www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting a Tica pregnant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:39 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I was talking to a Tica who had a K*D by a guy in Spain. I asked her if he knew and she said "no, I want him to be mine only." She was afraid he would take the K*D since she was a prostitute.

This got me to thinking. What if a you got a Tica pregnant, could she get Ch*ld support from you in the US? Now, let's say you were happy about this, but you didn't want to marry her. How could you make sure your baby was a US citizen? Surely, there must be some way you could make sure your offspring enjoyed the same citizenship as you. Plus, it would seem ridiculous for your K*D to apply for a visa every time they wanted to come stay with you in the USA. Finally, back to the situation I just mentioned, let's say you found out after the K*D was born (in Costa Rica) and you got a Costa Rican judge to grant you custody. How would you get to take your K*D to the USA since he wasn't a citizen? Or, what if you wanted your K*D and his Costa Rican mama to come live with you in the USA?

I just thought I would ask since I am sure this has come up before and somebody knows the answer from some first hand knowledge or knows what happened to somebody.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:43 am 
Roller,
Is there something you want to get off your chest? 8) It's OK, really. We are here to lend you our support (not really) :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:41 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yes she could get Ch*ld support, Mom would have to go thru the visa process, even if you marry her, bebe would have a US passport, a CR judge giving you custody? good luck. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 am 

For more accurate information you might want to check this out.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship ... _5199.html

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:29 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

fuel the plane and fly low................

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 pm 

Irish Drifter wrote:
For more accurate information you might want to check this out.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship ... _5199.html

Great info! Thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:01 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:
I was talking to a Tica who had a K*D by a guy in Spain. I asked her if he knew and she said "no, I want him to be mine only." She was afraid he would take the K*D since she was a prostitute.

This got me to thinking. What if a you got a Tica pregnant, could she get Ch*ld support from you in the US? Now, let's say you were happy about this, but you didn't want to marry her. How could you make sure your baby was a US citizen? Surely, there must be some way you could make sure your offspring enjoyed the same citizenship as you. Plus, it would seem ridiculous for your K*D to apply for a visa every time they wanted to come stay with you in the USA. Finally, back to the situation I just mentioned, let's say you found out after the K*D was born (in Costa Rica) and you got a Costa Rican judge to grant you custody. How would you get to take your K*D to the USA since he wasn't a citizen? Or, what if you wanted your K*D and his Costa Rican mama to come live with you in the USA?

I just thought I would ask since I am sure this has come up before and somebody knows the answer from some first hand knowledge or knows what happened to somebody.

If you honestly think you may have a dog in this fight vs just a random question, you may want to consult a Costa Rican attorney vs guys opinions on a message board.

As I understand it - and not from personal experience :roll: - if you are "accused" of being the father, they can detain you until a CR court determines if you are indeed the father (via DNA test) and sets up a Ch*ld support schedule, which can be enforceble in the USA.

If you talk to any of the girls who have multiple k*ds w/ multiple padres (can't be more than 95% of the working girls :shock: :roll: :lol: ), you would form an opinion that no male in CR ever pays Ch*ld support - this would not be the case for visitors, especially from the USA :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm 

ok, we get it, it's not your K*D, but it raises a question that may affect one of the guys.

the above post is good advice for a bro's potential cr support problem. finding a trust worthy atty in cr who knows this kind of stuff may be a task. one may want to start with the list of attorney's on our embassy website, maybe one of them can steer a guy to a different lawyer/good person who knows this stuff--don't assume he or she does. it's a specialty, at least a sub-specialty. a corporate or criminal abogado there may not be the one, although a corporate guy who is getting visas for foreigners to work in cr might be perfect--they'll know what to do, what and where to file, etc

a guy also may be wise to start talking to a reputable american immigration lawyer, another daunting task. there are a zillion of them with a zillion angry ex-clients. he or she does not have to be from one's city or state. the way it works is it is mainly a paper pushing job and ins or whatever they call themselves now doesn't care if your lawyer is from miami or ny or hot springs, nor even if you have a lawyer. one can do the work himself, lots of websites, but it'll be a pain.

i recently looked over a 10 page info/to-do sheet our embassy in cr gave to one of my chica friends in sj who is trying to 'americanize' one of her K*ds. wow. complicated. the traditional thought of since my dad is american it gives me a quick green light. i learned that's all changed especially if born on foreign soil. i have a license but when i read this document i thought this is going to be hard, hard, do-able but time consuming hard, even though dad who is in tx does not deny paternity. alot of b.s. has to be done by you/her in both countries. if one of you lack the motivation, it ain't going to happen.

i do not do immigration but i did look at these issues a few years ago for a european friend. quickest, easiest way is maybe for one to do a k-1 visa for her--it's called a fiance visa--and the baby can get a k-9 visa or whatever they call it for the child--they can come, i think you have 3 mos or 6 mos to get married. i think they then have to go back to a cr for a short time, more bs paper work, and then presto, they can come and stay. there's tons of stuff on k-1 visas, and all of these issues, on line.

Last edited by DGD on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 pm 

Let me say again, this is NOT A PROBLEM for me. I was just curious after I talked to her plus a Tica at SL saying she is American because her father is.

I haven't gotten anybody pregnant.