www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yet another newbie intro
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:06 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

First, I want to say thanks for the people who have contributed to this board. The amount of information here is pretty amazing. I'm not new to mongering - I lived in Malaysia and Thailand for about 4 years, and still get back to Thailand every couple of years. I actually found this site after a Thailand trip last month in which I thought to myself "That flight and jetlag is really brutal - there's gotta be somewhere in this hemisphere". From what I've read, I think I'd probably enjoy the scene in Medellin, but my Spanish is terrible, so I figured Costa Rica might be a better first trip south.

I'm starting to plan a trip for Dec 2-7, and should be booking room/airline next week if I can confirm the work time off. If you'd asked me a few weeks ago, I'd have told you I spoke no spanish, but I've been working pretty diligently on the duolingo site and languagetransfer audios. I used to speak French pretty fluently, so the vocabulary isn't overwhelming, and a lot of the words have French similarities even if they don't have English cognates. Given another six weeks of work before my trip, I'm expecting to be able to have basic conversations with people. I may get a tutor in the second half of November just so that I have someone to practice speaking with.

I've read the newbie stickies, paid for VIP, and read a couple years worth of trip reports. However, I'm sure I'm still going to have lots of questions as the trip gets closer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Welcome aboard!

mh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm 

Welcome bud. I look forward to reading your thoughts on Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:31 pm 

Welcome. Just post you questions in this thread and you will get a variety of answers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:43 pm 

When you plan on your specific dates and hotel, you can announce here your arrival time and length of stay, a week to a few days before coming, ask for fellow mongers to meet up with you, Sportsmens Lodge is a good meeting place choice, Scores, HDR and Zona are as well, you can make fast friends, get good advice and have ''wingmen" to hang with and if any are experienced, you can get good firsthand info on the ground and in person. 8)

I think you're gonna like it here, at any given time a hundred to a couple hundred ladies within a few mile radius to choose from, 6 am to 6 am, typically $50 to $100, most are sweet sexy young friendly and gorgeous... :twisted: something for everybody...

Welcome to the club ! :!: