www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: bad-debt collectors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:57 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SpeakNo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:18 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Before this convo continues, I think it would be wise to see exactly what SLMA (Student Loan Marketing Agency, aka Sallie Mae) is. One thing it is not is part of the Federal government anymore than Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac are. Too-close ties to the Feds, yes; part of the Government, no (although they have Federally-legislated enforcement powers).: http://www.studentdebtrelief.us/uncateg ... he-crisis/ and http://www.asa.org/policy/resources/stats/ << When you are finished with your homework, we'll talk again. BTW I found the above links in about 15 seconds of searching.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:37 am 

I don't have the time or the inclination to educate those who will not listen;, have another adjenda -

In 2005/2006, the beginings of the last recession - was in large part due to the mortgage crisis - many which were held by institutions and later sold to Fannie Mae or Freddy Mac - they were packaged up and sold as "secured debt".

Much of it was in whole or part "insured" by AIG - the insurance company too large to fail :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, we all know what happened - due to so many mistakes - started by the simple facts there is no substitute for sound credit policy (like "stated income loans" - also called Liars loans - like lending to someone with a 500 credit score - solidly in deadbeat territory) so our economy collapsed - largely because of the debt caused by the bursting of the real estate bubble.

The bad debt does not go "away" - it does not disappear - when FEDERAL Student Loans are defaulted - as happens fairly often - SOMEONE is on the hook for that money - while it should be the borrower, it frequently is not.

What a wonderful world it would be if all - or even most of the bad debt of any entity - was somehow either insured or otherwise taken care of - but had that been the case, the "Great Recession" would never have taken place.

You guys need to smarten up - 'Web, just b/c I reference something or give an example it does not mean its directed at you.

But don't go getting "chippy" - start to solve your issues, and I don't mean by taking a Phuck trip to Costa Rica.

Roll up your sleeves, get the counceling you need and get your life on track - while taking a crack at repaying what you owe (B/C I know what forbearance means.....)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:15 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
About assurances time and again that this time it will be different: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WluSeo0BoPY << The "Virginia way" writ large

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:48 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Quote:
'Web, just b/c I reference something or give an example it does not mean its directed at you.

No problem. I have no issue with you utilizing one of my many brilliant, game changing quotes as a reference, but in the future if you are doing so, please make sure to be clear as to whom you are addressing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:57 pm 

Scuba1 wrote:
I don't have the time or the inclination to educate those who will not listen;, have another adjenda -

In 2005/2006, the beginings of the last recession - was in large part due to the mortgage crisis - many which were held by institutions and later sold to Fannie Mae or Freddy Mac - they were packaged up and sold as "secured debt".

Just a little word cleansing....that might oughta read mortgage scam being exposed instead of mortgage crisis. It wasn't much of a "crisis" as those in the know knew it was coming LONG before the axe fell. *shrug* Yup, him that has gets. More like a con. Be too much like right to label it a crime. Nope, we'd rather focus on some $136 per month food stamp program (SNAP) recipient. Period.

student loan debt: An aspect of student loan debt is how much of that debt was spent on living expenses? Following that, what kind of lifestyle did we pick when we went to school? Austere but adequate? Comfortable? Extravagant? My first hovel was a $35 @ month room whose sole source of heat was the steam pipe running through the room into the next room. Three rooms shared a common closet head and a common, simple ice box, two burner stove, 4 cabinets; a wooden table with four chairs. People going to "school" these days are, from my vantage point, picking far more deluxe accommodations. Private trade school scams are one thing; borrowing to be more than adequate? Not my cup of tea....

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Stop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:27 am 

SpeakNo wrote:
Stop

screw your fancy iPhone. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Don't be hatin'. It's in smack talk. Get down. :P :P :P

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7