www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Castillo question.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:36 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I reserved room #14 @ Castillo has anyone stayed in this room?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I dont think I have stayed in # 14 but im sure i have stayed next to it or above before. Only thing that to me seems to be a minor problem on any level of the hotel is the clicking of heels when the girls are coming and going early morning. I think that is pretty much the same at all hotels in SJ. LOL. If you are on the first floor you might get a little partying at the Ranch Bar out back but it shuts down early. Other than those two things you can't really make a bad choice on any of the rooms at Castillo considering the great prices for CRT membas! Darren will make you feel right at home. Martha is the greatest!

25 + 25 = 50
:shock:

Post subject: Re: Castillo question.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:35 pm 

50 done said it all

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm 

Redman you know how we do it at the Castle. We are a tight knit group of motley charactas! I dont know if you know it or not Red , but they were even letting a few chicas hang at da back bar back in January. A newer and livlier Ranch Bar. Chiky was serving the poison up to the drinkas back in January.

Tried Balmoral Hotel (once for two nights) $15 chica fee and very un chica friendly! Barcelo Rincon De Valle $20 chica fee (twice) too costly for what was provided and too far from da action!

Seen Clarion, Morazon, Holiday Inn, Dunn Inn, Amistad, Don Carlos, Vesuvios, Sportsmans Lodge, Del Rey Hotel, and various otha hoteles in San Jose. They all sucked in some way in comparison to Castillo.

Built in the early 1900's like 1902 to 1910. They was some rich biaches they owned the place before it was a hotel.

rumor has it that one of the daughter died a gastly deaf in da house and her spirit sometimes appears in the two rooms in da roof numba 11 and numba 12.

A sweet Colombiana introduced me to Castillo in 2006 and It is my second home now. I dont think I would stay anywheres else dawg!

49 +1 + 50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm 

I love the rooms at the top of the old section (14 & 15?). One of those gets a little hot during the daytime, but there is a window A/C unit to keep things cool. I'm on the Castillo bandwagon with "50"... :lol:

Pura Vida...enjoying life to the fullest...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm 

Sounds good to me. I got upgraded to rm #8. I think I made the right choice. Ill be sure to roll by SL and Dunn just to check it out. I have a feeling ill be back soon and thats before ive even been there! well see. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm 

CRluvr421 wrote:
Sounds good to me. I got upgraded to rm #8. I think I made the right choice. Ill be sure to roll by SL and Dunn just to check it out. I have a feeling ill be back soon and thats before ive even been there! well see. :D

Room #8 is nice... it has a small alcove overlooking the gardens of the restaurant, and has excellent wi-fi reception. It's over the billiards room which is a distraction to some.

Pura Vida...enjoying life to the fullest...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 pm 

yeah I agree about the 2 rooms at the top...if you can get one of them , you will be glad you did ....very cool !!!old school and have had good luck with the girls I have had in that room....got it for 50 a night (uscash) The other rooms I have stayed in there ....I didnt really care for !!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 am 

Thanks for the heads up on the pool tables.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:34 pm 

Room # 23 was nice because there was a microwave, a small toaster oven, and a sink to wash da dishes!
A refrigerator.
Overlooking da Zoo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm 

Chilimike wrote:
yeah I agree about the 2 rooms at the top...if you can get one of them , you will be glad you did ....very cool !!!old school and have had good luck with the girls I have had in that room....got it for 50 a night (uscash) The other rooms I have stayed in there ....I didnt really care for !!!

I stayed in room#5 one night and bathroom shower stopped up, one of the beds mattress was completley worn out and the key safe was on the floor in the corner. You had to get on all fours to open your safe. So I checked out the next morning. But the place had a nice ambiance to it. Kind of a realxing atmosphere ot it. When I checked out the lady told me that she had to give me that room cause it was only one left. So this may be the room to avoid at the castillo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:43 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I stayed in room sex, I mean six. Basic, but comfortable, it suited me more than the SL, which was great. It had a small semi-enclosed porch which had a decent view of the city.

Speaking of, I should probably make a reservation pretty soon....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I can't remember which room I stayed in when I stayed there years ago...I just wish I had picked up the skilled masseuse that we all know well, who used to work the "front" of the bar at Castillo...Also, you gotta try the BBQ ribs/chicken/etc there on Sunday at 1 p.m.
CH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:36 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I have stayed in almost every room at the Castillo as it is my home away from home. I do agree though I did like room #4 for a short stay, but for a longer stay like I have been doing lately I prefer one of the deluxe rooms with a kitchen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm 

I stayed at the Castillo once and it was fine. I had room 4, and as reported the bed moves around easily. I thought the shower was a bit small especially if you wanted to shower with the girl. During my stay it seemed the hotel cat liked room 4 or maybe me as it snuck in the room and was there overnight till it came out the next morning. I like animals so I didn't care but felt bad as the thing had no access to water.

From what I can tell the keys are all attached to large pieces of wood which are a pia to carry around IMO.

Would stay there again if my favorite place is unavailable.

Bill