www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05 am 
Site Admin

Costa Rica Travel – It is now less expensive for me to travel home to Houston than it is for me to take a trip to Nicaragua or Panama. With round trip flights for about $250 with 2 checked bags it is going to be a good time to go pick up Christmas gifts.

Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) has officially opened its international terminal at Hobby Airport.

The five-gate terminal, which opened Oct. 15, has been under construction since September 2013. It puts Houston in a rare class in the United States: Houston is now one of only three municipalities with two international airports in its boundaries.

The inaugural flight for the new international terminal will be to Cancun, Mexico. In addition, Southwest will fly regular flights to and from Aruba, Jamaica, Costa Rica, the Bahamas, Belize and other cities in Mexico.

Southwest Airlines will operate four out of the five gates, and the Houston Airport System will control the fifth gate. There’s been no indication as to who will use that fifth gate. All five gates are capable of handling domestic and international passengers.

The $156 million project is the first of its kind for Southwest Airlines, which has big intentions on growing its presence in the Houston market, CEO Gary Kelly has previously said.

The new terminal features an expansive new Southwest Airlines ticket counter, which opened Oct. 1, a new federal inspection station capable of handling 900 to 1,000 passengers an hour, five gates with the ability to build the terminal out to 12 gates if needed, new restaurants and bars, and art from local artists.

The new, 3,000-space parking garage next to the terminal will open partially around Thanksgiving, said project manager Bill Manning. The second half of the garage will open in 2016.

By Joe Martin, From Houston Business Journal, Edited by Dan Stevens

http://www.costaricantimes.com/southwes ... rica/41577

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:16 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

This is going to be very popular. I got here the other day and fron Chicago it was $329.00.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:25 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

[quote="Admin 3"]Costa Rica Travel – It is now less expensive for me to travel home to Houston than it is for me to take a trip to Nicaragua or Panama. With round trip flights for about $250 with 2 checked bags it is going to be a good time to go pick up Christmas gifts.

I just took this flight and was great. Low cost, 2 free check bags and can sit in any available seat. I paid the extra $12.50 to get to the front of the line. Great deal. Will be going back next week. Look for fares around $100 each way from Hou.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:00 pm 

Good stuff indeed got RT from DAL for $320. Was so thrilled I booked another trip on the spot.

It does NOT appear the exit tax is included, if I'm reading the charges correctly. Free checked bags more than makes up for it though.

Spirit can suck it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:36 pm 

No, the exit tax is not included. Just pay before you check in. GREAT flights from the midwest. I just booked another flight for about $380.00 from Chicago. This is in winter. FYI, from Chicago, there are 2 different options. One goes through BWI and gets there earlier, and the other via Houston which is arriving later. The new International terminal is good. Fast and no problems.

Another bonus........get a SW credit card, spend $1,000.00 in 90 days and you get 25,000 points. Do a search for flights by points on the flexible calendar, If your schedule is flexible you can get a flight to SJO for about 22,000!!! Got mine......

Post subject: No change fee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:52 pm 

Just changed my fly out date to a day later. No change fee. Gotta love S.W.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:02 pm 

I changed mine also one time. The new flight was cheaper so I now have a credit with them for the next ticket. I also just got 4 drink tickets sent to me last week. These guys are good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

$147 one way from houston IAH to SJO 2-3 flights availabe

Save money on way back with SJO-Houston(hobby) $220

Booked last minute the day before so only $367 not bad at all.

Hobby saved almost 300-400 on flight home.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:08 pm 

I got spoiled back in '07.

Four times, I got R/T airfare from Detroit to SJO for $245, taxes and fees included.

I'd fly out of Detroit about 6am, catch a quick connection in Atlanta or MIA and skate quickly through immigration in CR, hire a red cab for $20, and be in the gringo gulch by about 1pm local time.

I stayed at either the Hotel Castillo or the Hemingway.

Leaving Detroit on a Thursday morning and returning late Sunday, my total costs for airfare, cabs to and from the airport, and hotel costs totaled about $450.