www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

The wife and I are 1st timing it to SJ in Aug. I'm looking for 2 things...
1) Any advice on what ticas charge for couples (or just her)...2-3 hours. Be as general or specific as needed. We are staying at a guest friendly establishment.
2) What the hell can we do during the day so the wife doesn't think this is a 100% sex vacation. Recommend tours in and out of SJ...non-gambling please.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If you rent a car, drive on over to Tamarindo and hit the beach. I was over there for the first time my last trip and was impressed with the town. In my opinion it is much better than Flamingo, Quepos or Jaco for walking around and playing on the beach. It does take about 3.5-4 hours to drive to though. I hit Playa Flamingo, Tamarindo, and Samara beaches all in one day looking for someone to take me fishing for a reasonable amount, so I did not have a lot of spare time at looking around. Also there if you are driving head up to the hot springs near Volcan Arenal but be prepared for about 60.00 per person entrance fee if you are not staying there. I would suggest spending at least one night up there though. If you head over to Quepos or Manuel Antonio there is a place called La Selvita that has a great Zip Line setup and ATV's if the owners are in town and not back in France as from what I have been told they do not let the ATV's be used if they are not there. The Park at Manuel Antonio is worth hiking around in but it gets hotter than shit there so be prepared. I do not know what your travel budget is but you should be prepared to stay at least one night at any of those places if not 2 or 3. You can get domestic flights to all those locations for about 50.00 each way but you will be limited to 20lbs of luggage and fly on small planes. If you are flying and returning to the gulch, see if you can store your extra luggage where ever you are staying, so that you don't get turned away or charged a shit load to take it with you. Also keep in mind that sometimes the planes do not have enough people on them to make the trip so it is possible that you spend more time in the airport. Once I had a 9:30 flight headed to Quepos and we were the only 2 scheduled to fly on it. We ended up not leaving till 1:30 then had to fly to Fortuna then Quepos so we did not make it to our hotel till almost 4pm. Pretty much wasted the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:27 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

monte_burns wrote:
The wife and I are 1st timing it to SJ in Aug. I'm looking for 2 things...
1) Any advice on what ticas charge for couples (or just her)...2-3 hours. Be as general or specific as needed. We are staying at a guest friendly establishment.

if you search back a couple months ago, there was a Married couple just like you guys... you should PM them for some insight

I stay at amistad and always see Gringo couple who are bringing back chicas...

Post subject: Re: advice
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:28 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Last edited by TBird on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:14 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

TBird,

Thanks for the informative post.

A good day trip from San Jose is Poas Volcano. Go in the morning this time of year due to afternoon rain. It is around 1-1.5 hours from the airport. You will not always see the Volcano due to the cloud cover. You can hike there as well. Nice day trip..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:02 am 

TBird wrote:

Presenting as a duo can be intimidating to some ladies, as we discovered at the Cocal a couple of years ago.
True story: It's the Halloween party. A young Dominican, who seemed to be new to the job, agreed to go with us. Once in the room, she was clearly not into me touching her and she repeatedly asked me in disbelief, "You don't mind me doing this!?" as she was riding on top of my hubby. She could not get past her own moral compass. Funny words, considering her occupation and location at that moment. haha.
We paid cien for what ended up being our one and only disappointing experience in Costa Rica. The experience barely lasted a half hour. Then she wanted me to help her put her costume back on. I felt like her seamstress.

Obviously you didn't interview her thoroughly enough regarding your wants and expectations.
You felt like her seamstress? Was it really that much trouble for you to help her for a few minutes with her costume?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:22 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

TBird, thank-you for your post. It is very refreshing to get a females point of view. Don't pay any attention to GT's post. Nobody does.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:06 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

@GringoTim Comments like that don't contribute positively to the board.

Look. I didn't have to say anything on here. I chose to share, because it offers unique insight to CRT members and I thought the provider's moral dilemma was somewhat humorous, but whatever. My point is that you would have to be in a couples situation to understand that "interviewing" at the Cocal Halloween party, in a packed pool area, with loud music and people jostling around, is not ideal. This lady hung in a pack with her other Dominican friends and was not wanting to be pulled away to talk in some hallway past the bar.
My husband did the negotiating for the two of us. I was right there and it was clear she understood what we were requesting. Once in the room, she was a bad performer. Many stories of that exist on CRT. It happens.

As far as the seamstress comment; Technically, no. I had no difficulty altering her costume for 10 minutes.
After she agreed to be with the two of us, and after she ignored me during the session with my husband, she handed me scissors. She wanted me to trim off and make changes to her costume.
At her direction, I made various changes, shortened her dress, zipped up her costume, put on wing attachments etc. and I didn't even get a smile or thank you for it. I tried chatting with her to no avail.
She just wanted to get back out there for more money.
At that point, I just helped her out to get her out the door, so we could go actually have some fun, which we did!
From my perspective, it sucked and yes, it left me feeling like a seamstress.

Would you really want to be in your room at the SL or wherever, helping your "date" get ready for the next guy?! at your cost?! Probably not.

I did not come to CR to have that kind of experience. Thankfully, all of our experiences before and after have been fantastic, as interviews/negotiations have been fine. Also, thank goodness for some of the nice people I have met through CRT, like RAC.

@Bashful Dwarf: I love your posts, especially the first few trip reports! Great writing style.
I'm sorry we didn't connect with you when we went to CR last year.

@Rover Thank you for your kindness!

T-Bird

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thank you, Tbird. That's the info I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:06 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

TBird wrote:
@GringoTim Comments like that don't contribute positively to the board.

Look. I didn't have to say anything on here. I chose to share, because it offers unique insight to CRT members and I thought the provider's moral dilemma was somewhat humorous, but whatever. My point is that you would have to be in a couples situation to understand that "interviewing" at the Cocal Halloween party, in a packed pool area, with loud music and people jostling around, is not ideal. This lady hung in a pack with her other Dominican friends and was not wanting to be pulled away to talk in some hallway past the bar.
My husband did the negotiating for the two of us. I was right there and it was clear she understood what we were requesting. Once in the room, she was a bad performer. Many stories of that exist on CRT. It happens.

As far as the seamstress comment; Technically, no. I had no difficulty altering her costume for 10 minutes.
After she agreed to be with the two of us, and after she ignored me during the session with my husband, she handed me scissors. She wanted me to trim off and make changes to her costume.
At her direction, I made various changes, shortened her dress, zipped up her costume, put on wing attachments etc. and I didn't even get a smile or thank you for it. I tried chatting with her to no avail.
She just wanted to get back out there for more money.
At that point, I just helped her out to get her out the door, so we could go actually have some fun, which we did!
From my perspective, it sucked and yes, it left me feeling like a seamstress.

Would you really want to be in your room at the SL or wherever, helping your "date" get ready for the next guy?! at your cost?! Probably not.

I did not come to CR to have that kind of experience. Thankfully, all of our experiences before and after have been fantastic, as interviews/negotiations have been fine. Also, thank goodness for some of the nice people I have met through CRT, like RAC.

@Bashful Dwarf: I love your posts, especially the first few trip reports! Great writing style.
I'm sorry we didn't connect with you when we went to CR last year.

@Rover Thank you for your kindness!

T-Bird

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:29 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

@Monte_Burns You're Welcome! If you want to PM me with specific questions, I'll do my best to answer.

@Indyguy :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:19 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Wife and I were in CR for first time in May and had a blast. We spent time in Jaco, SJ, and then 2 nights in Manuel Antonio. MA was nice for a couple days, but no girls at all...well there were a few at the Best Western, but not that we would touch. We really enjoyed CR and will return. We still prefer Thailand, but that is likely because we go 3-4 times a year and know the place very well and the girls are very cheap:). Anyway, we did really like CR, had a lot of fun, and we will be back sometime next year. We talked about coming back to CR again later this year but are heading back to Thailand in August, Colombia in September, and then Thailand again in October/November so rest of this year is pretty full.

Sorry I was babbling, but to get to your question now...We took girls in Jaco and SJ and paid between $80-$100. We had ladies approach us in every place we went looking for company, but many will be intimidated by couples. We are in our 30's and wife looks about 25 with no K*ds, so that may make a difference depending on age(not sure). Make sure that your female half does the vetting with the lady. If she is anything like my wife she will know very quickly if the lady is truly bi. Many will say sure, but are not truly into girls...we have found the ones that are truly bi do not charge us anymore than they would charge a single man. Some will ask crazy prices, but we just laugh and move on. Do not be afraid to negotiaite though to get what you want and make sure that the lady understands what you expect from her.
Day trips from SJ...there are quite a few you can do. Poas, Sarchi, ziplining, rafting, etc. Check out tripadvisor and you will see a plethora of options.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 am 

TBird.......

It's always good to see your posts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

My wife and I also participate . I have a few girls phone numbers if you PM me that I get for $100 for a couple hours