www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hola Amigos,
I'll be making my first trip to San Jose this coming December...I'm flying Solo...and my Spanish totally sucks. My electronic translator should arrive tomorrow and I'll get busy studying my Tica Talk :)

Hit me up if you'll be in the area...I have no idea of what to really expect so I'm planning on just going with the flow and letting whatever happens happen.

As they say...when in Costa Rica!

I arrive into SJO at 1:30am...should I have any concerns about my transfer from SJO to Mona Lisa in the middle of the night?

Thanks,
OK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Have Mona Lisa arrange your transportation to the hotel. They will have someone meet you as you exit the airport. Get checked in and enjoy. Although it is close, if you go the the Del Rey take a taxi. You'll like Mona Lisa. Even if you are language challenged, I will tell you this....Do not pay ANY chica $100.00! If you do, you will get a big X tattooed on your forehead and will have to live with it forever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Feel free to go 1 block up the hill, Calle 3A, you will find the havana humidor room. havanahumidorroom.com.
Also, Zona 2 in same building and Scores is next door.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks WhiteAsh...and Whitecat.
I appreciate the information.
Regards,
Omar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:15 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ill be there staying at LA on the same dates. This will be my 7th trip so i know a little bit of the do's and dont's of CR as well as where the hot spots are. if you like we can meet up... your in for a great time!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:26 am 
My first visits when in CR was to Zona II and BigMike and I stopped by the Havana Humidor and had a great smoke and drink which was a great start to our day. Esposodebarbie gave me a tour of the city (couple of hours) and really made a difference. I walked around the next day on my own and felt really comfortable with the area.

I stayed at LA and did the all inclusive package and was well worth it. I was able to connect with some CRTers within an hour of hitting the ground and had a great time with them and they showed me the ropes. I was flying solo and my Spanish is not bad so I thought I would be okay but it's always good to have a wing around.

You should PM Ricker and try a time to meet up. Hanging with a vet always helps. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:47 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey there Omar, I get in the night of the 10th and will be at Scores. Hit me up if you want another wingman your last few nights.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:29 am 

Hey Skeet, I'll be there from the 4th through the 16th. Let me know if you want to meet up when you get in on the 10th.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:47 am 

Rico143 wrote:
My first visits when in CR was to Zona II and BigMike and I stopped by the Havana Humidor and had a great smoke and drink which was a great start to our day. Esposodebarbie gave me a tour of the city (couple of hours) and really made a difference. I walked around the next day on my own and felt really comfortable with the area.

I stayed at LA and did the all inclusive package and was well worth it. I was able to connect with some CRTers within an hour of hitting the ground and had a great time with them and they showed me the ropes. I was flying solo and my Spanish is not bad so I thought I would be okay but it's always good to have a wing around.

You should PM Ricker and try a time to meet up. Hanging with a vet always helps. Enjoy!

It was good to see you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:28 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey Omar, I will be in San Jose December 4th-December 8th

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:20 pm 

Hey Omar, I'm goin from Ft Lauderdale on the 4th. Arriving on the 5th early am. Staying at the Monalisa too. Not sure if that's the same flight (I take it you're flying Spirit). Anyway, if it is, PM me. we can hook up and split a cab. Not an SJ expert, but I do know my way around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:22 am 

OmarKlein wrote:
should I have any concerns about my transfer from SJO to Mona Lisa in the middle of the night? Thanks, OK

No, plenty of taxi's outside all during the day or night. If you are not using a private driver such as PVT or myself, make sure you take an orange cab that time of night. Less chance of getting ripped off. If you want to split a ride with Keeper50, p.m. PVT or myself. We'll make arrangements to get you.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:26 am 

Keeper50 wrote:
Hey Omar, I'm goin from Ft Lauderdale on the 4th. Arriving on the 5th early am. Staying at the Monalisa too. Not sure if that's the same flight (I take it you're flying Spirit). Anyway, if it is, PM me. we can hook up and split a cab. Not an SJ expert, but I do know my way around.

That's Spirit #335 at 1:26 a.m. It always arrives the next day and is the only arriving flight at that time. So if you leave on the 4th, it arrives on the 5th

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.