www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: why i stay at the delrey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

For what's its worth I wanted to defend why I choose to stay at the delrey while I am in san jose. I have been to cr three times and always spend a couple days in san jose on the front and back end of my trips.

As odd as it might sound when I am in San Jose I go to mp's during the day and over a three day stay I might only bang one or two girls from the DR so the guest fee isn't much of an issue for me.

1. I like to play poker and my experience over the last few trips is the best games are at the delrey. I like to have at least four buy ins on me at the table and I don't love the idea of travelling back and forth to the delrey with a pocket full of money if I didn't stay there.

2. I am a light cigarette smoker and like the green stuff so the delrey is great because they seem to allow you to smoke in your room. Way better than having to go outside! I am respectful so I will buy some Lysol spray so it doesn't stink too bad.

3. I love the idea of the random 3am hookup without leaving the hotel.

4. The room rates are reasonable and I am treated fairly well at the hotel.

There are certainly some negative aspects to staying at the delrey but I do think the pros outweigh the cons for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

No need to defend where you stay. Its your money, spend it as you like. If anyone rags on you to stay elsewhere, tell them you;ll be happy to; if they foot the bill.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I too, am an unashamed 10 plus year vet and always stay at the Del Rey. I love being in the center of the action and having hundreds of chicas to choose from with out traveling far. I've had friends stay at the Dunn, SL, La Amistad, Scores etc., etc. These are quieter places with more personal attention and friendly fraternal atmosphere, I can see why people like them as well, but for those of us who like doing battle up in the front lines, belly to belly, bayonet to bayonet, HDR is the only place to go ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28adO_BWzA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:06 pm 

This is why I like the Cocal and there is no chica fee. So when you get to the room, and her attitude goes south just send her back. No concern for taxi fare or time lost riding in a taxi to SL or LA. I love having chicas in my room and mixing them a drink, listening to music, etc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 pm 

Hank wrote:
This is why I like the Cocal and there is no chica fee. So when you get to the room, and her attitude goes south just send her back. No concern for taxi fare or time lost riding in a taxi to SL or LA. I love having chicas in my room and mixing them a drink, listening to music, etc

I have heard good things about the Cocal, the Del Rey of Jaco, I'm going to try to visit next trip, there was a short time between the demise of the Beatle Bar and the rise of Cocal that a trip to Jaco wasn't worth it anymore, glad to see things picking up, now if only we could get a great place in Mt. Arenal life would be complete... 8)

I suspect one reason no chica fee exists at Cocal is that it costs about a cien or so per room, since HDR only charges $11 on top of typically $50 for a room, it doesn't bother me, I usually get only one up in the room per night and one MP girl in the day on my visits... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 pm 

bigmikeinkc wrote:
No need to defend where you stay. Its your money, spend it as you like. If anyone rags on you to stay elsewhere, tell them you;ll be happy to; if they foot the bill.

+1

I have no issues where guys stay. It's their money. But about poker... have you tried the MAona Lisa? When I was in Cr i June, there was no poker to be found at DR. It was dead. When was the last time you played there? 2012? :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:14 am 

I dont play poker at the dr but I always peak at how the game is going , last trip in sept I seen at least 1 table going every night sometimes 2 .......I been going to san jose at least 4.5 trips a year for 10 years never stayed at the rey until this year.....the last 4 trips all at the rey....I love the place ... $50 / 55 a night,..... saves at least $ 8 a day on taxi fares, less walking back and forth..... but #1 reason ...." I Phuck more" as those girls in the past that I would not pull the trigger on .....now I grab them......
I just need that bj in the am...last trip out of the 6 nights ....5 am"s pulled $40 bj's in the morning.....yeah 2 of them werea little rough but all were bbbj .....
Maid service is very good ..... never paid for one drink during the trip .....as always comped at the table ( tute)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Netgems wrote:
I suspect one reason no chica fee exists at Cocal is that it costs about a cien or so per room, since HDR only charges $11 on top of typically $50 for a room, it doesn't bother me, I usually get only one up in the room per night and one MP girl in the day on my visits... :mrgreen:

The other reason there is no chica fee at Cocal is it would be impossible to collect with poolside rooms only steps from the bar. There is no one point everyone must pass to get to a room where they could enforce.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:43 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have found the opposite, I was in san jose in December, June and August and there were usually one or two games running at the delrey. I did play in a decent game in June at the mona lisa but preferred the action at the delrey.

Orange wrote:
bigmikeinkc wrote:

+1

I have no issues where guys stay. It's their money. But about poker... have you tried the MAona Lisa? When I was in Cr i June, there was no poker to be found at DR. It was dead. When was the last time you played there? 2012? :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:52 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Made a run over the HDR on Sunday night with my wing man around 11pm from the SL. Only saw two either one of us would have been interested in.

There were plenty who made the hard sell. What surprised both us was the "go eat shit" attitude from the chicas after telling them no thanks. Being polite made no difference to them when saying no. Maybe there some gems but sifting through the rest must be time consuming.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:53 pm 

Fieldtech wrote:
Made a run over the HDR on Sunday night with my wing man around 11pm from the SL. Only saw two either one of us would have been interested in.

There were plenty who made the hard sell. What surprised both us was the "go eat shit" attitude from the chicas after telling them no thanks. Being polite made no difference to them when saying no. Maybe there some gems but sifting through the rest must be time consuming.

Sunday night is dead no matter where you go, when I make plans for my trips here, I always leave on Sunday or if staying only 5 days or so, we always leave Sunday out of the equation, it's lousy in the afternoons at most places as well, Sunday is serious church and family day down here.

Same goes for when I lived here, I never went poon huntin' on Sundays. I guess if your vaca includes a Sunday, you only have so much time to score so much poon, and every minute counts, but I would advise having something lined up-and a backup or two if possible-for Sunday night. HDR is incredible Friday and Saturday nights, if any one can't get lucky then, I'll offer some free training...well, maybe I'll charge a beer. :P

Christmas and Easter are not the best choices either, although building up to Christmas, I have gotten lucky with some non pro's who go to the HDR just a few times to earn some Christmas money! One was a schoolteacher, another a student living with her parents still and another was a waitress/manager at a restaurant close to where I lived. She invited me to visit her and eat there, so I went and saw her there and banged her a few more times. I remember talking to some other CRT members who experienced that as well, I don't know why, it's kind of extra exciting to be pounding a chica with LESS experience than me... :twisted: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 am 

I had seen Maria for a few sweet times during one trip, and I was having an urge to repeat with her. But it was Sunday morning - - - and I expected I'd be having a slow day for the reasons mentioned above.

I sent a TXT to ask Maria if I she could see me in a few hours. I didn't know if she worked on Sundays.

Her prompt reply told me that she was in church at the moment, but that she would come right over to see me as soon as she was finished at church.

I still see her often - - - - - mostly on Sundays. After we've done the "necessaries" , we usually fall asleep, naked and wet, for a few hours in the afternoon. It seems that she likes to relax on the Sabbath.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 pm 

Rac wrote:
I had seen Maria for a few sweet times during one trip, and I was having an urge to repeat with her. But it was Sunday morning - - - and I expected I'd be having a slow day for the reasons mentioned above.

I sent a TXT to ask Maria if I she could see me in a few hours. I didn't know if she worked on Sundays.

Her prompt reply told me that she was in church at the moment, but that she would come right over to see me as soon as she was finished at church.

I still see her often - - - - - mostly on Sundays. After we've done the "necessaries" , we usually fall asleep, naked and wet, for a few hours in the afternoon. It seems that she likes to relax on the Sabbath.

I can't think of a better way to relax on the Sabbath, what a fantasy to have her come visit you in her "church clothes"... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 pm 

Hey Net.........

Here's a "better fantasy" , which was really an "actuality."

In the HLH days, the legendary Karen was going to school to get her GED. I used to help her with her math homework on the benches at HLH.

One day, she came to work at HLH directly from school, wearing her school uniform with her books under her arm.

I couldn't resist....... I pounced IMMEDIATELY.

I got to take off her school uniform in my room, and had the usual SPECTACULAR time that she is famous for providing.

When we were finished, she put on her "work uniform" and want back to work in the bar.

I love that girl.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:55 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

RACHEL
that's a story! Love it..