quick and excellent. If someone is from a rural or suburban background or just plain doesn't like being pawed and catcalled at by undesirable chicas, the Fellini "city of women" atmosphere can be tiring. :evil:

That being said....As an experienced monger and a city dweller, these things don't bother me, they fade into the background. I'm a math, finance and statistics person. The HDR offers the most chicas 24/7 than anywhere else, anytime. I'm here for one reason, find the best tang I can from the largest number of choices. I have over the years of trial and error (many more errors than I care to admit to) I have developed an excellent technique of wading thru the BS and finding excellent GFE providers. :wink:

In spite of the rumors to the contrary, they are there and they are findable, you have to be patient and you will be rewarded. I almost always blow off the ones approaching me and walk about analyzing the options and make my move on what I think I like. I've often "interviewed" numerous ones in one night before deciding on a good catch. In a crazy way, that's a lot of fun for me. :? :shock: I also hate running around at night so I like having the largest selection available and I'm lazy, I like to find my hottie and take the elevator up and not be running the streets at night, that's just my preference. :|

I'll typically head to Scores, Zona or Paseo Colon (Haven't been to Relax yet, maybe next trip) and score afternoon tang, then return for night stalking, on a rare occasion I'll go to SL or Key Largo in the eve, I find it's basically the same girls, many of them move about. I've heard guys discuss the SL girls vs the HDR girls, I see the same ones at both, so that's a fantasy. :lol: :P

The last several trips I babysit 83 year old "Grandpa" and he doesn't care to go out at night either, plus he loves it there, if nothing else but the "viewing" of all the hotties walking about. he's got more monger experience (mongering since the 50's !!!) than many of us together and always gets good service as well !!! :mrgreen:

Last trip I discovered 2 magnificent incredible hotties there, 10's in my book, maybe 8's in someone else's but I got incredible GFE from both, one I had 2 hour sessions with and the other an hour and 1/2 and didn't even ask ! I also have two old favorites, one I know for 10 years !!! The other 5 years, both I discovered at HDR, both gave me 3 hour sessions this trip!!!

I confess to paying them all "cien" but I unquestionably got more than my money's worth. I also picked an old fave at 630 am (Where else can you find poon at 6:30 am ???) Vanessa (see in the archive pics) the day I left before packing and for $50, received an award winning bbbj to relax me on my flight home... :D :D

Ever monger is different, I can understand why some prefer the nicer La Amistads, Dunn Inns, SL's Scores, etc, classier places, quieter, nice small selection of chicas, more fun personal atmospheres, but I'm a belly in the beast kinda guy, during my "yout" when I went to rock concerts, I was always one of the guys who fought his way up to the front...so I guess it's in my blood. I obviously am not the only one, I always meet fellow mongers, many who have never heard of CRT who also have been coming for years, good pros who also score GFE hotties and keep coming back. 8) 8) 8)

I always say unless the negative issues are too much for some people, a new monger should stay there first visit for the incredible visual in your face mind blowing experience, then review the others to see if they want the more pleasant atmosphere, low key, friendlier quieter neighborhoods or if they, like me, prefer to be on the front lines !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hahaha, Neil Rogers....I'll bet 95% of CRT members have no idea who you're talking about. I used to occasionally call in his show back in the late 80's I think it was, what a character, but he was hilarious. Doubt if he would like the HDR, he might be a customer for the trannies in Morazon... Remember "the bird" on his show with the annoying cackle? That brings back memories.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I knew there would be something in your long post (who do you think you are - ME???? :wink: :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: ) that we could agree on - :shock: :wink: :P :lol:

Y :lol: es you are probably correct; unless you are from S FL - or possibly Tampa - you might not know who Neil Rogers was - And yes, I do remember the Bird - I would have loved to chop off his head - what an annoying asshole - he too is deceased - Neil was 100% gay - don't think the trannies would have held any attraction; more of a Puchos type of guy :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:10 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I remember the days when WIOD 610am in Miami ran the Neil Rogers and Phil Hendrie Shows back to back in afternoon. That was some entertaining radio, especially when compared to what is on now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:04 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
I remember the days when WIOD 610am in Miami ran the Neil Rogers and Phil Hendrie Shows back to back in afternoon. That was some entertaining radio, especially when compared to what is on now.

+10000000000000 :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:11 pm 

Flabuck:

I think the Bridge Tender has posted on CRT!! YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Scuba1 wrote:

fenster

Always makes me think of Benicio Del Toro from "The Usual Suspects" when I hear the word "Fenster". His character was kinda sleazy though...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 pm 

Fieldtech wrote:
Scuba1 wrote:

fenster

Always makes me think of Benicio Del Toro from "The Usual Suspects" when I hear the word "Fenster". His character was kinda sleazy though...

if any of you guys knew Neil Rogers, you would appreciate the irony of HIM calling any one else 'fenster"... :P :P :P