www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

he says manning will always be a colt....ahahahahahaha....meanwhile, the moving vans are already backing up manning's driveway.

can you ever believe irsay?

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:40 pm 

He really has no choice. It's still a business. You can never believe anything you hear from a player, coach, owner, or anybody else in the entertainment industry. Things change very quickly.

How can you pay Manning $28mm and you don't even know if he will be able to play. They already gave him 20+ mil to sit last year. Meanwhile, you draft Luck and make him sit for at least 2 years before Manning retires? The K*D has said he doesn't want to sit.

Remember, they have no playmakers any more. So thinking Manning could step in an return the team to glory is wishful thinking. Why not take all that money and invest it in some players around the new QB rather than trying to hang on to memories of the good days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:43 pm 

Gotta agree it was a no brainer with that $28 million coming due. I am willing to take a risk on him with the Dolphins, but am not sure at all he will have a big season next year coming back from this injury.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm 

Just hope he does not become anther Farve and stick around to long.

But, if he really was a Colt to the end, he could have taken a big pay cut and stick around to play/coach the new QB. College game and the pro game are two different animals and if Luck thinks different and believes he walk in and tear up the NFL, they better do a lot of blood test on him. A year with Manning teaching the fine points, like 350 lbs def linemen can run just as fast as you and jump as high as you is the what it takes to up ensure you stick around for a while in the NFL as a QB.

I can see some other teams eyeballing him to do just that with talented new QB's. So will he land on his feet some where ( and for a lot less money), Lets all hope he never lands on that neck again and he can walk into the hall of Fame and not need a wheel chair or worse to get into the building.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:28 pm 

Still, it makes you wonder.....

Assuming it was not about the $$$$ :roll: you have to figure there were possible health issues w/ his neck - and in pro sports, even given the lack of play last season, if the Colts were certain he was healthy, I doubt they would have released him this year - I mean, look at their current option(s). Have to ask yourself, what do they know that other teams maybe don't?

My team, the Dolphins, are making a huge play for him - if they are sucessful, I really hope it works out - they are due for some luck (not Andrew :lol: ) and if healthy, Peyton Manning could give them what they need to be a contender :)

Regardless, he is unlikely to sit out this year b/c if it does not happen w/ Miami, there are 5 other teams who likely want him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:34 pm 

Jeez Scuba1, ya think this could really be the end to our QB curse in Miami? He has too good of a work ethic to be a bust unless you are right, and health issues might be worse than we know. Definitely due for some luck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 pm 

Perhaps...... :)

I'd give anything to see the report the Colts medical and training staff prepared prior to letting him go :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 pm 

No team is going to make him a binding offer without a complete medical evaluation and working him out.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:09 am 

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 am 

Irish Drifter wrote:
No team is going to make him a binding offer without a complete medical evaluation and working him out.

Thank you Captain Obvious :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

I know that, ID :) - just saying that (and maybe its the suspicious in me) that the Colts - even for the money mentioned - would not have released him, if they thought he was 100% and could help the tem win.

At the level of an NFL owner; most are billionaires or very close to it, and its ego in many cases - what would be fortune to us (me, anyway) is not to them for the bragging rights to a Superbowl win. At their level, many of their friends and associates are super rich -

But they maybe do not own a pro sports franchise (its the ultimate male toy)
And their team wins the ultimate prize in sports, the Superbowl

At the level these guys play in and live, its about the ego and bragging rights.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I had the exact same surgery as Peyton Manning when I was about 40 years old. A year after the surgery I ran a marathon and have competed in over 100 triathlons...but......THERE IS NO FREAKING WAY I WOULD HAVE EVER BEEN ABLE TO PLAY FOOTBALL. I would never have had the confidence to take a chance on my fused neck not breaking. I have no idea how a doctor could or would clear him for contact.....man........one bad hit...and your wheeling it for the rest of your life. Maybe they know something I don't????