www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hello All,

Please move this thread if needed, not sure where to start.

I came to CRT back in 2004, back in the days of Nucknfuts, Jazz Musician, and Prolijo. Happy to see Pacoloco is still around. Haven't seen Vegas Bob around yet. Anyway, this forum was my inspiration for all the wonders of Latin America since I had been recently divorced. Sadly, the financial wreckage was so expansive that in the 11 years since, I never was able to realize my dream of experiencing the latinas in their natural habitat...

until now.

My esteemed friend is making the trip with me, and we are starting in San Jose, Costa Rica!!!

I cannot express how excited I am, after 11 years of dreaming, whilst being crushed under the bootheel of the American divorce industry. My boys are grown now, and I am free to roam once more.

So, my friend and I need help, from scratch. My spanish is kinda workable, his is nil. We are hoping to do some fishing and maybe some other activity, in additon to playing with the chicas.

I have some awareness of the gulch, and I am making my way through the forum trying to refresh my memory and update how things are down there now, as opposed to then.

If there are any threads that might have comprehensive info for a guy in my position, could you please post them here? Otherwise, I'd love some recommendations on how to get into SJO successfully, basic navigation pointers, and any and all referrals for hotel, fishing, and whatever else you crazy dudes like to do down there.

Also, is there a good time to book or not book? Hottest months? Buzzkill holidays, etc?

Thank you my brothers. It's good to be back. Cannot wait to realize a dream that has been so long deferred.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:45 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

TopShelfTwin wrote:
I came to CRT back in 2004, back in the days of Nucknfuts, Jazz Musician, and Prolijo. Happy to see Pacoloco is still around.

Unfortunately, PacoLoco passed away a couple months ago. Read here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47140

This thread will help you: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16357

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:31 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Dang, that's not good news. I never met him, but I read his stuff faithfully.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out

cheers