www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reported theft at Cocal
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

This is according to Luna, so I believe her, but who knows.

Luna told me she connected with a couple of guys at Cocal that wanted TLN with her and another Cocal girl. Allegedly shit went missing from the room, and the guys refused to pay.

Luna blames the other chica. But says the stuff was not found.

Anywayz, she asked me to post about it on CRT, and warn guys to lock up their stuff in the room. We all know this, but clearly some guys aren't getting the memo.

The take-aways:

1. LOCK UP YOUR SHIT! If it's stolen, it's YOUR FAULT!

2. Do not stiff a chica unless you are certain that she stole from you. "Guilt by association" is a scumbag argument.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
The take-aways:

2. Do not stiff a chica unless you are certain that she stole from you. "Guilt by association" is a scumbag argument.

Dwarf,
1. I know what you are trying to say, but the words you chose are wrong. If my shit is stolen, it's NOT my fault, it's the thief's fault. They CHOSE to steal my stuff, I didn't put it in their bag. We should never blame the victim of a crime. Have we really become so hardened as a society that we believe that if the owner does not fully secure their property and it's stolen, it's their own fault? I used to think that way, but as I get older and "wiser", I'd like to think that humans are good for the most part. If a woman has a mini skirt and gets raped, it's not her fault. I know it's an extreme example.

2. Unfortunately, whether it's fair or not, she is guilty by association. I don't know her or anything about her, and this isn't specifically about Luna, but if anybody chooses to associate with bad people, they shouldn't be surprised when that association leads to problems. If she didn't know the chica, and could not trust her, she shouldn't have gone in with her. I realize that it's easy for us to say that, but the reality is that any chance to make money will be grabbed up by most of these chicas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:36 pm 

Are you in love with her....another gringo white knight...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:53 pm 

Orange wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:
The take-aways:

Dwarf,
1. I know what you are trying to say, but the words you chose are wrong. If my shit is stolen, it's NOT my fault, it's the thief's fault. They CHOSE to steal my stuff, I didn't put it in their bag. We should never blame the victim of a crime. Have we really become so hardened as a society that we believe that if the owner does not fully secure their property and it's stolen, it's their own fault? I used to think that way, but as I get older and "wiser", I'd like to think that humans are good for the most part. If a woman has a mini skirt and gets raped, it's not her fault. I know it's an extreme example.

2. Unfortunately, whether it's fair or not, she is guilty by association. I don't know her or anything about her, and this isn't specifically about Luna, but if anybody chooses to associate with bad people, they shouldn't be surprised when that association leads to problems. If she didn't know the chica, and could not trust her, she shouldn't have gone in with her. I realize that it's easy for us to say that, but the reality is that any chance to make money will be grabbed up by most of these chicas.

I know Orange, it's always someone else's fault. There is no need to take responsibility for our actions, or lack thereof.

Welcome to the new USA mantra.

But if she is guilty by association because she 'associates' with bad people, why doesn't that apply to the guys? Or does their 'association' not meet your cleanly defined parameters?

My point, which you obfuscated quite well, is that if any member of this board does not realize that bringing a prostitute back to your room (while leaving money, camera equipment and Gawd only knows what else lying about in plain sight) is putting themselves in harm's way, then they should reflect upon their negligence and lack of personal responsibility.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:56 pm 

Osgood wrote:
Are you in love with her....another gringo white knight...

What are you talking about? I posted a thread about an alleged theft. As the information came to me by a supposedly involved party, I can assume that 'something' happened.

As to who, what, where, when, how or why ... it doesn't matter. It's a reminder (once again) that there are thieves and liars about, and as mongers, we attract em.

Nothin' more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:55 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

So, let me see if I've got this straight. I bring a Chica back to my room and bang her. Then, I kick her out without paying. Is it her fault for not insisting that I pay up front? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:06 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
I know Orange, it's always someone else's fault. There is no need to take responsibility for our actions, or lack thereof.
Not always. But in the case where there's a victim and criminal doing a crime against the victim, it's ALWAYS the criminal's fault. :!:

BashfulDwarf wrote:
But if she is guilty by association because she 'associates' with bad people, why doesn't that apply to the guys? Or does their 'association' not meet your cleanly defined parameters?
I'm not even sure what "point" you are trying to make here. What gringo association? Association implies some kind of teamwork or group. Gringos don't associate with other gringos too much during sessions. Lets say 2 gringos negotiate a double team session on one chica and one of them drugs her. She doesn't know which one did it, but knows that she was drugged, guess what... they are BOTH guilty. The "innocent" one is guilty by association

BashfulDwarf wrote:
My point, which you obfuscated quite well, is that if any member of this board does not realize that bringing a prostitute back to your room (while leaving money, camera equipment and Gawd only knows what else lying about in plain sight) is putting themselves in harm's way, then they should reflect upon their negligence and lack of personal responsibility.
While it is true that leaving valuable shit out in plain sight (or even not so plain sight) in front of third world hookers is careless and opens you up to the possibility of theft, I would not say that the fault swings over to the victim. The criminal is still a criminal, and still at fault, no matter how naive/dumb/stupid the gringo was in leaving his stuff out in the open. What if they steal your shit that's not in plain sight? By your account, it's still the gringo's fault, since his suitcase wasn't strong enough, huh?

Last edited by Orange on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:08 pm 

When I come to CR, I always lock up my valuables in the safe and bigger valuables in my suitcase with the little tsa lock on. Someone would have to walk off with my entire suitcase and I won't carry more than $200 around on a daily basis, that way if cash is stolen it doesn't kill my vacation. This is common sense, you don't know who you have in your room unless you really know the girl and a $500 camera is a very tempting target from a poor person from a 3rd world country.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:43 pm 

agree that if you are in a third world country ( is CR 3rd world?) or whatever and you are inviting a stranger into your room for paid sex then its on you to protect your things.
not wanting to make excuses for a thief but its a probability and severity equation and thats why the safe is there.
hell i don't leave cash laying around my house or businesses either.
temptation is a mother and i don't put it by a rich person to pilfer an item if he thinks he can get away with it.
maybe even more so...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:23 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:

Does this qualify as sociopolitical commentary?

mh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 pm 

drf007 wrote:
So, let me see if I've got this straight. I bring a Chica back to my room and bang her. Then, I kick her out without paying. Is it her fault for not insisting that I pay up front? :roll:

naw bud. If it's just you and a chica and your shit goes missing, it doesn't require Sherlock Holmes to figure it out. But if there are several people (in this case 2 guys and 2 chicas) then if you cannot find evidence to point to a specific person, you don't just blame everyone in the area.

Again, the threads not about right or wrong, or placing blame. Just a reminder to lock up our stuff beforehand.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:

Does this qualify as sociopolitical commentary?

mh

Just an observation. 47 years of living in the USA is enough to know that the country of my father's isn't going to be the country of my Ch*ldren.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

drf007 wrote:

Exactly. That is some low down dirty shit. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Pay for services rendered. If you want to claim theft, call the cops.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:39 am 

Very few on here know Luna like I do and human nature says she is guilty by association. As for not choosing who she works with carefully, how many of you choose who you pluck very carefully (use you big head and not your little head) She, and all these chicas, do what they do to make money to support themselves and often other family members so they often do things (3/4-somes with chicas they do not know very well; sessions with guys they do not like nor trust; even sessions with guys who might rip them off. Also, who choose the other chica :?: How drunk were the two guys before they decided on a 4some :?: How positive are they, or can they be, that things were actually stolen.

I, nor no one else on this board, can not possible know what actually went down!! Yes, there are a lot of chicas who will steal if given the chance. Yes there are a lot of newbies in Jaco who maybe have never even mongered before, Maybe they have no clue as to what, when, nor how to do things! yes there are guys who get too drunk and spend or loose money, then after spending a hour or so with a chica they realize their money is missing so who do they blame :?: Maybe she did; maybe she didn't, but she is there so she is the easiest person to blame!!

As for Luna being involved, I have known her for over 10 years. She has been in my home well over 200 times. She has had many, many opportunities to take things. Hell I have even left her in my house alone. I live here so it is not like visiting and only having a few things that can easily be hidden. Anytime I have a chica over it can be a risk as there are always valuables out in plain view. hell one of the times I left her here along I realized when I returned that I had left $250 laying on the table. She saw the money and when I returned she pointed out that I should be more careful; that some chicas would have taken the money and left.

I guess what I am trying to say is Luna has had many opportunities to steal from me and she never has! I also know many guys who have been with her and no one that I am aware of has ever accused her of taking anything. I have known hundreds (thousands :?: ) of chicas here and she is the one chica I would trust totally. Probably no one on this board would have ever known this went down if she had just kept her mouth shut! She risked her own reputation in order to remind guys on CRT that they should never leave valuable out when sessioning with a chica, and certainly not when there are two chicas. My opinion is that IF she were guilty she would have never asked BD to post what he did!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:30 am 

Based on my few times that I spent with luna, I would have my vote to the other girl , or other factors ( didnt happen, lost track of money ....whatever ) she had a chance to hustle me( or at least try) and didnt ...10 years of dealing with working girls in san jose my " trying to be played, or the set up is in action " meter works pretty good