All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I lick ass, I Phuck ass, no problemo :shock: 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:29 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Here's an interesting article in Costa Rica Times ( Dec 2014) on this topic:
http://www.costaricantimes.com/is-there ... tyle/34332

Is There a Problem with the Tap Water in Costa Rica? Montezuma’s Revenge CR Style?

Costa Rica Opinion – I had the joy of spending Christmas in bed hoping that I would be able to re-hydrate after water was coming out of both ends of my body. There is nothing worse than the weak feeling you get after having all the water leave your body.

The only other time I felt this way was when I had drank well water in Mexico. Exact same symptoms from a parasite that had found a new home in my stomach.

In Mexico I tried to push through it for 2 days before heading to a friends who drive me to the hospital. After an IV was attached to my arm I began to feel better. It took a round of antibiotics to get the parasite out of me and for me to return to normal.

n Mexico due to the lack of water treatment and the old pipes not many drink water from the tap. There is a huge risk for parasites and bacteria.

After I went to the pharmacy to get treatment the day after Christmas, I learned that 5 other people I knew in the area also had the same sort of parasite problem.

So the question is are these just random instances or is there a bigger problem at hand?

96% of all urban wastewater collected is discharged into rivers and receiving bodies without any treatment, generating public health risks and water resources contamination.

For those that live in San Jose there is less risk as most of the water comes from the mountains and then goes to the faucet, but for those lying outside the and specifically on the two coasts, that wastewater is seeping into the aqueducts and reservoirs.

The pipeline that holds this wastewater is old and corroding. The rivers are becoming more and more polluted. That contamination and pollution is getting into the water being used by the public.

A recent study showed that over 1,000,000 homes in Costa Rica had fecal matter in their tap water.

I do not know about you, but I do not like drinking poop water.

Will the Costa Rican government be proactive and try to fix this before it becomes a bigger problem, probably not. My assumption is it will require a large scale problem before anything is done.

Let’s hope it does not get as bad as Mexico, as it will drive away tourists. But you can always invest in bottled water companies in Costa Rica.

I am going to continuing writing about this issue until the CR government does something about it……..

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:47 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I originally heard that you could drink the tap water in CR, which is generally true, BUT, and it is a big butt, if there are heavy rains they say it backs up and the tap water gets contaminated. I only drink bottled water in CR now. I still get the runs but I guess I don't have the iron stomach that others do. It is, however better than Mexico, which has shit for water.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:10 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Lennydo wrote:
Here is an article posted by QCostaRica in their Sept 27, 2014 online edition. Looks like maybe the bacteria in the water is the issue.

Bacteria in Contaminated Water Responsible For Increase in Diarrhea

COSTA RICA NEWS — Health officials say they have seen an increase in cases of diarrhea this year, a tendency caused by the presence of bacteria in contaminated water.

The bacteria called Shigella is responsible for the peak, some 7.000 more cases this year over last. The transmission of bacteria is anus-hand-mouth, and can be acquired through contaminated food or water.

The Ministerio de Salud (Ministry of Health) warns that storing liquid in plastic containers during water service interruptions could lead to cases of diarrhea.

Proper hand washing, especially after using the bathroom or changing diapers, is a hygiene measure to avoid falling victim to this bacterium that causes diarrhea, which if not treated in time could be deadly.

Shigella is a genus of Gram-negative, facultative anaerobic, nonspore-forming, nonmotile, rod-shaped bacteria closely related to Salmonella. The genus is named after Kiyoshi Shiga, who first discovered it in 1897.

The causative agent of human shigellosis, Shigella causes disease in primates, but not in other mammals. It is only naturally found in humans and apes. During infection, it typically causes dysentery. Shigella is one of the leading bacterial causes of diarrhea worldwide. Insufficient data exist, but conservative estimates suggest Shigella causes about 90 million cases of severe dysentery, with at least 100,000 of these resulting in death, each year, mostly among Ch*ldren in the developing world.

This is exactly why I only drink bottled water when in CR... diarrhea coupled with the sandpaper TP in CR would make for a bad trip. :cry:

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm 

I am assuming the restaurants cook with CR water.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm 

Zunbake3 wrote:

Good question Zunbake3. It is probably tap water and they also most likely wash their lettuce, fruits and vegetables in tap water. When profit margins are low, who is going to use bottled water for that? The big question is ice. Is any ice in CR made from purified water? Probably not from in-house ice machines in restaurants, if they exist.
By the way, what happened to Zunbake 1 and 2? Did they die from Shigella? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:54 pm 

What or who is Shigella? The remedy that works for me is Pepto Bismol.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:25 am 

Zunbake3 wrote:
What or who is Shigella? The remedy that works for me is Pepto Bismol.

Zun, please read the earlier posts in this thread. Shigella is some badass sh*t, Pepto would be like a popgun against a grizzly bear.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:41 am 

Been lucky so far with that! I always drink bottled water in CR. My favorite brand is Alpina.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:54 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Jawanker wrote:
Zunbake3 wrote:

Good question Zunbake3. It is probably tap water and they also most likely wash their lettuce, fruits and vegetables in tap water. When profit margins are low, who is going to use bottled water for that? The big question is ice. Is any ice in CR made from purified water? Probably not from in-house ice machines in restaurants, if they exist.

we buy bagged ice made from distilled and processed water, most water used in cooking is from the tap. I for one have had no problems in 9 years with the water in san jose. beach towns or farms can be from a well and can cause problems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 pm 

Mkink wrote:
Jawanker wrote:
Zunbake3 wrote:

we buy bagged ice made from distilled and processed water, most water used in cooking is from the tap. I for one have had no problems in 9 years with the water in san jose. beach towns or farms can be from a well and can cause problems

Good to know, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I found a solution:

Get some Aqua de Pipa at grocery store and put some lime in it. "You put the lime in the coconut and you mix it all up. You put the lime in the coconut and you drink it all up....I said Doctor! is there nothing I can take to relieve this belly ache... :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs

Hey it really seems to work. Try it.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

Last edited by Lennydo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:17 pm 

Well JAwanker, ya did it to me. Youse got strong powers. Last night I was up all night with the Shigella coming out of both ends. Now I am sitting here with a low grade fever and aches and pains, thanks for killing my trip with your powers bro!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:55 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Almost every trip, I know day 2 is gonna be queasy. I do not plan any long trips on day 2, and stick pretty close to a john. But I travel with some Imodium, and usually it'll do the trick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 pm 

Well it broke in 24 hours, was able to Phuck my favorita and now on to spend my money on her and her ninos at the multiplaza and pequeno mundo. I'm wondering if it was from a sandwich I ate at FLL before flying in on Monday. Usually takes a day to get sick from the source.