www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:02 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I'm looking at an itinerary for my return to the USA from SJO that goes thru El Salvador. It's a LACSA flight to El Salvador connecting to a TACA flight 1hr. 25 mins. later to the USA. I seem to remember past negative comments on the board regarding going thru there. Are there problems with this amount of connection time, immigration problems, luggage issues or anything else that anyone that anyone has experienced that would make me want to avoid this itinerary?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SpeakNo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:30 pm 

I've connected through SAL, with Avianca/Taca, about 8 times in the past 18 months. Never a problem. It's a short walk, couple of minutes, from arrival to departure(same terminal). They will check your passport before admission to the waiting area of U.S & Canadian departure gate. Terminal is old and sometimes the A/C doesn't work. :cry:

My average connection time is 45 minutes. I usually have to wait 40 minutes at my departure gate. You have plenty of time for your connection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:55 pm 

I've picked up a LOT of guys using that connection, especially from Los Angeles, and it seems they are always there and on time. Can't remember a single missed connection. Know a LONG TIME traveler who prefers that connection from L.A. over the Delta non-stop :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 pm 

SinCity wrote:
I'm looking at an itinerary for my return to the USA from SJO that goes thru El Salvador. It's a LACSA flight to El Salvador connecting to a TACA flight 1hr. 25 mins. later to the USA. I seem to remember past negative comments on the board regarding going thru there. Are there problems with this amount of connection time, immigration problems, luggage issues or anything else that anyone that anyone has experienced that would make me want to avoid this itinerary?

Rumor has it "IF you can come out of El Salvador with at least "one ball" intact" you are doing pretty well. Heck Sin City you dont want any more K*ds anyway? Do you?

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 pm 

I`ve connected in El Salvador with no trouble but they do have dogs smelling for drugs. The airport is small and easy to find your way around. For Canadians its good because you don`t have to go to the USA to connect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:05 am 

My guys and gals tell me that Avianca is great. Picked up a CRT brother the other day flying from D.C. Dulles and he really enjoyed the flight. Quick stop in San Salvador. On Avianca you can check on up to 2 bags or 1 up to 70lbs. They feel you good and free alcohol to boot. Oh, they tell me the stewardess are nice to look at as well.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:42 pm 

on return if you go back through salvador or guat they will take away any duty free you purchase in CR. so if you want to bring anything back you need to buy it on arrival and pack it in your check in.
oh and yes i prefer it over the delta non stop because at 6'2" i prefer to have actual blood flow to my legs during the flight. delta makes you pay another 80 for 4" more leg room.
anyone else see they just had a flight diverted over a leg room issue? its the ultimate cattle call if you're into those kind of things.
at least avianca/taca/lacsa still treats people with respect.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:52 am 

gracias gentlemen,

San Salvador here I come (for 1 hr. 25 mins. anyway). I won't carry any liquor, I'll stop in the bar & have a smoke, & I hope, by never leaving the airport, I'll depart with both balls still in their proper place!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:37 am 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SpeakNo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:07 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I travel through it all the time never a problem. If u find a bar that you can smoke at let me know... there was a smoking bar before but about a month ago there was no more smoking.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:20 am 

I've traveled that route a few times. Only real issue is the lack of a/c in the airport, gets pretty warm as someone mentioned above.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:08 pm 

I've connected through SAL a bunch of time on Taca/Lacsa. Never a problem.

Usually you arrive at a gate and your connecting flight will be 1-4 gates away. I have never had to walk more than 5 minutes to the gate.

The building is very spacious and comfortable.

I have a bud that has mongered in El Sal a few times ALONE. He said it costs about $6 per pop. :shock: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:52 pm 

SAL= Cheapest airport bar beer I've found on 3 continents so far. It is a breeze of a connection.