www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: San Jose or Jaco?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:26 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Been to San Jose many times and stayed at Sportsman and enjoyed all the time. But I never been to Jaco. Questions and opinions:
Is Jaco worth it and more girl fun than San Jose
Where to stay in Jaco -- girl friendly and nice pool or beach
Best way to get to Jaco from Airport

Thanks!
Frankeast

Post subject: Re: San Jose or Jaco?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Lonetraveler wrote:
Been to San Jose many times and stayed at Sportsman and enjoyed all the time. But I never been to Jaco. Questions and opinions:

Thanks!
Frankeast

Hi - My $0.02 Jaco is worth trying for at least a change of pace, different scenery.
Try the Cocal, has a couple of shallow pools that at least give you a chance to swim, and lots of talent at the poolside bar. I am not so much into the late night partying, I had poolside room and it was damn noisy til 2.00am - doing a couple of days early May and I am going to try courtyard.

A couple of guys (One Lucky Dog, PuraVida) can arrange transport for you I'm sure; never used them but they are active on the board.

Enjoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:32 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I suggest that you PM PuraVidaTransport for all of these types of questions. He is an invaluable asset for all Jaco-related questions and/or concerns that you have.

Pura Vida

EdB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:09 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Lonetraveler wrote:

Thanks!
Frankeast

Complete and detailed responses to the above have been documented extensively and recently on this board.

But here goes a quick answer from someone who has stayed at Cocal twice in the last six months: it is highly recommended that you experience it, if you have done SL and HDR, and are that level customer. Yes, it is pricier (hotel and chicas), but worth the money and setting. There is very little to no action during the day, unless you have made previous arrangements with chicas. Definitely stay at Cocal, by doing so you avoid all sorts of location/Chica issues. Plus, you have everything you need for a 2 or 3 day stay right there. The beach is nothing to write home about, but nice for a walk. IMHO, I must say the best looking chicas these days are @ Cocal.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:33 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

San Jose and Jaco. They complement each other.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:59 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

n

Last edited by Lomo on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:35 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

To each their own. Both places are jumping right now. Most of the guys I come in contact with stay in Jaco on Thursday - Saturday night and San Jose the rest of the nights. San Jose has more rooms than Jaco does, so, if your are planning to do both, you might want to give yourself 2-3 months advance for lodging.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:34 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

This is certainly not the popular opinion of Jaco, or the Cocal specifically, but it is my opinion after spending Friday night there. I thought it sucked. I guess it depends on one's personal tastes. All I saw were fake boobs, ass implants, and attitudes of "I am the hottest girl in the world and I know it". Not to mention that even at night it is over 90 degrees and you have about 150 people all packed into a 20' by 50' area despite the pool section being much larger than that. The only reason I spent 3 hours there was because that was how long it took me to find a girl I could stand talking to for longer than 3 minutes.

Now one of the guys I was with likes those kind of gals, so to him it was heaven. TETO

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water