www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: prices
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:39 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Steven1 wrote:
Oh my, JB! Don't I look silly! I thought I had "scoured" the web page for pricing data.....but guess not....although I did look again a 2nd and 3rd time and still don't find the link you posted which does have the pricing.

Lifetime guarantee, too.

I couldn't find it either ....until i followed his link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:09 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
No shame attaches, Brothers Steven1 and Mobydick--My pricing link for Dr. Anglada came directly through Google, not his Website. Odd way to do things...maybe ought to post this in the "Muy Tico" Thread...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

A previous jaw infection flared up at Christmas, Broke my jaw and needed another Root Canal, went to Prisma,
$ 100 for investigation Y $ 500 for Root canal, I would have paid a bit less in Canada but no complaints about PD, nice office, one odd thing the doctor doing the root canal came in like a rock star and only did the RC, then a different dentist came to do the cap, new for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:20 am 

Fiedler wrote:
A previous jaw infection flared up at Christmas, Broke my jaw and needed another Root Canal, went to Prisma,
$ 100 for investigation Y $ 500 for Root canal, I would have paid a bit less in Canada but no complaints about PD, nice office, one odd thing the doctor doing the root canal came in like a rock star and only did the RC, then a different dentist came to do the cap, new for me.

Am I missing something? How is $600 for a root canal a good deal in CR?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 am 

I had a root canal, post and a crown in CR. Had it all done in one setting as it was way in the back and she simply made a crown in place rather than messing with a lab to get an exact replica. When done there was no swelling or discomfort of any kind I was back at the SL that afternoon frolicking normal. Total cost was $300. She was recommended originally by Carlos the old manager of the SL. If you want her name and number PM me I highly recommend her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:58 pm 

Kojo96 wrote:
I had a root canal, post and a crown in CR. Had it all done in one setting as it was way in the back and she simply made a crown in place rather than messing with a lab to get an exact replica. When done there was no swelling or discomfort of any kind I was back at the SL that afternoon frolicking normal. Total cost was $300. She was recommended originally by Carlos the old manager of the SL. If you want her name and number PM me I highly recommend her.

Now that's more like it.......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:42 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I went to Prisma Dental, San Jose, Costa Rica Jan. 2014 for a new lower arch to have shorter crowns made on the advise of my dentist here in the state and an upper over denture remade. They had done work for me in the past so I was so shocked with this outcome and their refusal to acknowledge my concerns, and to make corrections, then or on a return trip.

First, the crowns are exactly the same height as what I came in there with. In less than a three weeks, four of the crowns have sheared/flaked off. (dentists here in the states say they look like acrylic provisional crowns and are not polished). They are taking on stains and I'm not a coffee or tea drinker. The night guard that was made for me had a whole in it the day I got it and the day I left).

The over denture has no stability so it rocks and pops when I eat. Dentists here said the yellow clips were reamed out and that it needs to be rebased because of the poor fit to my upper palate. I repeatedly told Dr. Cordero about this while there. He insisted it was not a problem and would resolve itself.

The 6 front teeth in this over denture are very translucent They look so fake and plastic. I'm embarrassed to meet anyone or speak or smile in public because of this.

Since I left, I wrote them repeatedly and said I would return for corrections but they have ignored me completely. I then asked them to refund me the cost of the Hader bar and the bad crowns. No response to that either. $12,000 worth of work that will have to be redone. They used to do good work. Not any longer. At the least, they should have been willing to correct their work. This has been a horrible experience. There's more but these are the main points.

I also note that they charged me more than the prices quoted on Dental Destinations, as well. I cannot recommend them for any work. For photos, emails or other docs: contact me at cherlynns3@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:28 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Clínica Estética Dental in Curribadat, east of San Pedo/San José is where you should be going. American owned with top-notch quality work and service, as well as modern facilities and technology. Dentists are extremely well-qualified and CRT discount to boot. Why go anywhere else??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Not sure why they keep changing their name -- but 90210/Esthetic Dental/Costa Rica Dental Team -- is exceptional. I have had some work done there and it is very reasonable, very professional, and they have a very modern facility and equipment.

One thing this place clued me in on... I checked into it and found out that they were not lying about this...

Some places do charge quite a bit less for implants than CR Dental Team and others. If you find someone quoting half-price for implants, be very careful -- They are using "Denture-Retention Implants." These are smaller, much cheaper, and much weaker than implants designed to support crowns. They are only designed to add stability to dentures.

You might be OK for the rest of your life with these cheap implants, but you might not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

A year and a half ago I had 22 crowns , one root canal and 3 fillings at 90210/Esthetic Dental/Costa Rica Dental Team and I couldn`t be happier with work , price and the dentist ( a lady)that did the work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:04 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Everyone has a favorite. But at Costa Rica dental team. You are getting US quality services and state of the art materials at a greatly reduced price from the US , might
Not be the cheapest in CR but sometimes that's not what is best. IMHO , I have known and used Mike for last 8 years and l always feel well cared for as well as a great savings over my US based experiences. But there are many great dentist in this county
And everyone has the option to find the place they
Feel comfortable. This is just mine , CRT sponsor or not. Just to share my experiences from 17 years of travel here and 2 years of living here. And I have had other dentist before mike opened Costa Rica dental team. While good experiences not the same for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:36 pm 

DirtyJeff wrote:
Everyone has a favorite. But at Costa Rica dental team. You are getting US quality services and state of the art materials at a greatly reduced price from the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Examples of reduced prices from us prices please or it's just sales talk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:08 pm 

cherlynns3 wrote:
they charged me more than the prices quoted

I went to Prisma Dental way back in 2005 and had the same horrible experience. The guy that did my root canal charged me $400 but the crown was also $400 and the xray cost $100 which was high for a tooth failed within a year. Went to Cavallin and had the implants and been going to dr marco ever since and any problems he fixed free of charge or close to it.

ig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:05 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
ASD wrote:

CR Dental Team or Aesthetic whatever, or 90210 Hard place to get to

Don't they still offer free transpo from the Gulch, whether or not a paid CRT member?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:10 pm 

ASD; Mike is definetly an american. I know him from south florida. Have spent time with him and his high school crew in south dade county, Regardless of what you think of him. He is an american.

tuanis