www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I've always wanted to try the bus but was never adventureous enough. This past trip a few weeks ago, I had extra time (or thought that I did), had a 10:40am flight home, so I took a taxi from my hotel in the gulch to the bus station. Then took the DIRECTO bus (I didn't know you have to request airport stop). Luckily I asked the driver if he stops at the airport, and I had a carry-on, so he knew I needed to stop.

Anyway, left my hotel at 8am. Got to the bus stop around 8:20. it was quick getting to the airport once out of the city, almost no traffic at 8:30am going out of SJ, so I got dropped off in front of the airport around 9am, and made it to the counter about 9:10. The Phucker asked his colleague what time it was and I just made it (even though I had a boarding pass in hand and no checked baggage--checked in online day before... WTF? 90 minutes and almost was not allowed on.)

So total travel time door to door about 1:10. Total cost was $3.

Would I do it again? Yes, but only if I had a small carry-on. I had a regular 20" roller carry-on and the aisle is too narrow so I had to carry it over people's heads. It reminded me of the scene from the movie "Airplane" (LINK) where the stewardess carries a guitar and smacks each person in the head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TIP: SIT CLOSE TO THE FRONT DOOR IF YOU HAVE A CARRY-ON.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Alajuela bus is the aeropuerto bus...so directo means non stop to Alajuela..if you don't get the directo, it will stop at a lot of stops on the way, and again you might be the only person going to the airport, so you can tell the driver to stop at the airport when you pay or remind him on the journey..sometimes there is no need,,,