www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

No matter what they say, I think everybody has that fantasy to live like a rock star. Not being foolish all the time, but then again foolish is relative! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 am 

Yep. With all the talk lately about the dreaded "CIEN", Looks like it's time to bump this thread for some of the newer guys! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zabu wrote:
I don't remember who was the President in 1978 when I first paid for pu*sy in San Jose, but it didn't cost "Cien".
Now I pay that and more if the circumstances call for it and as in most transactions if you shop carefully you will get what you paid for, or didn't pay for which ever the case might be.
It really is a personal choice as one guys 6 is anothers 9, and $100 doesn't mean the same to everyone! Some want bbbj others don't, but perhaps have other requests, which can all have an effect on price and success of the session for an individual.

If you feel good about the whole thing at the end then maybe you paid the right price, if you feel bad then you probably paid the wrong price--too high or too low!

How much did you pay back in 1978?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm 

Don't know about 1978 but can tell you in 1992 Park Hotel was 2000 colones ($15) and Happy Days and old NYB were between 3000 &3500 ($22 - 25),

No HDR in those early days.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Irish Drifter wrote:
Don't know about 1978 but can tell you in 1992 Park Hotel was 2000 colones ($15) and Happy Days and old NYB were between 3000 &3500 ($22 - 25),

Wow. $15 in1992. I remember paying a crack ho $10 in 1992. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Irish Drifter wrote:

What the hell happened? How did it go from $15-$25 back in1992 to $100-$150 today? I know about inflation and all that. but damned. Was it the intro of the Del Rey? Or those Colombianas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post subject: Re: The Great
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm 

AlNyc wrote:
What the hell happened? How did it go from $15-$25 back in1992 to $100-$150 today? I know about inflation and all that. but damned. Was it the intro of the Del Rey? Or those Colombianas?

This is strictly anecdotal as I have no empirical evidence but I would think the dramatic rise in prices was caused by the arrival of the Colombians. The HDR catered to transit fisherman in the early days and did not have a great impact on pricing in the other venues until later when the migration began and the HDR bought up the competing neighborhood properties and tore them down. I have heard that many of the initial groups from Columbia were smuggled in by coyotes and had to pay their debt off before they could leave the communal house where they lived so the pressure not to negotiate was very strong. There was also the peer pressure of the other Columbian girls not to cut the price. Caution I repeat this is all anecdotal.

There are still neighborhood girls in the 15.000 to 20.000 ($30-40) colones range.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 pm 

Irish Drifter wrote:
AlNyc wrote:

This is strictly anecdotal as I have no empirical evidence but I would think the dramatic rise in prices was caused by the arrival of the Colombians. The HDR catered to transit fisherman in the early days and did not have a great impact on pricing in the other venues until later when the migration began and the HDR bought up the competing neighborhood properties and tore them down. I have heard that many of the initial groups from Columbia were smuggled in by coyotes and had to pay their debt off before they could leave the communal house where they lived so the pressure not to negotiate was very strong. There was also the peer pressure of the other Columbian girls not to cut the price. Caution I repeat this is all anecdotal.

There are still neighborhood girls in the 15.000 to 20.000 ($30-40) colones range.

Again, just conjecture (but based upon a lot of trips over a lot of years) - you get many "newbi's" who hate to negotiate, know one place <HDR> and many who figure, "what the hell, I'm on vacation, and $100 is lots less than I'd pay back home" (never mind CR is not "back home" and $100 goes a lot farther in CR - even with inflation, than it does in the USA - so many have no real understanding of how society works in CR with often many family members living together, "pooling money", in nothing approaching how life is in the USA) - although I can forgive guys for not knowing, I really want to say smarten up, even though what others may pay really has little effect on me, b/c I pretty much avoid the HDR - CR is not the USA.

With some notable exceptions, you certainly don't have to pay $100; you should be able to pay in the $60 - $80 range and as ID points out very correctly, you can certainly find it for much less.

The key is to develop your own "list" so you don't have rely on the HDR - go to the MP's, see if one of the girls will meet you at your room, ask residents for recommendations - and you can leave the HDR, and perhaps have a better experience overall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm 

I think trying to make sense of this whole thing is waaaay too business like without an ounce of a human nature element (ever) involved. Trust me when I say, chicas will never look at p4p as business like as mongers do.. They may business fugg you but that's because they prolly don't want to be in the room hence the $100 price tag to begin with. That side of all this is never talked about which makes it laughable.

So trying to figure out the dollars and cents or sense from a typical business minded monger type point of view, will never make sense....

Anyway...,

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Del Rey hookers ask for $100 because odds are if you won't pay that much, someone else in the room will.

Girls who still enjoy sex will come down considerably if they are attracted to you, and desperate girls will do the same if the pickings for johns are slim. But there are always hard core putas in the HDR who will not budge from $100.

I am NEVER going back to the Gulch. Too many better places to go.

Vince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 am 

I think the popularity of the Internet has contributed to the dramatic rise in prices and the "ruining" of many places. I must admit that I am being somewhat hypocritical here because I discovered CR using the Internet. Anyone remember CRS and Soprano. :mrgreen:

The guys who visited CR before the Internet, must have cursed the day when hordes of Wal-Mart- weekend millionaire mongers started to show up.

Devo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm 

VinceThePrince wrote:
Del Rey hookers ask for $100 because odds are if you won't pay that much, someone else in the room will.
Possibly...but not always - when a "5" or a "6" starts at $100 b/c that's what they have been programed to do - it makes you wonder - I don't want to piss off my friend ID giving out percentages :P :lol: :P but I would speculate many of the "non 10's" who hold out for cien + go home w/ zero dinero many nights

Girls who still enjoy sex will come down considerably if they are attracted to you, and desperate girls will do the same if the pickings for johns are slim. But there are always hard core putas in the HDR who will not budge from $100. Very true - or put another way, w/ very few exceptions,if you are a serious buyer, and if she does not budge off $100 2 things I can guarantee: She does not want to be with you and she often will be a bad Phuck - most guys doing this for a while, who have a clue, don't pay $100 on a regular basis, nor do they make the Delrey their main (or only) option - don't get me wrong, its fun to take a spin through and check out, but guys in the know have their own options (like a list of favoritas) and don't depend on the offerings at the Delrey

I am NEVER going back to the Gulch. Too many better places to go.
Possibly, Vince - but for many who live in somewhat close proximety to Costa Rica - like most of the population on the east coast of the USA - (and never mind those many of us living in FL - for me, its a 2.25hour flight at a reasonable cost) it was and is a great option

Vince

I don't know what your level of experience is with CR, b/c I've never had the pleasure of meeting you - but while tuna is not as good as lobster, it does not mean you can't enjoy them both - Speaking broadly, if your go to place is the Delrey, and you start and end there every trip and you have not developed you own set of favorites, sure, I could see how someone could get pissed at Costa Rica - but it does not have to be that way at all

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:41 pm 

Scuba,

I agree with you and I also very much prefer to "cultivate and curate" favoritas than to roll the dice with what I can find in the HDR/SL shark tank.

I wasn't at all dissing guys who love San Jose, I only meant to say that I have found other places that suit me better personally. I love Colombia and I love the Philippines, but that is not to say that people who love the Gulch don't have good reasons why they do. I'm not in the "CR Sucks" club, I have had awesome times there with a few sweet and sexy Ticas and Nicas and made a few good friends among the CRT community up there, and my trips to CR led me to Medellin and Bogota and more traveling yet to come in Latin America. I spoke just a few phrases of Spanglish in April 2011 when I made my first trip to the Gulch and because my experience there was so magnificent I decided to master the language. Now almost 2 years later i have not yet achieved total fluency but I'm conversationally proficient with an 800+ word vocabulary, I rarely make conjugation or gender errors anymore and my accent is good enough to be considered a "Paisa" accent by the Rolos here in Bogota. Knowing the language has enriched my experience and personal relationships with the locals here, especially my relationships with the local women (few of whom speak English in Colombia), and all of this started because I enjoyed San Jose and the chicas I met there so much.

By nature and somewhat by trade I am a linguist so I'm a little different and of course many guys have little interest in learning a new language when a few phrases and body language is enough to negotiate for a session, order food and drinks, and take a taxi somewhere. Me personally I get a lot of enjoyment by diving deep into the culture and guys who have met me or read my TRs know that I prefer to have non-p4p relationships even in places where P4p is widely available. I'm just wired that way. So for me of course the ability to really communicate is essential.

If I'm not mistaken, you seem to have a good handle on Thai and I'm sure that makes your trips to Pattaya more fun.

Anyhow, sorry for the long-winded post.

PURA vida :-)
Vince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:01 pm 

Thanks, Vince :)

PS You never have to appologise to me for a long winded post! :wink: :lol: :lol: :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:52 am 

The "CIEN" issue has reared it's head again, so here's a bump. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next