www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Is This Cubadave??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If he had earned any SS over his work lifetime he would still be eligible to take it at age 62 on up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:12 pm 

Interesting how he went from the mighty powerful monger on top of the world to poor old victim begging for money.

Post subject: Is This Cubadave??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:31 pm 

Well. Speaking from a tax perspective only. There could be legitimate (or not so legitimate) reasons why he would not be eligible for social security.

One would be for example If he was a carpenters helper as mentioned in a couple articles he was most likely paid as a 1099 contractor and no W-2 form which would mean no social security withheld nor matching from an employer

Meaning his social security account could be minimal, or maybe even nada if he was never in the system.

Not to mention believing anything printed in the media these days is an exercise in futility. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:08 pm 

El Silencioso wrote:
One would be for example If he was a carpenters helper as mentioned in a couple articles he was most likely paid as a 1099 contractor and no W-2 form which would mean no social security withheld nor matching from an employer

Meaning his social security account could be minimal, or maybe even nada if he was never in the system.

I thought that 1099/independent contractors were required to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

Post subject: Is This Cubadave??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:48 pm 

I see you left out a crucial sentence in my post.

Being a tax professional I can guarantee you the latter (non legitimate) exist in droves.

I won't work with them but plenty of shady characters will unfortunately.

No. You are incorrect. 1099 employers have no social security or Medicare requirement. Independent contractors do have a requirement to pay (many don't) with form 1040 Schedule SE (self employed SS and Medicare reporting form)

Employers do not even have a 1099 reporting requirement if paid to a corporation (not an individual) with a W-9 on file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:44 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

He is done. He will have aged 20 years in 2 months. He will be a broken crippled old man. He will have no need for a passport in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:12 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

His website portrays him as as a man with a very modest amount of money. How was he able to travel and monger as often as he did?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:44 pm 

Mystery....but it still sounds like a very sad story :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:04 pm 

Xray27 wrote:
His website portrays him as as a man with a very modest amount of money. How was he able to travel and monger as often as he did?

Credit cards probably. Either that or the chicas gave it away for free, because he is so famous and good looking. Ha! :roll:

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 pm 

bandon843 wrote:
Mystery....but it still sounds like a very sad story :cry:

is it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm 

Xray27 wrote:

He used to work 21 days straight and then travel for 10 days. Owns a small house and rents out a room. Didn't own a vehicle other than a bicycle. With flexible dates able to often fly stand-by with buddy passes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:36 am 

Skink wrote:
Xray27 wrote:

He used to work 21 days straight and then travel for 10 days. Owns a small house and rents out a room. Didn't own a vehicle other than a bicycle. With flexible dates able to often fly stand-by with buddy passes.

Yep. It is actually not that difficult to do if you are single, have no-dependents, no (or very little) pre-existing debt, and have decided to completely dedicate your life to mongering (which it looks like Dave did). Have you ever read those blogs about people who save half or more of their annual income by living super-frugally (google "Mr Money Mustache" for an example)? I know multiple guys that do just that, except instead of saving that money for retirement, they save it for their monthly trips.

It is especially effective if you are not trying to hook up with cien chicas and staying at the more expensive hotels during your trip. When I met Dave around 8 years ago, he was at the Sudamer apartments in Costa Rica (back then it was about $225 per week) and was banging at least a few girls from the massage places (like New Fantasy) at his apartment. Unless he had a drinking problem, he probably wasn't even spending $150 per night for EVERYTHING. In fact, if he was ONLY averaging 1 girl a night, I could see him cutting that number to as little as $100 a night (eight years ago).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:06 am 

Sad that he doesn't have enough to get out of prison.

I wonder how much it would cost to get him out? Can you buy your way out?

Right now it says he is $275 dollars short of legal expenses. And needs a few thousand more to cover the next round.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:16 am 

And the latest update on his site says Dave will be held until at least March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21