www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Toxic, I do agree with that. And I am definitely not referring to non working girl. BUT, know going in that it is gonna be work. I'm mainly talking about the concensus of the board that all gringas are evil and all the chicas here are just lovely little bundles of joy. Of chicas I've been with and friends, whom I've seen their relationships, drama is a big part down here. And it is partly the atmosphere. For heavens sake, does anyone, Latino or Gringo just live a normal life with normal daily responsibilities? At the beach it is tough because couples are in each others faces all the time. One other thing I don't like, and this could be specific to a small town, is that you basically have to declare after a date or two. No getting to know the person, see if you are compatable. Either you become a couple or nothing. I still want to know why so many need an aceptance or something for what they do. Guys get so sensitive here and have their feelings hurt. I Phuck with big balls. I don't need any approval or support group for my habits. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 pm 

Toxicnut wrote:
I hope I never become as negative about the chicas as this thread has become. I have had non working realationships with three different chicas and have never had any endings as bad as Chi suggests. Women are women no matter where you find them ,to call all latin women bad news begs to ask why you come down to CR much less live there.
Good post Toxicnut.....Painting with a broad brush does not seem fair to me.....mis dos centavos!......Happy Holidays a Todos!!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 pm 

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
Santas Bro wrote:
Do I as a man that chases poosey for money offer the best chance for a stable long term relationship? :shock: I know that I certainly am not!!

While much is said about the ladies, and much of it rightfully so, what is it about being a monger that makes me such a desirable catch for a long term monogamous relationship, no matter how old, Latina, Asian, or Gringa?

I'm looking at the man in the mirror....................

Happy holidays

SB, I concur with your sentiments here. The idea that when things don't work out, it's always the woman's fault is absurd. Unfortunately, the 'choir' here are mostly men who are not currently in a satisfying relationship. A few of us can look at our past and see that just maybe we had a hand in the problems we had. Others prefer to put all the blame on their ex(s) or take it up a notch and blame the entire gender, or a cultural subgroup or two. It's easier than
Quote:
looking at the man in the mirror.

An old hippie philosopher once said something that stuck with me since. I don't quote directly but it went like: 'You can't change other people, the only person you can change is yourself.' I'll be back later... I need to go look in the mirror a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm 

Santas Bro wrote:
While much is said about the ladies, and much of it rightfully so, what is it about being a monger that makes me such a desirable catch for a long term monogamous relationship, no matter how old, Latina, Asian, or Gringa?

I'm looking at the man in the mirror....................

Happy holidays

We often lament how some beautiful innocent darlings get wrapped up into the life and become permanently ruined as hard core "can't turn them into a housewife" hoe...But Santa you are so correct that we on he other side of the coin can't be turned into a faithful loving husband after a long hard stint at mongering either. And I would even go further to say that for many of us, including YO, that even if we found a chick that rated 10 in every category we would still, as mongers, not give a second thought to sticking the little head somewhere it wanted to go. And if a chica knows you monger she would have to be naive an idiot to think you would change.

Es la vida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 pm 

For the record, I'm not damaged goods. I'm in a two year relationship with a tica. We have normal ups and downs, but generally are happy most of the time.

I'm speaking as a general rule. I'm also speaking about my experiences which lasted about a year dating chicas that were not hookers, but were not much better in any relationship. Did I just kiss too many frogs? Who knows? They were all dynamite in the sack. And, I dumped all of them. So, I never even came close to a broken heart.

Of these handful of chicas... One stole money from me. The other consistently lied to me. The other tried to swindle me on a real estate deal. The other was just poor latin trash.

Chicas, ticas, nicas... whatever you want to call girls that live in Costa Rica... have a lot of issues.

What people on this board call negativity... is actually reality. In reality, if you are looking for a girl next door type, you can do much better in anglo countries... thus an exaggerated reference to London and New York.

Anyhow... guess I hurt some feelings or perhaps jostled someone's rose-colored glasses. But, then isn't that what an open board is all about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm 

The credibility thing - I don't understand. Credibility has to do with dependability and honesty. On both accounts, I should actually be given good scores. You can expect me to be consistently negative - when it comes to dating/marrying hookers. You can expect me to be consistently realistic - when it comes to dating non-hookers in Costa Rica.

I have been with the same woman for over 2 two years, so I have not been actively dating (or cheating) in Costa Rica.

Okay - let me say a few positive things. They are generally great in bed and way more liberal about sex. This is a huge plus over american women. They also don't act like feminist nazi bitches like some of our sisters up north.

But, after three years of living (and 2 years of business travel) in Costa Rica, I think I can paint a pretty good picture of life in Costa Rica. Especially, since I have not stepped into the gulch more than a handful of times in the past three years. I've got a pretty good grasp on the general state of women down here. And, this is without rosey glasses.

Here are some general conceptions of girl next door:

The girl next door does not have hidden plans of her own, because her character and personality are open and straightforward, and because her social, economic, and sexual intentions do not need to be concealed

She is the sweet-tempered girl he sees daily, a really great 'pal' friend, hence the "perfect" girl to take home to his parents. Often, she is a sexual virgin, and, because of that, her "innocent" manner is the façade of many American erotic fantasies portraying her "girl next door" image as the pretense behind which is the true, very sexually aggressive woman.

THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE WIKIPEDIA. This is the stereotype.

This whole concept flies high and large in the face of a latina in Costa Rica:

1. Chicas down here are famous for having their own plans and hidden agendas. This is all part of their drama which they love. If they can't get it in their novelas, then they create it in real life.

2. Chicas down here ABSOLUTELY use sex EXACTLY because of their socio-economic condition.

3. Sweet-tempered girl??? Give me a friggin' break. If she is pissed off, which can happen in an instant. Better off sleeping out back in the dog house. She might start threatening you. She might start throwing shit at you. She might even call the police and tell them that YOU are abusing them. Latinas are passionate and lack emotional intelligence. They wear their mood on their sleeve. And... there certainly are a microscopic amount of sweet-tempered ones.

4. Sexual virgin and innocence????? GIVE ME ANOTHER FRIGGIN' break!!!!! However, this is the part I like. If you don't get laid on your first date, then something went wrong. Many latinas enjoy dropping their panties... and I for one reciprocate.

So, if you think you're gonna find the "girl next door down" easily here in Costa Rica, you better first find a witch that can put some good voodoo on you or something. Cuz, you sure will have a hard time finding it by any other means.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Man isnt it something ,that when we are in our twentys,we are all Badazzs.We are not vunerable to S*^t and we can get any woman and turn her into The Princess Bride. Hey ,Atica it just seems like Movies,Media,and Mainstream Pop Culture,give Guys this false idea that there is a "Tica Princess in waitin" .Which is Horse #%$^%
I do think there are Single Chicas available .Pro and Non Pro , that want to get out the Competition(see HDR on a good nite).But, as many on here are constantly alluding to , it take time,trust and ultimatelely a solid commitment from her(Remember what middle class,and rich represent in CR),and u my man .Are you gonna sacrifice the game,for -ONE Chica Tica?

Im in Miami Chicas...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 am 

Perhaps its an age thing although that may not be a popular thing to say. Point blank, if a woman loves you (*ahem* for real) then all the stereotypes are out the window..

Problem comes when a man thinks his girl is in love with him because he wants her to be..

Situations like that (which happen all the time) fail, 10 out of 10 times.. :|

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:28 am 

Chi, reality is not a real popular concept on the board. :D And I find it interesting how guys get so touchy when reality rears it's ugly head. The defensiveness tells it all. Kind of sad really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:40 am 

Chi wrote:

Quote:
So, I never even came close to a broken heart.

Chi,

All those failed attempts at a quality relationship is pretty heartbreaking in itself.

Perhaps you should consider Santa's advice and take a look at the man in the mirror.

Just sayin'

Post subject: Re: Novia Time
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 am 

Aticafan wrote:
ok I've been down and bought me plenty of pu*sy. Even got lucky with a few non pro intoxicated ticas.

I've been thinking about tracking myself down a nice non pro girl to get to know. Now I already know what clubs to go to. But most of those girls are kinda party crazy and frankily I know those places get dangerous for ticos and gringo alike.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips to find a more ...well normal tica. Not a party girl... not a pro. I don't know if I should hit up the businesses and cafes around the colleges or what. I'm in my mid 20s my spanish is still fairly poor (but I'm learning fast).

Any thoughts or great areas to find the tica next door type? Don't get me wrong I like to go out, but I need someone balanced.

Don't do it. you went to CR to enjoy your self. keep on enjoying your self. this is a receipt for disaster my friend. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am 

GoodToGo wrote:
Chi wrote:

Quote:
So, I never even came close to a broken heart.

Chi,

All those failed attempts at a quality relationship is pretty heartbreaking in itself.

Perhaps you should consider Santa's advice and take a look at the man in the mirror.

Just sayin'

The man in the mirrror is fine. Why make this a personal thing? They were failed relationships, because I dumped them. Why? Because they were bad chicas. Why did I pick them up? They were hot and seemed cool at first sight. But, in reality, if you were to throw a symbolic net out there a grab a group of 100 of them. Well over 60% of them would fall into the "bad chica" category. The other 35% would probably fall into a grey area. And, maybe 5% would fall into what I call "good chica" status. The numbers in Costa Rica do not favor the "girl next door" concept.

Two years ago, the woman that stole $100 on a second date is NOT FINE. Although, I'm certain she thought that since I'm a rich gringo, and I was stupid enough to leave it tucked inside my passport and inside a dresser drawer. That she was fully entitled to it.

And there are guys on this board that side with the girl and/or consider "a girl next door" type. Probably even laugh and say it was my fault that I brought a thief into my house. Well guess what.... you bring a random chica into your house on a second date.... you might have yourself a thief.

I remember a couple of years back, a guy on the board who was really stupid enough to marry the first girl he EVER sessioned with at the HDR. HE GOT ALLLLLLLLLL THE SUPPORT AND EMPATHY from guys on this board. Whereas I - who never dated one.... and steadily side on the other side... Get criticism. Personal jabs all the time. I even got mugged and was shit upon afterwards.

Thirdworld actually has it right. Those rosey colored glasses are really sensitive. Who then should be taking them off and looking in the mirror?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:05 pm 

Quote:
The man in the mirrror is fine. Why make this a personal thing?

Well, you just seem to have more than your fair share of problems. That being said, I do admire your willingness to share your experiences.

Sorry if the mirror comment came off as personal. My intent was to suggest that perhaps you're inordinate number of problems are the result of approach you are taking.

Again, just sayin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:16 pm 

Maybe we should just go ahead and drink the kool-aid Chi!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm 

GoodToGo wrote:
Quote:
The man in the mirrror is fine. Why make this a personal thing?

Well, you just seem to have more than your fair share of problems. That being said, I do admire your willingness to share your experiences.

Sorry if the mirror comment came off as personal. My intent was to suggest that perhaps you're inordinate number of problems are the result of approach you are taking.

Again, just sayin'

I still don't understand the inordinate amount of problems I'm having as opposed to any other gringo in Costa Rica???? I've been with the same woman for over two years now.

If you ask me... the guys with the problems... are drinking the cool-aid, that they hand out at the Del Rey. There even are guys that have lived down here for a decade and still can't separate reality from fantasy. I suppose if you never leave the gulch, then that is possible?

I stopped drinking that cool-aid years ago... even while I was still a monger.

This topic was about a young guy who wanted to find a girl next door type down here in CR. I still haven't heard anyone saying.... OHH YEAHHH TONS OF EM DOWN HERE. Just go here and look there or go there and look here.

No man.... its just not that easy in Costa Rica. You want to find a sweet-tempered girl, with innocence and virginity, your only chance in CR is in a monastery.

Or, if you feel a little crazy, go find a witch in Escazu... and make her put a voodoo spell on the only chica in town that hasn't dropped her panties for several dozen different guys. But, isn't that why we call came down in the first place???? Now I'm confused!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next