www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Prisma Dental Beware
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Dito what Eirerogue said. I had a full mouth restoration done by Prisma Dental back in 2007 and can't possibly be happier with the work they did. I was in real trouble. My teeth were cracking due to an overbite and US oral surgeons were going to charge me around $80,000 for the work I needed to have done to save my teeth. Prisma charged me a small fraction of that price and they did work bordering on artistry. I haven't had any problems at all until last year when a fork slipped and chipped one of my front crowns. I have an upcoming appointment with them to fix the damage. Hopefully, this report is mere exaggeration. If not, then I hope that at least there hasn't been a backslide in quality which is so evident that they can't even properly repair a chipped crown anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I've said it before (not on Here) & I'll say it again:
-1) You get what you pay for
-2) If one has any problems, then one has to return to the CR (not a problem for many of us on this site) or Mexico or where ever one got his bargain basement dentistry to remedy the problems
-3) Most dentists (myself included) refuse to touch south of the border (S.O.B.) dentistry because once we do as little as slightly adjust a crown or denture or whatever, then any problem in the future is blamed on us. The SOB will ask you if you go back to them, 'Has anyone, anywhere, done anything to any of the crowns (or whatever dentistry) at any time since we put the crowns on?' If you answer 'yes Dr. Costareeker did a slight adjustment on one of the 22 crowns you put in!', they will blame any and all problems on Dr. CostaReeker.

You are taking a gamble like Cheryl did. Sometimes you win , like a few on here did, a lot of times you lose, like a lot of posts described.

I know I will get hammered by a lot of you because I am a big bad greedy American Dentist, but the crux of my rebuttal remains, why gamble on something like your smile or your ability to chew or speak efficiently. Not every American dentist will give perfect results 100% of the time, but we are held to a higher standard by State Boards of Dentistry , scum bag plaintiff attorneys & organized dental groups such as the ADA & AGD.

Ok, I posted so let the onslaught begin! I can take it, I'm a bigboy!

Dr. CostaReeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Another plus for this place. I figure that what I paid saved me about 90% of my air and hotel for 10 days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:42 am 

I've used Prisma for years with no issues and 100% satisfaction. I'll be at the SL 3/35-4/3 and hav already scheduled a visit to Prisma.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 am 

Just back from a week in SJO And including a dental check up at Prisma. Wonderful people and FIRST Class service. I have previously had major work done at Prisma. Very satisfied!